Bridal Party Dance

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Bridal Party Dance
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 3:33 PM

I'm getting married Saturday and just realized, I don't know whats an appropriate Bridal Party dance song! Please help!!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

ChucksGrl0215 Posts : 407 Registered: 8/27/07
Re: Bridal Party Dance
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

Well first of all congrats on your upcoming wedding. I am also going to become a Mrs. D in 2009. You really don't have to have a bridal party dance song if you don't want to. I'm thinking about not doing one since there is going to be our first dance, 1 or 2 toasts, a prayer and father/bride and mother/groom dances. I thought it might be overkill. Another thing our dj suggested was having your bridal party join in your first dance towards the end of it.

www.mywedding.com/meghanandchuck

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

As the PP mentioned, I also think that we'll be having the Bridal Party join in towards the end of our dance.

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

I'm so not a fan of these dances.  Few people will enjoy dancing with a complete stranger and it's boring to watch as a guest.  If you don't already have it planned, skip it.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

Our song is "Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine. After that, the DJ is going to play the fast version by the Postal Service. Is there an uptempo song you like? that could get the dancing started? Maybe an oldy but goodie. The Beach Boys or a Sinatra song?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine