stuck for ideas

Online Users: 1,340 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Gothicprincess Posts : 192 Registered: 3/3/07
stuck for ideas
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 6:23 AM

hey ladies 

Im helping one of my best mates with her wedding. she wants a nice country theme but has no idea. ive come up with a few ideas but she just wants a few more.

Wedding details:

colours - dark purple and white, its in april so fall for us.  its semi formal. also there is around 200 people invited

Ceremony and reception is on a farm.

so far she knows she wants a arch way to get married under and thats its.

reception is going to be in a huge barn.  nothing is really set with it.

my ideas for the reception are: she could have tables with white cotton tables cloths, hay bails covered in the same stuff as seats as its not really a formal dinner they are just having cold meats and salads. table decorations could be candle lanterns running down the centre of the tables with dark purple candles. dark purple rose petals scattered between each lantern. then around the barn and yard for extra light, those huricane lanterns, i think thats what they are called, ones on sticks that burn with oil/ wick.

second idea is that they could have terricotta pots (painted white)  with some kind of purple flower planted in each one.

they are on a tight budget so any ideas would help.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: stuck for ideas
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

I have some pictures of weddings in and in front of barns and other rustic settings, so if you contact me I'll be glad to send the pictures out to you. I love purple, but don't always associate it with "country." However, since it's fall and harvest, you could use fruits and veggies as part of your decor--eggplants, plums, grapes, etc. to add a country touch and suport the purple theme (and, in season, fruits and veggies are very economical to use for decor).

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

sandraxtna Posts : 86 Registered: 8/26/07
Posted: May 4, 2008 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I was originally going to do a lantern centerpiece as well but have changed it around and am now selling my lanterns. My lanterns were $9.99 but I will sell them for $8.00 o.b.o. If you're interested, e-mail me sandraxtina@hotmail.com

LizWearsTights Posts : 57 Registered: 8/20/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: sandraxtna

Have a bluegrass band either before the ceremony or at the reception.

http://mondaybear.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine