June 2008 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,872

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Re: June 2008 Brides
Posted: May 1, 2008 2:32 AM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Hello all-

I finally got the dresses for my little flower girls. i decided to get one more for my little niece who will 13 months at the weeding so i can have her in all the pictures with the flower-girls. im calling her my "honorary flower-girl" 

I also finally found a tiara/headpiece today that i liked so i bought that. very excited.

I also bought all the BMs a bracelet and earrings.

My next order of business is the champagne flutes and serving sets. any suggestions? preferably some that can be engraved.

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

MrsER08 Posts : 20 Registered: 5/12/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 6:17 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Future MrsNajar~ I bought my flutes at Bed Bath and Beyond and I am taking them to Things Remembered to have them engraved.  I was told there is a ten dollar charge for bringing an outside item in but I am going to have to pay it since I already purchased the flutes and I love them. 

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 7:40 AM Go to message in response to: MrsER08

Hey girls! I haven't been on in a while...and by while I mean like...a day or two lol. I have been busy with finals and working. So far...I'm pretty happy with my grades!

As far as updos go I'm looking for something curly and pinned back. (oh...and for who asked, for your hair trial, I'd take your tiara and veil) I'll try and look for a pic...but if anyone has any, great!

Oh my gosh...I didn't even think about that now I'm getting married "next month"...holy crap!!! Weird!!! (but SUPER exciting!)

Chels: I'm so glad you got a new laptop! YAY!! Especially since we will all be freaking out for the next 50 some days!

Well girls...I have to go pack up my room and move back into my parents house today. Have a good day everyone!

MelissaSmile

FutureMrsRLee Posts : 64 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

Melissa-I think when I just read your post I almost had a panic attack!  I can't believe we are getting married next month!  Wow, time has so flown by.

Congrats to everyone on here that is keeping it together and getting things accomplished!  I feel like I still have a million things to do and I keep telling myself to get organized and make a list, but it stresses me out when I think I need to do that.  So, all our invitations are out, still need to send out a few more to some of my friends at work, but that's about it.  The major things left for us to do is meet with the reverend and go over exactly what will be said at the wedding.  He gave us a few sample ceremonies to pick from. My dad still needs his tux, I still need to find jewelry and go for my first fitting (doing that this weekend).

So, my bridal shower is set for June 8th and the bachlorette party is June 14th (the weekend before the wedding).  I am a little nervous about having it that weekend b/c I hope I will have plenty of time to recover,lol.

So, I may have already asked yall this, but what is everyone doing for their first dance?

www.mywedding.com/laraandlee

Posted: May 1, 2008 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsRLee

FutureMrsRLee - our first dance is "Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine :) What is yours?

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My first dance is 'At Last' by Etta James....LOVE IT!

JUNE 14th IS COMING SOOOO FAST!  June itself is coming fast!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Posted: May 1, 2008 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Our First Dance is "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.  It is one of my favorite songs and I love Tim McGraw.  FH surprised me and bought tickets to his concert on June 13th.  I am so excited.  

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsER08

My first dance is Fly Me to the Moon ... Frank Sinatra. FH and I are doing a fox trot for our first dance and we both liked that song because we could hear the beat. We finally have a routine and we are doing so well! I was excited because we finally felt ready for an audience last week.

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

Posted: May 1, 2008 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

FH and I are dancing to Beauty and the Beast, the instrumental version. He popped the question at Disney World while that song was playiing and since we are going back for our honeymoon we thought it would be appropriate! We are gonna learn a dance for it to make it extra special. Excited! :)

MelissaSmile

FutureMrsRLee Posts : 64 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

Thanks for posting your songs ladies!  I was hoping it would get my creative juices flowing.  We actually haven't decided on a song yet.  There are few I have contemplated: By Your Side by Jade, Faithfully by Journey (we're both big Journey fans).  However, I went to a Jason Aldeen concert last night and I really liked a few of his songs, so its still kinda up in the air.  I really want something romantic, but not too cheesy, at the same time, make you cry!

FAVORS!  I am so excited b/c I just found out my mom has a friend that used to a wedding coordinator and she can get me all my favors at COST!  Yay!  What a huge stress reliever, I was worried I was going to have to make them and I barely have time to plan as it is. 

Anyone else want to post their first dance song that we haven't heard from?  Does everyone have their favors squared away?

www.mywedding.com/laraandlee

Warrengirl Posts : 109 Registered: 1/27/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsRLee

Our first dance song is going to be Tim McGraw's My Best Friend. I also love him. I would go crazy if I had tickets to go see him. 

We are doing a candy buffet for our favors. We are using take-out boxes with stickers on them that say our names and "Love is Sweet". We have all different kinds of candy. My FML has a membership to Sam's Club so she got us all of our candy at half as much as I found online. I'm excited. 

"

Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain"

Dave Matthews

http://wendyandstevenswedding.brides.com

simone021 Posts : 124 Registered: 1/5/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

The only song that FH and I really would like for our first song right now is "Like Lovers Do" by Heather Nova. If you guys look up that song, it's not exactly a typical wedding song though. It's not even really much of a slow song, but we both really like it. during the bridge, we thought about having the DJ inviting others to come out and dance the rest of the song with us. We also like Straylight Run's "Existentialism on Prom Night" and Dave Mathews Band's "Crash." We're also considering taking some classes to learn a routine... Let's just say we haven't exactly squared away much of our music at all.

Our favors will be Chinese take out boxes with a couple of fortune cookies inside. The boxes will be tied with ribbon and have a tag with our monogram on them. We're also giving out fans and umbrellas at the ceremony.

Posted: May 2, 2008 7:38 AM Go to message in response to: simone021

As far as favors go, we are also doing a candy buffet. It saves us some money, looks colorful and pretty, and kids love it! So that is what we went for.

My fellow June 21st's.....we are at 50 days!!!! Can you believe it?!
Sorry, I had to throw that in there! Have a good day all!

MelissaSmile

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: May 2, 2008 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

I Haven't posted in a while I guess you could say I have been a little busy lately as I know you all have also.  Our first dance was going to be to Keith Urban's " making memories of us" but Fh really doesn't like country to much so we changed it to savage garden's "truly, madly, deeply.  And as for our favors go we are just filling little clear boxes that say love in a darker frost all over them with red candy..........easy.  
a xhref="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" mce_href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: May 2, 2008 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

We are having sugar cookies in the shape of an "R" made and put into little clear bags as our favors.  I also am having the same person do the grooms cake.  FH is a baseball coach at a local high school.  The grooms cake is going to be a baseball field and the players will be wearing tuxes. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine