May 2008 Brides2Be

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 235

Rebekah25May08 Posts : 99 Registered: 2/7/07
Re: May 2008 Brides2Be
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i'm going through something kinda like you ladies as well. although my MOH is my best friend and she isn't doing anything.  and on the other hand my sisters are doing so much for me.  i really don't want to say anything to my MOH because i don't want to sound selfish and i really don't want to ruin our friendship.  it just urkes me that she was so excited about it helping me in the begining and now she doesn't want to help me.  i've just decided that i don't want anyone helping me and that i'm just going to do it on my own becuase i know it will get done and it will be the way i want it to be.

so on a good note... i finished making all of my centerpieces this weekend.  SOOOooooo excited.  and today FMIL went with me to get our favors at Yankee Candle (let me tell you how much i love living in the same town were Yankee Candles are made and to get half off of them thanks to FMIL)  or i would have paid $315 dollars for them.  So tonight FH helped me put the candles and the matchbooks in their boxes.  love him... he's such a peach!!!  so other than that things are going good.  hope all is well with you ladies.  We're all getting hitched soon!!!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/pws.asp?id=JoshuaandRebekah3519444

Daisypath Ticker

i can't wait to marry my Peachy!!!

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

YAY! We're date twins. I just got way too excited about that.
I haven't been making any lists... I suppose I should. I keep saying I'm going to do that sort of stuff durring down time at work, but my downtime is really down.

love4greys & Scott2Be, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your sisters. That sucks. I'm fairly lucky so far. I actually  haven't been relying on my BMs too much... infact i have one that is coming to me and asking me how things are going to go and telling me to get it in gear and give her something to do! I love her for it. Everything I've been too lazy to plan, or not care about, I just tell her that and she's all "Okay... I can do that then". I think she's planning on planning a bridal shower, because I wasn't.

I am having some trouble with one of my hair stylists. I just posted about it in the Hair forum, I don't really feel like typing it all out again, so if you guys want, check it out there. :) Not a big deal really... but it's a bit frustrating.

Hows everyone else doing?

love4greys Posts : 396 Registered: 1/22/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a list that I have copied stuff from this website in the forums.  I'm sure there is stuff that is not on this list but at least it's a start. 

Small scissors.

White thread, black thread, color close to bridesmaid dresses also.

A few sewing needles.

Safety pins in several sizes.

Hair pins/bobby pins.

Tissues.

Aspirin / Tylenol.

Hairspray & curling iron.

Strong, wide tape (for holding down the white aisle runner if you are having one).

Double sided narrow tape (useful for temporarily holding up hems & fabric).

Pack of matches, disposable lighter.

Static guard spray.

Extra hosiery.

Nail file.

Clear nail polish, nail glue.

Make-up basics: foundation, pressed powder lipstick, mascara, makeup remover.

Umbrella.

Cell phone.

Telephone numbers for all members of your bridal party.

List of names and telephone numbers for the following services you are utilizing: Church or Ceremony site, Reception site, Florist, Tuxedo provider, Bridal Salon, Photographer, Disc Jockey/Band, Limo/transportation, Wedding Coordinator, Hair stylist, Make-up artist, Rental company, Decorator, Caterer, Cake maker, Cookie maker.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:55 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

Rebekah-Fantastic about the favors!  And what a great deal!  My FH is away on business.  He won't be back until May 1st.  So I am pretty lonley right now. 

Kica-Things with my sister have calmed down and she actually threw me a pretty awesome bachlorette party this weekend!  I was very happy.  I will post a few pics of me in all my garb.  She bought me a shirt that said This Bride Rocks.  I had a bride straw hat, bachlorette tiara with veil, penis whistle, necklaces, shot glasses, games, straws.  A whip, and a garter with a pouch to hold a small flask that people put dollar bills in while I was dancing.  It was so fun. 

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/mustangsallyogcb/AllGirlsDancin.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/mustangsallyogcb/MeandCassie.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/mustangsallyogcb/MeandSandy.jpg

Guess which picture is taken with my sister!  He He we are twins!

luckykelleyk Posts : 113 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: love4greys

Hi ladies! I haven't been around here for a while, busy with finishing up school, then went to vegas for my bachelorette party. I can't believe Im getting married in 11 days! Good luck to you all, and I hope everyone is controlling the stress :-)
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 
                    www.MyWedding.com/RogerandKelley 

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: luckykelleyk

Where are all the may brides hiding?
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: luckykelleyk

Hi! I haven't been on this thread yet... but my wedding is this May 10th! I can't believe its only 2 1/2 weeks away now. I'm trying to get everything I need together that I'll need, but I'm also in the process of moving so everything is a mess! I have two rubbermaid bins I'm filling now, one with ceremony stuff the other with reception stuff. I need to make some lists tho so I'm sure I have everything. Things I know I have left to do: assemble favors (just organza bags and candy), print out programs, oh I'm sure theres more. And I get to finally pick up my dress tomorrow night after a crazy disaster and stressful past few months with the bridal store. Hmm, so what else should I be thinking about doing in these last few weeks?

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Great idea on having two bins one for ceremony and one for reception!  Thanks!  I also feel like there is so much more that I should be doing right now but have no idea what.  Best wishes!

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: love4greys

I feel the same way!!! My wedding is next saturday and I feel like I should be much busier! What am I missing?
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: luckykelleyk

Here we are!  Congrats to all of the upcoming brides!!  May 17th here, can't wait.......woot woot!

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: Rebekah25May08

My mom got her plane ticket yesterday. I was just thinking of when she and I could fit in some pedicures... Laughing

My aunt and uncle are getting the lawn all ready for us. And I'll be meeting with them to talk about how/where things are going to occur. I sent her an email with my vision and the set up I had planned last night. And she emailed me back with better news (The divider on the back porch, that would be between the food and the tables was taken down! So now they can easily walk back and forth!) Had no complaints of my plans to take over her house for the weekend so thats good so far!

I'm still reciving packages that I ordered last week & the week before. I've got our guestbook, cake topper, beer mugs & braclets for the wedding party, and all 96 of our bubbles stickered with the personalized stickers we ordered. I think I am going to add ribbon to them as well at some time. I am expecting the table cloths to arrive on monday, and the unity candle, and gifts for our moms and flutes will be shipping tomorrow.

I had an order cancled on me, and I don't know why... but I got my money back, so I ordered a personalized tote bag, that I've wanted for two years! Also will be getting my flower girl a 1/10 caret diamond braclet. Sounds fancy, it's REALLY pretty... but is $19.00 at Walmart. It probably won't fit her for a while, but at least she can grow into it, instead of growing out of a childs braclet. And a photo frame/clock/pen holder for FFIL will be ordered. I expect him to put it on his desk at work (which is school... so he can show off his son!)

FH Grandma is making our centerpieces for us. They are driving over from Florida (making a big road trip out of it) and she wanted something to do. Our centerpieces are very easy to do while sitting in the car.

I have some concerns with my vows... my most helpful BM's will be done with school May 1st and says she's all mine after that and will be helping me, even more than she has done durring school. I can't wait! I'm not as stressed as I should be I think. Until I start going "okay... one income, and a LOT of money to be spent right before the wedding, and rent is usually taken out of that paycheck. Perhaps I'll do my best to save some out of my next paycheck so there isn't as much taken out of the paycheck right before the wedding. (Spendings; Food, Pure Romance Bachlorette Party, Rehersal Dinner meal, Pedicures with mom... I have to remind myself that we are expecting some cash to come in durring the wedding. Via gifts (my grandma SAID she'd be giving us cash) and we are hosting a show of local bands and that has a cover if you are not related to the bride & groom somehow.)

Congrats everyone! It's almost here!

http://edandjessica.brides.com

HisQueenB Posts : 94 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

May 17th BabYYY! All you girls... May is fast approaching.  Nervous?  Im sick to my stomach with all kinds of crazy nervousness! Mainly because I planned the wedding all by myself in about 5 months and Im just sooooo afraid I left something out! Its also an outside wedding at the beach and we dont have much of a backup plan if it rains. Ive been having a lot of NIGHTMARES about the wedding too and anytime I sent down to think about it, I get this tingling feeling all over... IM STRESSING MYSELF OUT!!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: HisQueenB

Hey girls!  How is everyone's weekend going?  I went garage saling with my sister today and we found a wooden archway for $20 for my outdoor wedding!  I was excited because to rent one is $100.  I have a question for your girls too, I found out that my reception hall has rectangular tables, not round ones.  My centerpieces are hydrageneas and votive candles.  Will this still look ok?  When I first booked the reception hall they said they would have round tables, now they are saying they won't have them in time for my wedding.  I just don't want things to look funny.  I also am stressing about finding a wedding present for my FH.  I was going to buy him a new set of golf clubs but he is so picky I am afraid I will buy the wrong ones.  Now I am thinking about a nice watch and getting it engraved or something.  What are you girls doing about wedding presents for FH?

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: love4greys

I think that your centerpieces will be beautiful! I wouldn't worry, Im sure they will look just fine. This time next saturday I will be married! Crazy huh? I got my fiance a very nice pen from www.cross.com engraved with "I love you" and our wedding date. I also got him some Haribo gummi bears because he is obsessed with this one kind of gummi bear that is hard to find. Haha. I also got him a very nice handmade leather case for his iphone in his favorite color "ferarri red" . I think he will like his gifts, even though they are nothing huge! 
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 

HisQueenB Posts : 94 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: love4greys

love4greys: I think your centerpieces will be just beautiful! If you look under Wedding planning General there is a post about FH gifts to give you some ideas... Im getting my FH and I tickets to Busch Gardens... I know he will enjoy it! Good luck girl!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine