Average Carat Weight

Online Users: 1,372 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 120

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Average Carat Weight
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:01 AM

Because of that other post .... You all know which one. I was curious as to what the average carat weight was of a solitaire diamond was on these forums. Im sure the majority of us are very happy with our rings so I don't mean this in a bad way whatsoever. I just have never heard the national average to be "1 carat" so ... lets do our own little survey. So please list the size of your diamond and we'll take the average. 

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Re: Average Carat Weight
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:32 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

I don't know exactly how big mine is, but according to a website I found, based on the radius in mm, mine is about .5 carats.  It also has some smaller accent diamonds.  I just think its neat because all of the stones in the ring came from FH's grandmother's engagement ring!

I marry the man of my dreams 5/2/09!

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:40 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Mine is 1.11 carats. I have had it since October 2006 and I still look at it and smile! I tell my husband often how much I love it and how lucky I am. 

Lisa x 

SammiAnn Posts : 114 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

1/2 carat total weight...it's 3 small diamonds and 2 baguettes (spelling?)  I had originally wanted a solitare, but I LOVE this ring so much more.
June 7, 2008...here I come!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Hello!

I love my ring because it is very unusual. I have never seen an engagement ring like it before! My FH purchased it at Kohls on sale and with a discount for about one weeks' paycheck (not TWO MONTHS' salary-I think that standard is outrageous!) We can use the money for other important matters. I feel like I got lucky, though!

My FH (I think Meagan started a "how clueless is your man thread") picked out this ring and he really didn't know about solitaire rings and that they are supposed to later be accompanied by wedding bands!  That's why it's SO special to me. I don't know how the heck we're going to pick out a matching ring for this, though! (My ring is posted in my album profile.)

Anyways, to answer your question, my diamond ring has a one-third carat marquise center and 40 round and baguette diamonds, for a total weight of one carat.

I love the way it sparkles brilliantly-especially in supermarkets (ever notice that?) and in the sun!  

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

I don't even have a diamond.  I have a blue sapphire,maybe about 1/2 ct, with two small diamonds on either side.

It's perfect for me and I love it. 

ChiBride08 Posts : 54 Registered: 3/15/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Mine is a princess cut .5 diamond solitaire.

luckykelleyk Posts : 113 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Mine is a 1 carat princess cut solitaire. However if it were smaller I would love it just as much! 
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 
                    www.MyWedding.com/RogerandKelley 

slsjdc5 Posts : 388 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: luckykelleyk

My stone is from my Grandmother, so regardless of its size, I would love it anyway.  That being said--it is actually larger than I would have chosen had I had the chance.  It is 1.13 carats.  I had to have it cut down from 1.15 because of chips around the girdle.  It turned out beautifully.  

Had FH had to spend his own money on a stone, I would probably have had somewhere around .5 or 1/3 carat.  My mom has a 1/3 carat and it is lovely!! 

I've seen a wide range of size with all of our friends.  Anywhere from 1/5 to 2 carats!!!

I would never expect FH to starve to buy me a ring!! 

♥LLAMA JJAMMIES Tongue out

HERE'S TO LOSING MY ASS!!!  BL5 rOcKs MY sOcKs!!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

I have 3/4 carat and love it.  DH tells me he will get me a bigger stone, but I always ask him why.  

Message was edited by: futuremrsperry

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: slsjdc5

mine is 1.2 carats and I have 2 diamonds on each side so I think the total weight is 1.8.  My FH picked my ring out all by himself, he didnt want anyone to know about it or see it, and that is the thing that makes me happy.  He went out and picked what he wanted on his own ... he looked into the 4 C's by himself and picked what he loved and knew that no matter what I would love it as well.  I would not have cared what size ring I got because he bought it for me. He saved to buy me the ring without starving himself and it took a couple of months, but it is the same way we are saving to pay for our wedding and a down payment on our house ... we're having a long engagement (3 years) even though we both want to get married soon we know we want to wait to focus on priorities (him in law school, me in grad school) and saving money for our future.

triplej Posts : 92 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

I am so lucky, mine center is a 1.06 round and the band is an eternity band with diamonds underneath the center stone as well (it is a Ritani setting) I think it is 1.6ish all together. it is better than my dream ring but would have been happy with a twistie tie! :) 

Jamie : )

July 12, 2008 is the day I marry my everything!

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: triplej

Mine is 3.something, I cannot believe I forgot the exact number, but after being engaged for a while I forgot, but I still love to look at it and that is what matters. 

And I read somewhere too that the average is 1 or 1.5 something like that.  

FallenAngel516 Posts : 7 Registered: 8/5/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Mine's 1/5 carat Marquise solitaire.

It may be small, but its mine and its what we could afford at the time.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier. I'm just happy to be engaged and to be able to plan my wedding to the man of my dreams. As long as I marry him, I dont care how its done, what my ring looks like or anything like that. As long as he's the only person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with!

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: triplej

FH insisted on saving for two years to get me a 1.2 carat ring.   He's flashy and I'm not.  Although, I do love my ring.  Probably bc he actually listened to me, when I asked for a princess cut and he got it.  Also, it was probably the first time ever that he bought me something, without handing over his credit card or cash to me, so that I could go get it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine