July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I totally hear you on it feeling like a family reunion Ranaway. It feels like I'm organizing one too. My family is Italian and scattered all over the place. We don't get to see each other all that often, so anytime something like this comes up, they all show up!

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

I agree with you ladies.  My anxiety level is extremely high these days.  I haven't been getting anything done b/c I get so overwhelmed that I just get stuck.  I'm trying to get my invites out this weekend but, I'm still missing addresses and haven't started printing them yet!Frown

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

I know what you mean about the invites, Noviesita. lol. I have them ALL over my living room, sorted by what they still need. haha. I'm thinking I'm gonna ask FH if he'll print a bunch of stuff out for me tomorrow so I can stuff envelopes when I get home. But we'll see. :)

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

I wouldn't say I'm overly anxious, but I'm definitely an emotional mess!  FH has caught me twice in two days...
First, I was flipping channels on TV on Monday and watched the LAST TEN MINUTES of "Monster in Law."  I don't think the movie is actually any good...but I teared up anyway.

And this one is even worse.  Yesterday I was watching TV (again) and a Mother's Day jewelry commercial came on.  The kids gave their mom a bunch of silly stuff, and she wasn't expecting something nice, but then they gave her a journey pendant. I have NO IDEA why my eyes started to water.  FH looks at me and just says, "YOU'RE A MESS!"

Oh, the joys of wedding planning...

triplej Posts : 92 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am pretty stressed myself! I have a ton going on right now on top of the wedding and FH is graduating with his masters on sunday and looking for a job back home in Indiana (we live in Georgia right now) so we don't even know where we will be in a month or two!! I am trying to get my showers and everything planned but have no idea where I will be! So stressful! 

But my good news is that my dress came in yesterday (it wasn't supposed to be until May 24th)!! And I just so happen to be driving home this weekend for my brother's wedding and hoping that they can have the lady for alterations come in the 1 hour window  of time that I have! AHH!! I don't think I will be able to focus if I know that my dress is sitting there and I won't be able to try it on!  

Jamie : )

July 12, 2008 is the day I marry my everything!

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: triplej

I would imagine that all Office Max's would use the same pricing system. I don't know about envelopes - I bought mine at a stationery store. Not that they cost that much - I think I paid $18. I must admit, the invitations have turned into quite a deal!

I hear ya on the anxiety, though. I pat myself on the back every time I get stuff done, but then I want to cry when I realize I still have a ton to do!!! 

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

So here are 2 gripes that I have about this whole wedding business:

First, for those of you not planning a beach wedding, doesn't it get annoying you look up decorating tips only to find that the only summer decor they have are seashells and starfish? Yes, I'm getting married in July but that does not mean that it's a beach themed wedding.

Second, addressing the invitations. I am left-handed. This means that my handwriting changes once in awhile-I don't know why, but other lefties I have talked to say the same thing. The other thing about being a lefty that sucks is that I tend to drag my hand through everything that I write. So there are usually big smear marks on my paper and ink all over the side of my hand. Aargh! It's not, unfortunately, in our budget to hire someone to address them, so I'm going to have to give my sister a call. Lol, she's a righty and has none of these issues.

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

2bmrswarner - yeah, that does suck. Both my brother and sister are lefties, and I know what it's like for them.

My gripe is how our guest list continues to grow, even though we're at less than 3 months out. I love my FILs, but they're the kind of people who want to invite others with a very tenuous connection. Right now it's the mom of some attendents. In the end it's not a big deal, b/c they're paying, but at the same time, I just feel like a wedding should be people we actually know. Oh well.

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Hi Everybody!! I'm new to the Forum.... just been on a few days! :) just found the JULY 2008 Thread today!!   I'm getting married July 05th 2008!! 2 Months 4 Days to go!!! Yay!!

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

Posted: May 1, 2008 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

Ahhh i totally feel you 2BMrs. Warner, about the beach stuff... i think a beach wedding would be great don't get me wrong beautiful even but we have no beaches and NO money to travel sooooo... i would like to see more of some other options! Wink

Also about the guest list just growing and growing!! We are 2 months away now with Invitations going out this coming Monday and FH just added 4 to 8 people depending if i decide to put here kids on the invites. CRAZINESS!!  LoL

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Hi Michelle! Welcome. I'm a July 19ther.

OK people, the RSVPs are really TRICKLING back! COME ON FOLKS SEND BACK YOUR RSVPs!  I SENT THE INVITATIONS OUT LAST WEEK for crying out loud!!! WHAT'S THE BIG DELAY!!!???

Posted: May 1, 2008 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

HaHa i could go on all day about RSVP's I don't think anyone on our geust list understands that etiquitte if my Graduation (May 09th - University of Tennessee) and Shower are any indication! I'm very worried about the Responce cards going out Monday with Invitations! I think i may never see them again... Sad. Cry

But seriously i put favor of a responce by June 11th (for July 5th wedding) and i've heard brides say IF they get cards back sometimes it's as much as TWO weeks LATE?! Whats so hard about put a number in a box and like the envelop!! LoL

Posted: May 1, 2008 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Hey Michelle-Congrats on your Graduation! That's quite an accomplishment, juggling schoolwork and wedding planning! 

Well our RSVPs have a respond by date of June 30th. If I had ordered them, I would have put May 30th or something, but FH ordered them...

I NEED a head count ASAP because I have my Aunt and FMIL coordinating the catering. I still have to meet with the Officiant and the DJ.

My FH went to rent a tux and realized that he will need me to go with him because there are so many styles. I'm GLAD he waited for me considering HIS WARDROBE status!  

Plus, I am having a black and white wedding, so I will be picking out all the guys' tuxes, too! 

Posted: May 1, 2008 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

yeah thats a good idea... FH and I went together to pick Tuxes too. Lucky for me he liked something pretty classy lol!

My Coordinater at the reception hall (who is also doing our catering) is awesome! he is so laid back and is really willing to help us out! He told us as long as he had a number like a week before ... i think thats way to close though i'm giving it to him 3 weeks out! i don't want to be dealing with head counts and nail and toes and all that week before stuff!! HaHa

the black and white sound beautiful! Oh and Congrats on having a FH that will take on BIG planning jobs like ordering invitations!Laughing

Posted: May 1, 2008 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

HA Ha! If you only knew!! My FH is so uninvolved in the wedding planning that I actually started a thread a couple of months ago wondering if other brides' FHs were being so uncooperative. It's like, all he has to do is show up! So I showed him the thread I wrote about "FH Not really Involved in Wedding Planning". He felt so bad that he offered to take the invitations job in his own hands! (after we agreed on the style)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine