August 2008 Brides!!!

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 482

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Re: August 2008 Brides!!!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

I can't believe how fast time flies when you are planning a wedding! For awhile there was some "down time" where it seemed calm but we are back to hectic again. We finally got our invitations ordered. I brought one I liked the design but wanted to change some things to Kinkos and they look great! I ordered most everything else online (except the rsvp cards, my fabulous MOH/sister designed on her computer and I had printed at kinkos also). The big envelopes came in on Friday, so we are finalizing the guest list and addresses and titles (dr.'s and military titles are driving me crazy!) and I'm writing addresses this week. The rsvp envelopes and rehearsal dinner invites are supposed to come in early this week, so hopefully we will have everything sent out before the 1st of May! Did you guys get special stamps or anything? I ordered a stamp for the return address and the rsvp envelope, then we ordered a seal and wax for the outside. That will be fun to do with FH when it comes in, hopefully soon! He was excited about the wax seal, which is good!

My BM dresses came in last week! They are sooo pretty, at least from the pictures. They were sent to my mom's house so she can do all the alterations the night after the shower, so I haven't seen them yet. We ordered them from netbride.com for about $100 off each dress from the in store prices. I'm glad everything worked out!

For flowers, we are doing hydrangeas and roses. My BM dresses are all navy and my MOH has a pink sash. The hydrangeas will be blue with pink roses. I'm carrying white/light pink hydrangeas and pale pink roses with stephanotis. I'm deciding if I just want roses though. We signed the florist contract 2 weeks ago, so I'm excited about that.

Only thing left is the photographer. I found one I LOVE last night and called and emailed them. Hopefully they will get back with me today with prices and we can book it! That's all for now I suppose, just keeping busy with all the little things now!

llama.jjammies 

HamiltonBride Posts : 140 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

We're doing hydrangeas too!! So exciting, I swear this is why I picked August! I'm meeting with the florist and the decorator on Thursday so maybe I'll have something to report back then?!

Navy sounds lovely, I bet your girls will be beautiful! 

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: HamiltonBride

Oh, and we finally registered a week ago - it's hard work! And now when I go to make changes it tells me that there are exactly 117 days until the wedding and it freaks me out!

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Oh yeah, time has been flying by!  It almost seems like there isn't enough time to get everything done before the wedding, but I know that there will be.

Things really are falling into place for you!  Congrats!  I want to use stamps for the return address on our invitations, but am not sure where to get them.  Where did you get yours?  I think you can order some at OfficeMax, but I haven't looked into it yet.  I have the day off today so maybe I'll go do that. ;)

Your BM dresses and flowers sound lovely!  Hydrangeas are gorgeous!  What is "stephanotis" though?  Maybe I'm just a little flower illiterate...?  Haha!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: HamiltonBride

I agree - registering is hard work!  We registered about a month ago, but I am still adding, deleting, and chaning items all the time.  We're just about finished with ours though, thank goodness!

Where did you register?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

We registered what seems to be forever ago, in Sept/Oct last year! We are registered at William Sonoma, Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. My mom isn't letting us look at the registries any more (shower invites have already been sent and people are buying!!! how fun!) so we can be surprised with what we get. I like surprises so I like the idea. I just had her update some things last night.

Stephanotis is a traditional wedding flower. They are white and shaped like stars. Florists normally put rhinestones or something in the centers I think. I LOVE them though.

I searched "address stamp" in google and researched prices. I ended up ordering from www.stamp-connection.com I wanted just a normal address stamp. If you search on google there are a ton of fun shaped ones, if you want that. I think we might get one for the thank you's with our address, once we know where we will be then! We most likely will be moving right around the time of the wedding! AHH!

llama.jjammies 

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

We're registering at The Bay and Home Outfitters - they're both major Canadian stores. Honestly, they're registry set up kinda sucks but I am averse to registering at a bunch of places and they are national so, whatever.

No problem with others registering at more than one or two places, I just really don't want to. My problem is that even though The Bay and Home Outfitters are basically the same company (HO is owned by The Bay) their registries don't really link up and you can't change things online yourself, you have to email a consultant to do it and, at least for us, it takes like three emails to get anything done! So inefficient. Also, online you can shop but guests can't see what they're buying. FH and I had a little laugh though about how 'this is 2008!! their website should be better!!'  

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: HamiltonBride

I registered through WeddingChannel.com at Macy's and Wm. Sonoma and Crate and Barrel. I liked that they would make a donation to a charity if items were purchased going through their website. But geez! It took forever to look through stuff and register! I alo did a quick website so friends and relatives could get info on hotels and stuff.

I think I'm using Gerbera Daisies, as well as roses. They are so cheerful looking!

ninaw Posts : 42 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

OMG! I was looking for an August thread. I am so glad I finally found this one. It is great to talk to people who are on the same time frame that I am for planning.

"And now these 3 remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE"

Soon2bMrsL898 Posts : 64 Registered: 7/15/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: ninaw

I agree time seems to just go by so fast, It is May already, I have all invitations printed just have to address them and mail, I worked on our budget yesterday and we find out that we are about $800 over our planned budget, but oh well it's all worth it. I wish everyone well and just stay don't stress, it will all fall into place.

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsL898

No kidding! Tomorrow it will be just 3 months away and I am sooo excited I want it to be now. :D I actually had a dream last night that all the sudden it was August, and I didn't have a hairdresser or shoes or a song list to the DJ yet or ANY RSVP cards....and I woke up panicked. ha!
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: May 1, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: butterflybride08

Finally received all invitation stuff in the mail! woohoo! I have all envelopes addressed, just have to stuff them tonight. FH  and I went at lunch and bought forever stamps for the rsvp's, they look funny (liberty bells) on my pink with light pink polka dot envelopes, but oh well, at least they will make it back to my parents house and no one will have to pay shipping. Tonight and tomorrow we are going to put everything together and do real wax seals! We are very excited. Then we are going to take them all to the Post Office and hope that they can stamp them instead of buying random stamps and applying them all. Has anyone done that?

Next weekend is our shower! I know, kind of early but whatever. It was the only weekend that most people could do it without vacations or graduations. We are getting very excited. It's an all girls shower but him and the guys are going to the air show that day (my dad is a Colonel at the base), then we are going to have a big cook out at night with everyone. It should be fun!

hulabride08 Posts : 270 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: May 2, 2008 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Yay, 3 months from today= Wedding Day!!!  Hello to all the August brides...it's been forever since I've posted in here.  No major stuff done, just getting the little things together.  Yesterday, I finished making all of the favors- real starfish magnets.  I bought starfish in bulk and small magnets from oriental trading company and hot glued the magnets on the back...and then sprayed them all with glitter!  They turned out sooooo cute:).  Plus, I made my cardbox too.  All the BM gifts are bought.  And in the next week or two, I'll be assembling all of my invites to get them out later this month!  I made them all from scratch-the pockect folder kind. 

Mrs. Hills, I don't think your shower is too soon...plus, as you said its when everyone can make it.  Summer months are hard to get everyone together.  Just a warning to all of you too-I recieved an email yesterday saying that Linens n Things will be filing for BANKRUPTCY!  So if you have a registry there...you might want to adjust/reconsider that.  I have one, so not sure what to do about it!  Maybe leave some things on it for the shower only since that's just around the corner?  Anyone else hear about this?  I called there headquarters, and they couldn't say much...since it's not OFFICIAL yet. 

Hope all your planning is going well!!!

Can't wait til my Honey Pot is my Husband!!!

Posted: May 2, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: hulabride08

woohooo 3 months to go!!!! Makes me nervous but mostly excited. I just ordered what hopefully will be my wedding shoes. I ordered from zappos and they were too small, so am returning and get a 1/2 size up. Hopefully they will be perfect. I wanted blue shoes to be my something blue, but ended up finding a blue strapless bra!!! My dress is a corset back and pretty thick so the blue won't show through. I found it on sale at Macy's for $9.99!!! I can't believe it. Now I just have to find undies to match and I think I'm going to embroider our wedding date and initials on them or at least something.

I didn't hear about Linen's and Things, wow! I would say leave some stuff there but maybe register at like Bed Bath and Beyond and get similar stuff.

Your favors sound cute! I love just getting things done. That makes me feel like I'm a little organized, haha. What does your cardbox look like? I need to make one of those too.

karma898 Posts : 69 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: May 3, 2008 3:53 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

It's less than 100 days to go!!  I'm so excited!  We've sent out our invites and are slowly getting replies, all the waiting is definitely not fun.  I'm still waiting for my bridesmaids to pick up their dresses even though the dresses have been in since the beginning of March.  Are the little details starting to drive anyone else crazy?  It just seems like everything big is done but there are so many little details to worry about.

karma898

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine