June 2008 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,872

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Re: June 2008 Brides
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

OK....LOVE the dress Beauti! So pretty!!!

Congrat on the townhouse! Sounds great!

So...FH and are are going to Disney World for 7 nights. We are super excited! I have most of my new clothes for the tirp but i would like to purchase another new dress. i already have 3 but one is for going out. I am so excited!

Girls.....you June 21st ladies...we have 2 months exactly! I am so freaking out!!! I have so much to do still and I feel like there is no time. But then agian...I also feel like the wedding is never going to get here! Grr....

MelissaSmile

MrsBrock2008 Posts : 101 Registered: 10/9/06
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

MelissaJunebride, thanks for bring that to our attention. TWO MONTHS EXACTLY!!!! Yes, I'm freaking out as well.

My HH and I folded invitation Friday night, waiting on FH to give me addresses.

Started on the flavors, need to print the labels for the buckets. 

Let's see what else, Oh purchase my undergarment for under my dress, so I'm ready to have it alter.   My sister is doing that for me, I told her I needed some BOOBS added!!!!.

And I founded out yesterday my FH haven't finished picking his groomsmen.  I'm at my wit's end with him.

Beauti, you look wonderful in your dress.

C James Laughing

Message was edited by: VOW

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBrock2008

Beauti - You look AMAZING.  Your gown is gorgeous.

Thanks girls for the compliments on my serving set and flutes.  Thank you for posting that link Delta.  I actually bought mine here....

http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Glitter_Galore_Cake_Serving_Set_4.html~idProduct~3314~idCategory~15~seq~9~totRecs~24

It is called Exclusively weddings.  There are several items that match my flutes and serving set as well!

So, my aunt told me she does not want to do the rehearsal dinner...no reason just backing out after telling me 500 times that she will do whatever I want.  She has a massive house and we said we would pay for what we needed.  Anyone else out there want to scream.  I know it could be much worse but I am tired of people messing with everything.

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 12:52 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Um...I'm totally with you on the whole people backing out/being annoying/just making me mad in general!

We are still having tux issues....don't really know what to do about that anymore and I am just super frustrated. I'm just tired of all this and want everything to be settled. End of story!

On a happier note...we are sending out the invites to our college friends this week to save on postage lol. So that is exciting for us! I hope everyone else's plans are coming along and hopefully with as little stress as possible!

Our tickers say "1 month X days" ladies!!!! Who's excited lol?? Last night I couldn't sleep and just layed in bed thinking "I will be doing this 2 months from today!" B/c you all know that none of us are gonna be able to sleep the night before lol. Well...I hope I can...but if I'm already like this at 2 months (oops, less now :) ) then what am I gonna be like the night before???

MelissaSmile

FutureMrsRLee Posts : 64 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

Another June 21st bride here and I am starting to feel the pressure.  We are just now sending out our invitations this week and we realized that we don't have enough! So thankfully we made them ourselves, so all we have to do is buy some more and print them out.  UGH!  I just want to get them in the mail!

Beauti-I know you have already gotten a thousand compliments, but I really do love your dress. I am with you on the fear of "dress regret".. I had the same fear considering I have 2 other friends getting married this year, but thankfully I tried on my dress last week and I still love it!!!

As far as the honeymoon we are going to Riviera Maya in Mexico for 6 nights!! I am so excited!  My FH and I have paid for the trip ourselves which we are very proud of. Oh, btw the way, Beauti, thanks for the tip on Goody's.  I have been stressing about what I am going to wear on the honeymoon, so I'll go check them out.

So, we still need to find my dad a tux, I know its crazy.  I tried to get him to get fitted for one while he was here, but he didn't want to b/c he wants to lose some more weight! All of our groomsmen are wearing their dress blues since they are all in the Air Force, my FH is wearing his mess dress.  We still need to order favors, i.e. napkins, etc.  AHH, I am such a procrastinator!

www.mywedding.com/laraandlee

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 11:44 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsRLee

hoooooly crap. This ticker is about to send me into a panic attack. 1 month and 29 days. What am I gonna do when there are just DAYS left???

Thanks again for the compliments everybody.

Tuxes...ugh. When I got fitted another groomsmen just happened to show up the same time I did. When i glanced over the men's list he was the FOURTH out of SEVEN  to get fitted for the damn tux. There are three guys still out there that act like the wedding is June 2009. The cut off date is next wednesday (the 30th). I'm washing my hands of it. If they can't get it together, then they can just have a seat in the audience. I don't even care anymore. My FH and our dads have theirs and those are the only ones that are important to me. I have my dress and my girls are batting 1000. I dont' know why the men can't pull it together.

i still have to look for napkins and get in gear for the move. I PROMISE myself to start this weekend.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

SCbride Posts : 95 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Beauti- I totally agre with you on the whole tux situation! I feel the same way. My FH has been fitted for his and so has my dad. So I have decided not to worry about the other two guys. I have my dress and all the girls have their dresses! The "best man" which is a girl also has her dress. So I am not going to stress over the other two guys!!!

All the little things that I have to do are stressing me out. I need to pick out invitations for the bridesmaids brunch we are having the morning of the wedding. I need to work on the programs. I need to figure out what we are doing when we leave the reception...bubbles, petals??? What is everyone else doing? I still need to buy gifts for my girls and we need to get gifts for the guys. I know what I am going to get FH but I need to work on getting it. I also need to write a thank you note to go in the welcome bags at the hotel. AAAHHHHHHHHH! I am starting to stress!!

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: SCbride

Gregslizzy (and any others who missed me!): I'm back!

I apologize for being gone for so long, but the past few weeks have been crazy with FH being in the hospital for so long.  But he's finally out, and we're finally back in our apartment, after more than TWO MONTHS of living with the FILs.

As for wedding stuff, we got the invites out, and RSVPs are starting to come in.  He's got his suit, but he still needs a shirt, cufflinks and shoes.  My dad bought his suit, and mum bought her dresses - for the rehearsal dinner and for the wedding.  My girls have their dresses, and they're on their own for shoes and accessories.  I have my dress.  We booked where we're staying for the wedding night.  FH booked the limo last night.  The cake is designed.  We picked linens.  We just have final appointments with everyone.  And tomorrow, I'm going to get another hair trial done because I just don't trust the woman I went to before.  I left her cut my hair, and she left a few hunks as long as it used to be.  So, to be clearer, random parts of my hair was 2-3 inches longer than the rest of it.  Awesome.  And it looked like she took a weed-wacker to it, the layers were so awful.  I hope it can be fixed before the wedding.

Beauti, I love your dress.  And you're gorgeous!  You've got a great body. :)

Delta, I'm so sorry.  I hope you and your family are hanging in there.

I hope everyone else is doing well too. Can you believe we have less than 2 months?!

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

simone021 Posts : 124 Registered: 1/5/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Hey all! I just caught up to the last couple of pages that I missed. Sounds like everyone's pretty stressed, but everyone sounds pretty ready to go for the most part.

We're going to Riviera Maya too! We're staying at an all-inclusive resort, but I don't remember the name right now. We'll be there for 6 days. FH planned it all, so I'm not exactly sure of the details. It was a pretty good deal too. The only thing I've bought to get ready for the honeymoon is a couple new swimsuits that were on clearance at Target.

We finally took our engagement pics and I can't wait for them to be ready to view online. FH had a blast because he was freely able to hold and kiss me. I'm not one for PDA so he basked in the moment. Lol. Our photographer is awesome. She told us that she now offers a guestbook, which we're interested in, but it'll cost $500. That's double the amount of a lot of other photographers around here charge, but it might be a better deal for us rather than buy prints from our engagement session. So I guess if we like the pics, we may end up purchasing it. I'll let you guys know where you can view them when it's available.

I bought some BM gifts that I'm not sure about. I was going to do the personalized totes but then I ran across these Lacoste makeup bags.

They were on sale and I bought a ton, but I'm not sure if I want to give them to my BM or not. I wanted to also give something to my cousins that are helping me out a ton, but aren't my BM, so I think I'll give these to them for sure. Don't know yet, since I've spent so much on the BM already and I'm seriously getting poor...

That sucks to hear about the Aunt changing her mind all of a sudden. That would really bug me, but at least it's just a venue change not the whole thing.

Most of my invites have been sent out and some RSVPs have come in. FH's parents' guest list still hasn't been given to us. That's such a BIG annoyance, because we've been on them about it for months. And they keep thinking that it's crazy to give out invites in Utah 2 months in advice. Utahns, I guess, are more akin to getting an invite 2 weeks in advice. UGH. I thought, big deal if they don't care if their side of the family gets invites late, but then I remembered that our RSVP date is set for June 1st... I hope they finish their list soon, so I can stop stressing about it. I want to freak out on them, but I can't. 

We finally did a wedding website!!! We just made our own website and put a wedding section into it. Check it out if anyone has time. here's the link: http://www.andrewandsimone.com It's not completely finished, but it has the main stuff on it.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: simone021

So I emailed my pianist today and am starting to finalize some music for the wedding. This all just gets me super excited!

Oh, and I found out at work today I am getting full time this summer and getting the hours I want, thank goodness! I am just really getting anxious and wanting to be married. There is also a lot of stuff stressing me out right now and I think I'm gonna have to vent this weekend about that....so who knows.  I just wish I could be married already!!

Oh...we are sending out some of the invites tomorrow (yay!) so hopefully we start getting RSVPs back....the rest should go out within the next two weeks.

Have a good night all!

MelissaSmile

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

ooook, so now I cannot get in contact with the lady who I asked to play for the wedding. I aksed her in August and i've been trying to contact her for details since January. Im just thankful we aren't having any songs sung during the ceremony. All I really needed her for was prelude music. We were gonna use a CD for processionals. Do you guys think I should look for another pianist OR just throw some instrumentals on a CD?

I can't believe i'm so incredibly calm about this. It's weird.

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I bet its fun to get rsvp. I'm sending out the invites next week.

The LaCoste makeup bags are really cute.

FH still needs to pick out his Tux. I'm kinda stressing over it, but it will get done. He actually picked it out, but they didn't have the correct size for him at the time. So he needs to go back and make sure he really likes the way it fits.

My florist is preparing a prototype of the ceremony and reception flowers for me to approve. That appt is May 5th. I am so excited to see those.

I have a make-up trial appt also on May 5th

Not getting engagement pics. I had to cancel our appt so I could be with my mom, and I have no regrets about that.  I was going to do a photobook as the guest book. So now I'm not to sure what I'm going to do.

I have alot of little DIY projects: tablecard names, programs, menus, favors  All of the materials are starting to arrive and I'm getting excited!

My stamps came in yesterday. They looked great! FYI Beauti - The stamp is a little large on the rsvp cards, but it is soo cute that I got over it quickly.

That's my little update.

If anyone has any ideas on alternatives for a guestbook other than engagement photos let me know!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

we're not doing RSVPs but thanks for thinking of me anyway!

as far as a guestbook, we're just doing a regular signing guestbook. Maybe you have a lot of regular snapshots of the two of you together??

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Delta - My FH and I do not want enagagement photos taken but I will run this idea by you.  I am going to have a custom made photo 'coffee table' book with quotes, lyrics AND photos that I add myself.  I am including photos of FH's hometown in Ireland, our wedding place, and photos of us throughout. I am going to set the book up and have guests sign it with a black sharpie, that I am turning into a wedidng sharpie...how..not sure yet but most likely wrapping it in ribbon and tactfully adding tulle.  If I am not mistaken the books takes a week or 2 to be shipped, I hope so because I have not built mine yet....just an idea. Smile

Try www.photoworks.com

Welcome back Nessie and I am thrilled to hear FH is out of the hospital and on the mend!!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

FutureMrsRLee Posts : 64 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

We got our engagement pictures back!!! I am so happy with how they turned out.  I feel so lucky that we have such a freaking talented photographer.  Feel free to check them out......they're posted on our wedding website which is in my signature. 

I am curious about something a PP mentioned.  What exactly are welcome bags?  I mean, I have never heard of ppl providing these.  What do you put in them?  Now I am starting to freak b/c that's probably another thing to add to my DIY list.  BTW, sorry for my ignorance, LOL.  

So we got pretty much all of our invites out and we have already started receiving RSVPs on our website.  However, we did send out RSVP cards with our invitations, so I hope the ppl that RSVP to the site still send out the cards we put stamps on them. 

So my FH and I still haven't picked a song for our first dance and I still don't have jewelry.  I can't decide on anything. WHY???  Still need to get gifts and I feel like I have no time to get anything done being that I work 40+ hours a week.  UGH! 

www.mywedding.com/laraandlee

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine