Time to vent....

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 396

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: Time to vent....
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: JAllen

Hey there everyone!!  My wedding is October 4th 2008 and I'd love to lose some weight before the big day.  Right now my dress is a bit tight so I HAVE to lose the weight before the wedding.  I feel like I should be on that show Bulging Brides only it's not 6 weeks before my wedding.  It would be nice to start a fitness program again when I get over being sick.  Another book I can recommend to any carb addicts is Carbohydrate Addicts.  Basically your snacks and 2 of your meals are protein based and 1 meal is a mix of one third carbs, one third protein, one third veggie and a side salad.  You can have seconds but you must have equal portions.  My goal is to lose at least 30lbs by the wedding but I have about 100 lbs to lose all together.
When is my wedding

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Welcome Amy! I would love to be on Bulging Brides! I just wish I could afford a trainer to kick my ass because I am too easy on myself!  Good Luck and thanks for the info on the book!

http://mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

Megannon Posts : 37 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

welcome amy!!! you can lose it no problem! You just need the drive thats all, I know thats what im lacking....

Ok so at my old high school they got a new fitness room and its open to the public from 6-9 on weekdays, and I just told my work I can only work tuesdays and fridays (because my schooling is much more important right now) so on the other days if I dont have a huge test to study for ill go in and work out! im really excited expecially since I talked my mom into going with me!!!

PS I might even try that treadmill im dreading :)

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

Hey ladies. I just recently came home from my wedding. I posted a thread with some pictures under the wedding dress forum. The post is called "just married in the Dominican".

I've been eating so horribly since getting home.I worked so hard before I left, and deprived myself of so many foods that I started dreaming about food. I think I need to get back to the gym and start eating healthier again, because I went a little overboard with the junk food this week.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Good luck with wedding planning.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Meg: Good luck with your new schedule!  Thats great that you'll be able to fit in some workout time! 

Celiny! Welcome back you old married woman! lol  I gotta go check out your photos!!  Did everything go ok?  Just get back into your routine and you should be good!!  Good Luck!!

Soon2BBrand Posts : 53 Registered: 8/28/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: JAllen

Hi ladies!!  Sorry that it has been so long! 

Ok, so Celiny congrats ON YOUR wedding, I'm glad that you are married...how do you feel?  How was your honeymoon, glad that you had a good time!!  I know how you feel about doing bad, when we were on our honeymoon I ate and DRANK so much, it was horrible, I gained 3 pounds, but....

the good news is, I've lost those 3 pounds PLUS 1 so I am pretty happy about that, I am back on track with my eating AND I have even started working out!!  I'm pretty excited...nothing hard, just walking.  Last night I walked 2 miles!  I am hoping to go tonight but it's supposed to rain, I hope it doesn't I felt great last night after walking!!

Glad everyone is doing well!!!

I can't wait to be a wife!!!

Counting down til the day, March 8, 2008

DaisypathWedding Ticker" alt="" width="28" height="30" align="middle">

DPandME Posts : 24 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BBrand

Hello everyone! I'm joining this thread if that's ok with you all. My wedding is April 2009 and i'm trying to lose about 15-20 pounds. I'm 5'5 and weigh about 145 right now. 15-20 sounds like a lot but I'm really more interested in the inches than the pounds. So if i get the inches without the pounds that would be TOTALLY fine with me!

I've started going to the gym and hoping to get more motivated as I keep doing it. I'm currently trying for 30 minutes on the eliptical at least 3 times a week if not more. I've only really started to do this so no results yet. I'm hoping to see some quickly though b/c I will admit I'm not very patient. I've never in my whole life had to "try" to lose weight. I dont know if it's that I'm older now and my metabolism has slowed, or what the reasons may be.

I try to do a simple but low cal breakfast. Multi Grain total w/ 1% milk. Lunch i try for a salad w/ good stuff (ie tomatos, cucumber, mushrooms, turkey breast with lite dressing) then for dinner either another can of soup (Campbell's Selects usually pretty low cal.. for the whole can!) or a piece of grilled chicken or fish and a can of veggies. Then for snacks either some fresh fruit or veggies.

I did lose an initial 4 pounds just with the drastic diet change (I love me some fast food!) then i seemed to kind of stay put. Then with a few too many "cheats" i pretty much am back to where I started. But now I am keeping an excel spreadsheet of everything I eat and try to get the correct calorie numbers from caloriecounter.com to hold myself accountable, but not beat myself up when I do cheat.

How long did it take everyone with diet and exercise to see results?

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 1:40 AM Go to message in response to: DPandME

Welcome DP!!! Truthfully with me I CAN NOT count calories because that throws me off, I dont know why! Instead of worrying about what is the cals I worry about what food groups its in and if it is really healthy. I have been exercising a lot lately and have dropped 4 lbs in a month, which is a lot for me. The best thing for me is to eat a lot of fiber, its helps go through your tract easier, not stick and become lots o fat. hope this was a bit helpful.

Soon2BBrand Posts : 53 Registered: 8/28/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: Megannon

Welcome DP I count calories too....or well try, I have not been as good about ti lately, I was keeping it on a calorie counting website...but I've kinda gotten out of it....can you tell me how you made your spreadsheet cause that sounds like a really easy way to keep track....did you do it so they automatically tally?  I'm going to try and figure that out...

I started seeing results imediatly just from counting calories, but now I'm kinda stuck, I've started walking at night, but I think I'm going to have to pick it up...I'm a little down cause I felt like I was doing great but the weight is still the same :( 

have a good day everyone!

I can't wait to be a wife!!!

Counting down til the day, March 8, 2008

DaisypathWedding Ticker" alt="" width="28" height="30" align="middle">

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BBrand

Welcome DP!  Well, I'm not much help because I haven't lost anything!  Not even inches.  I watch what I eat constantly, and I started running, I run like 12-16 miles aweek, and NOTHING!  I get so frustrated!  I know I need to start doing weights again, and mixing it up, and really kicking my butt. I'm just too easy on myself!  I try to count calories for like a day, and thats it.  I document my workouts in a calender for maybe a week, then quite.  It sucks, I suck! haha  Oh well, I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and adding stuff to it, and hopefully I'll lose!  We just booked our Honeymoon to Cancun lastnight and I want to look good in my swim suit!!

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BBrand

yeah sometimes i just get a little carried away. Send me a message if you'd like some more info on how I do it. So went to the gym today for another 35 minutes on the eliptical. woohoo! Hoping i will really start to see some results by this time next week.

Here's to hoping!!

Message was edited by: DPandME

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: DPandME

Boy have been bad!!  Ok, well, maybe that is a dramatization! haha  I went to my running class last Tuesday, Wednesday I was busy, Thursdays class was cancelled, choir concert Friday, Sat and Sun, just lazy.  So yeah, I didn't run all week!!!  What a LARD! lol  But I got on my treadmill lastnight and did 2 miles.  Not enough, but some.  Tonight I have class so I should get in about 4 miles, if I have time I'll try to squeeze in more.  This week I am going to work hard to get caught up.  Still no weightloss to report, unfortunately.

Posted: May 2, 2008 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: JAllen

Ive been bad this week too... must be going around! lol I went to the gym only once and that was on Tuesday. I did the treadmill which i'm not used to doing and it totally killed my legs. I heard that with cardio for weight loss is to change it up so that was my attempt i guess. Well i paid for it the next day. and today was so cold (we're getting a snow storm in MAY!!). But i plan to go all weekend and maybe go back to my eliptical. I dont see any weight loss yet still but my friend said my legs looked smaller today in my jeans. I dont know if she was BSing me or if it was true but I'll TAKE IT!

Found a work out plan today I might try. Some of the exercises I dont understand really and theres's no video, but the cardo and ab toning stuff I can get down with. Check this out...

WEEK 1
Make a 20-minute iPod playlist and do a different cardio activity (treadmill sprints, jumping rope, running on a trampoline) for each song. Switching activities will keep any one group of muscles from bulking up. “You should be dripping sweat and taking very few breaks,” she advises.
Get crunching! Do these three moves on a mat:
1. Lie flat on back, legs straight, then bend legs and pull to chest, feeling exertion in abs (50 reps).
2. With legs at 90-degree angle, do 50 crunches.
3. Lie with legs straight, feet apart. As you slightly lift one foot, crunch straight up and down; return foot to floor and lift the other while crunching. Do 60 times, each side.
Tone Do 100 reps each, or 200 for moves that alternate sides:
1. With feet shoulder-width apart, hold arms out in a T and rotate palms from -facing floor to ceiling.
2. In same stance, bend one wrist and pull across body, arm straight, in a smacking motion across your body. Alternate arms.
3. Then, with arms straight behind you, palms to-gether, snap your wrists from side to side.
4. Hold a 3-pound weight above your head with elbow bent at a 90-degree angle. Then lift weight straight over head. Do all reps on one side, then switch arms.
5. With weight in hand, hold one arm out in a T, bend at elbow to cover eyes, then straighten, keeping arm lifted. Do all reps on one arm; switch.
6. Do grand pliés: Stand with feet -shoulder-width apart, toes pointing out. With hands on hips and back straight, slowly bend knees until thighs are parallel to floor.
WEEKS 2–6
Increase cardio 10 minutes each week, so by week six, you’re up to 60 minutes daily, plus toning exercises.

Posted: May 5, 2008 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: DPandME

Ive been doing some pilates lately with my mom and we love doing the exercises on the ball its soo fun! we are both really bad at balancing and we fall alot and laugh. how is everyone doing? getting closer for some of your weddings huh??

ok I have a question. My FSIL is really rude. She is 23 (older than my FH) and acts like she is 10. I know I have to have her in the wedding party, however she just really pushes my buttons. She is sooo rude to my FH AND his parents!!! she gets whatever she wants, and gets pissed when she doesnt. for example, when she comes into town her parents pay for her gas (it only takes her 45 mins to get there but they fill her tank) but my FH goes out of his way to get me every sunday morning and it will take him 1 hour to get to church. one day at lunch he asked for the gas card (which he never gets but he tried anyway) and his sister goes "how old are you bryan!! you can pay your own gas" then takes out the parents gas card and gives it over to them!! UGH she drives me nuts. she is sooo mean and talks so much crap about everyone and then i tell her thats not nice and she just gives me dirty looks. I know she shouldnt get under my skin but she does. Then she tells me they (the parents) are paying for all of her schooling, and I know they gave bryan nothing. UGHHH just need to vent guys sooo frusterated. 

Posted: May 12, 2008 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: Megannon

DPandME, that looks like a good workout!  I printed it out, I'm going to try it.  Did you try it?  What did you think?

Megan, that sounds awful!  I'm sorry you have to deal with her, she sounds like a spoiled brat!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine