Wedding Pics April 19, 2008

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

Janet81 Posts : 56 Registered: 1/11/07
Wedding Pics April 19, 2008
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:17 PM

I just got the professional pics today. My husband and I were married April 19, 2008 in So. Cal. The weather was beautiful; slightly overcast and cool. The day before was blazing hot, so the scattered clouds were very welcome! Tell me what you think!!

http://www.pictage.com/464190   The turley/nasir wedding

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Re: Wedding Pics April 19, 2008
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: Janet81

Janet, your pictures are GORGEOUS!!! You look beautiful!!!  Sounds like it was a beautiful day in Cal.  I'm also doing hydrangea and blue bridesmaids dresses, where did you get the dresses from?  

PS. Loved the cake topper! 

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Best wishes on a long and happy marriage.  Thanx for sharing your pictures.  Love that color blue.  So pretty.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

Gregslizzy Posts : 197 Registered: 6/11/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: Janet81

Congrats!  It just looks like you and all your guests had a blast! What a pretty bride you made! LOVE your shoes!!! Did you get them dyed?

Here comes the bride!!

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Janet81

Hi Janet!

Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are really nice. You looked beautiful.

Where did you have your reception? I'm planning a wedding in So.CA too.

Janet81 Posts : 56 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 12:16 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hi everyone!! Thanks for all your nice comments! My wedding was in Diamond Bar, CA at the diamond Bar community center. While beautiful, they have a lot of weird rules that were a headache for my planner, so I don't know if I would reccommend the site.

My shoes are Jessica Simpson Cesar shoes in electric blue. I bought them that color. I knew I wanted to wear blue shoes, and when I found those I thought they were perfet!! Blue is my favorite color, so it became the "theme" for our wedding.

The dresses are from David's Bridal. I really loved the bridesmaids' dresses and have even thought about buying myself one in navy blue!!

I loved our cake topper!! I am a goofy person that likes to have fun and I didn't really want any serious elements to the wedding. My husband loved the topper too! :)  The sword we cut the cake with is my uncle's marine sword. He was a career marine and took that sword on his two tours of duty in Vietnam. It's a family tradition to cut the cake with that sword, so I was really excited that he offered it to us!

The whole day was so great. It went by really fast though! I did have a terrible cold the whole day though and was sweating SO much from the cold and the weight of my dress.

Our first dance was to Jack Johnson's "Better Together" and it was so funny. We took dance lessons and practiced so we would look great on the dance floor. Well, we did our dance immediately after being introduced at the reception. No one remembered to bustle my dress first though, so we are trying to dance and I kept getting tangled up in my dress and almost tripping. Then one of my shoes fell off, so instead of putting it back on, I bent down, picked it up, and threw it across the room, followed by th 2nd shoe. The entire room broke out i laughter and applause. I also hefted my train up over my shoulder and kept dancing. It was so funny!

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: Janet81

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 8:23 AM Go to message in response to: Janet81

So pretty! I love how you wore your hair down, it looks so low-key and great:)

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

ChucksGrl0215 Posts : 407 Registered: 8/27/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Janet81

Janet your pictures look amazing and you looked beautiful. I love that you wore blue shoes...that is so cute.

www.mywedding.com/meghanandchuck

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: Janet81

I love love love the ones that are shot from one end of an ivy covered path.  Kinda hard to describe.  Sorry, it's late....urrrr, early.  You made a lovely bride. 

My only fear is that the day will fly by too.  Besides that, things are going to happen.  You just roll with it. 

Congrats again.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Thanks for sharing! You looked beautiful..I loved the blue shoes that was very cute.. the venue was very airy and open lots of fresh air I love the shots of the greenery behind you two on the path..Your pastries looked Yummy too! :) Congrats to you!

EmSer Posts : 68 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: Janet81

I love your hair! How'd you get it to stay?
When is my wedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine