Anybody else need ALONE time???

Online Users: 1,366 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Re: Anybody else need ALONE time???
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Hee Hee.

On the day after our wedding, after the brunch and all the out of towners had left for the airport, after we went to my parents apartment to attend to the details of sending the gifts back to our home in DC, hubby and I checked into our hotel for some alone time before our flight out the next morning for our honeymoon.

I got my alone time in.  Hubby was asleep in about 10 minutes, and I wondered around the hotel room, repacking, watching TV, and taking a bath. . all. by. myself.

I can always count on alone time, because if nothing else, hubby will always sleep more during the day than I do!

Vote!  http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

Fitzer Posts : 643 Registered: 8/7/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

Yes.  Alone time is completely necessary for me to stay out of jail.

FH travels for work 2-3 weeks a month.  When he's home too much, I look forward to him flying out again.  I just love being on my own too much - not having to coordinate dinners, bedtime/waking up when he decides to go to bed, etc.  He's home for weekends, which I love, but too many work weeks together in a row, and we start to get snippy with each other.

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: Fitzer

I'm glad I am not the only one who needs alone time. I'm an introvert and DH is an extrovert so he dosen't really get my need to be alone a lot of the time. I know your constant time together was making a little crazy with each other, or maybe just me crazy with him. I'm glad our marriage isn't doomed because I don't want to be around him all the time

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

I need my alone time & I also need my girlfriend time.....My bestfriend & I go out every Wednesday night, we've been doing this gosh I don't know how long.  So when when we were planning our wedding, I asked DH if I could still have Wednesday nights out (and fridays too, he said sure that is no problem....I need a night or 2 out for a few drinks, dh doesn't drink & I do...)

Then there are times when I just need to be by myself....away from DH & all friends & family....I just need "Linda" time....

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

No, you're not insane.

I need alone time from EVERYONE. I get days where I just want to be like, "HONEY. GO. AWAY. Just go to Dave's or something and get out of my face."

I'm already a recluse. I'm not a sociable person in any form - I hate people coming over (even MY friends) because I feel like my space is being invaded. I don't know why.

But a healthy relationship definitely requires both of you get your alone time. We all need time for personal reflection. I sit and work on my book for a few hours. He plays piano or guitar.

"How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

Me ME ME!!!  I need alone time!  I hear where you are coming from!

You're not alone!

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Mrslinnben you sound just like me!  My bestfriend and I go out every Wednesday night too and we also have been doing this forever (excpet tonight as she wasn't feeling well).  And I go for drinks after work on Friday night with the girls from work too.

I cherish my time with my friends and also my alone time.

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

ArtBride - I love that you plan on kicking him out of the room, that is hilarious, but also very sensible, afterall better to have some alone time that morning and therefore not be completely cranky then to force together time and then just spend it bickering.

I think that everyone needs some alone time, I don't think it is a sign of a bad relationship, it is simply that if you spend ALL your free time together what do you talk about???

I don't know about you but I really don't talk to FH about work all that much (most of it is confidential so I can't, and frankly I live the stuff about 12 hours a day so it is the last thing I want to think/talk about when I'm home) If he didn't go fishing and if I didn't do whatever it is I used to do when I had free time and wasn't planning a wedding, we would quickly become one of those couples that just doesn't talk because there would be nothing to say (FH's job is WAY too similar to mine for me to hear about all the time either)

When is my wedding

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Art, I don't care who you offend, lock yourself away in either your car or a room for at least 5 hours at some point.  You have the same need for solitude that I do, and without the quiet time, you'll be frazzled on the day itself.

I'm SO with you on the "no talking before 8am" -DH thinks aloud in the morning, or as I like to call it, babbling towards me.  He's gotten better at it, but every now and then I still need to say "too many words" to him.

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

So, since DH doesn't have a job right now, I told him I was getting annoyed that he gets to sleep while I'm getting ready for work... So this morning, he woke up when I did, and proceeded to talk to me about his dreams he had as well as watching me pick out my clothes to wear.

Um... maybe he should just sleep. He drove me CRAZY! 

When is my wedding

See our wedding pictures at: josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer Smile

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

I used to get annoyed at FH for the same reason. His "commute" is to reach off the side of the bed and pick up his laptop. So he can sleep in. I need to leave by 7 a.m. in order to get to work by 8:30 and normally leave a bit early so for a while he would just sleep, I would get ready and go. But then I made the mistake of telling him that I want him to get up to...so now he does and he wants to talk or cuddle or whatever but I have to go. I need to spend some me time getting ready. I don't want to discuss anything when I'm putting on pantyhose. I just want to do my morning thing in peace and quiet....

I'm hoping he goes back to sleeping in...

When is my wedding

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 6, 2008 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

I know no one has posted on this thread in a little while but I had to add something .... iheartweddings my FH is the same way as your DH he can spend everyday all day with me ..... me on the other hand lately it's driving me crazy ....

We are both full time students and we work so we have pretty busy lives .... but everytime I get to relax FH is there and wants to spend time with me .... great i dont mind that .... but when I have my relax time I like to come on here and read the boards and sometimes post things and so on or read a bridal magazine or look for ideas for our wedding (I know it is over 3 years away by FH wanted to plan "gradually") ... i do my banking, check my email, so on ... just little things ... my FH will be sitting next to me and I'm talking to him and eveything but he claims I dont spend any time with him! I really don't see how that is true! I feel like I have no time to myself bc if I am doing these things FH complains and by the time he leaves or I leave (we dont live together) it's time to go to bed .... I have seen him for 306 days straight .... most of those days during the week we have lunch and I see him at night .... on the weekends it's all the time.

So like I said i don't mind spending time with FH i love him to death but I feel like i can't breathe sometimes ....

This week is our exam week ... the last 3 weeks of class were like hell to me because of all the work that was assigned and due the week of exams or the last week of class .... I took 2 exams this morning I have another one tonight at 6 and 2 tomorrow ... FH had one today none tom one thurs and so on .... we met for lunch today ... he stayed home until 1:30 he was planning on staying until 2 (he has flex hrs) ... after we had lunch he put the tv on to watch part of a movie and I came on here .... he starts with the whole you dont spend any time with me and so on again .... I told him this is my time i didn't know he was going to stay home and i was planning on studyin for my exam tonight starting at 200 then going to my exam and then coming home after (to see him again) and studying again for my exams tmr. he doesn't see what he's doing .... Am I wrong here? please help me out!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 6, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

I love my Wednesday night out with BF, we also go out on Friday night for a bit too....As much as I love my time with BF, I love just being home.

Linda 

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 6, 2008 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

So I wonder if this is a man thing?  Women are normally stereotyped as the clingy ones but according to this thread it seems more like the men are.  My FH would spend every hour of every day with me.  When we got back from Vegas after five days of just the two of us he was so upset we had to go to work and not be together.  Seriously, we've been together for five days stright, non-stop!

Sometimes I just need to be alone so I will make up things I have to do just so I can get out of the house.  That's horrible!

The first day of my happily ever after is 9-13-2008!!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 6, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: 2BBauer

2BBauer- I make stuff up too. Usually on Sundays by 1pm I am BORED of sitting around and I just will take a ride to Target or the grocery store to get out. And since I know DH doesnt like to go grocery shopping, he never comes along.  He could sit inside ALLLLL day long, ALLLLLL Weekend long...me, I need to have something to do!! Even if its just for a couple hrs.

Formerly Ama102707

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine