E-Ring turning finger GREEN!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

pinkwed09 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/12/07
E-Ring turning finger GREEN!
Posted: May 1, 2008 8:42 AM

Has this happened to anyone else? My e-ring turns my finger green! Now, I know its not just this ring, cause it has done this to my finger with almost any gold ring I wear, but i'm just wondering if there anything I can do? It wipes off easily but I just dont want to be rubbing green off my finger all the time! Anny suggestions would really be helpful! TIA!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: E-Ring turning finger GREEN!
Posted: May 1, 2008 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: pinkwed09

you can put clear nail polish on the inside of it.....maybe you're allergic to it though? Certain jewlery gives me a rash...

Formerly Ama102707

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: pinkwed09

Happens to my sis because she's allergic to yellow gold.....white gold and silver are ok for her.....

http://www.mywedding.com/caryandmike/

DCTexan Posts : 170 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Yeah, this happens to me when I wear gold too.  It means that you are allergic to the nickel that is in it.  One solution, as PP said, is to coat the ring in clear nail polish.  You basically just want a barrier between your skin and the ring. 

Just be glad that the reaction isn't worse.  Sometimes if I'm really allergic to it, I'll break out in a rash in the shape of the piece of jewelry.  Really not attractive.

ninaw Posts : 42 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: pinkwed09

Typically this happens due to a lack of iron in a person's diet. It happens to my mom and me too. Try to eat more foods with iron or take iron pills it might help a bit.

If that doesn't help then you are probaly allergic to the yellow gold.

"And now these 3 remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE"

Message was edited by: ninaw

seadreamer Posts : 522 Registered: 6/8/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: ninaw

It happens to me when I have too much acid in my system (Orange juice, lemons, limes etc.)  Iron levels do it as well.

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: seadreamer

If it just rubs off easily, it's probably not an allergic reaction, just a chemical reaction. Just most people also associate it as an allergic reaction.  Which it kind of is, because your body just doesn't mix with whatever material is part of your ring (most likely the nickel, it's the most common) and you have a reaction.  Definitely a clear coat of nail polish will fix it like PPs have said.

I'm allergic to some fake metals, Don't know what really cuz it happens sometimes and doesn't other times.  But I break out in a rash so I have to be careful when buying jewelry...and that means FH can't skimp out on it either.  My e-ring is platinum. 

So in the future, like when you're getting your wedding band, make sure you don't have a reaction to it before you walk out of the store.

**I love him like a fat kid loves cake**  Kiss

**It just hit me that in 4 months, I will become the Mrs. to my Mr.**

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:10 PM Go to message in response to: pinkwed09

Do you wear liquid foundation that might get on your hands?  Gold will react with some liquid make up and cause grayish spots... not sure about green.  (I know this because I used to have a flute with a gold lip plate and it would always turn my chin gray with liquid foundation!)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine