HELP with Rose Themed Centerpieces!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

ChiBride08 Posts : 54 Registered: 3/15/07
HELP with Rose Themed Centerpieces!
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 10:59 AM

I really have no clue about what to use for my centerpieces for my rose themed wedding.  Our colors are red and purple with hints of silver.  The only idea I've had s far is to use a candle lantern in the middle and then sorround it with rose petals and votives.  But, I don't know if I really like that centerpiece or not.  Or I also thought about filling a lantern with rose heads and sorrounding it with rose petals and votives, but then I'm not sure about where I could get silk rose heads that look real and are affordable. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping to spend $20 a table.

Here are some lanterns that I was considering:

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Re: HELP with Rose Themed Centerpieces!
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: ChiBride08

I think your ideas sound great and original! :) Keep going with it... I love candles and roses. Nothing is more romantic in my opinion.

When is my wedding

See our wedding pictures at: josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer Smile

Nichole3 Posts : 1,410 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: ChiBride08

I like the lantern idea.  I really like the third one.  You could paint them silver too.  You could do a bowl with floating candles and then surround it with rose petals, or buy floating candles that look like roses.  In a magazine once I saw centerpieces of purple pillar candles surrounded by red rose petals.  It was very pretty. 

Roses and candles-you can't go wrong.  Why don't you head out to a craft store and maybe play around with some different containers, candles and bags of faux petals.  That might help you better visualize what you actually like the most.

August 21, 2010   Our day, finally!

sandraxtna Posts : 86 Registered: 8/26/07
Posted: May 4, 2008 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: ChiBride08

I was originally going to do a lantern centerpiece as well but have change it around and am now selling my lanterns. My lanterns were $9.99 but I will sell them for $8.00 o.b.o. If you're interested, e-mail me sandraxtina@hotmail.com

DeezNuttiest Posts : 200 Registered: 1/10/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 5:04 AM Go to message in response to: ChiBride08

check out this page it has a really cool DIY rose center piece. its called a glowing rose and you put a tea light in the center of a rose and it gives it a great effect, it looks pretty cool and inexpensive, i would put out several of these and then randomly scatter tea lights and rose petals in between them.

http://www.wedfrugal.com/projects/glowingrosecenterpieces.html

and heres another rose centerpiece i think looks cool and easy to make, you could use a different kind of or cheaper vase but i think the overall look with the candlelight in the center of roses is pretty, and the other candles and mirrors, it could be done pretty inexpensively im sure.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/art/646115138.html

i myself am not too big on the lantern look but i bet if you surrounded them with roses it would look good.

Why does November 1st seem sooooooooo far away?????

melluvrob Posts : 14 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: May 16, 2008 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: ChiBride08

Here is a creative way to incorporate candles and flowers. You could place purple and red flowers and wrap them around the bases of the candle vases. I would alternate the flowers purple and then red and inbetween them to connect them to the bottoms use silver flower wire and string crystals on to the wire. It will make your tables look elegant and have that warm glow of candle light.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine