Two hairstylists VS One/Do it yourself?

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Two hairstylists VS One/Do it yourself?
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:35 PM

So I originally had arraged to have two hair stylists on my wedding day for all seven of my girls (including me). One is my dad's girlfriend and that's not a problem. The other one I asked back last year and she said yes, and now she realizes that it's a Sunday, and she doesn't normally work Sundays but she already said yes so she would... via the email I got (never great for communicating) it seems like she's a little regretful that she agreed. I could be wrong though, again, it's an email.
Anyway, when I think about it. I really only have five girls that need hair done, two of them have super short hair that can't really do much with besides what they do daily. Are five girls worth two hairstylists? My flower girl is one of them, and her mom does beautiful curls in her hair for special occasions and she could do that. Which leaves me and three other girls. Should I just have my dad's girlfriend do my hair and bridesmaids do their own?
Or, because I care about the other hairstylist (i know her as a person before as a hairstylist) who was also complaining about work being slow and not having enough money for rent, keep her and help her out by giving her business? She says for updos and what not her base rate is $45.
THEN... do bm's pay for their own hair or am I supposed to (that would solve my problem real quick!) If they are supposed to pay for their own, then it would be up to them if they wanted to use her or do it themselves I suppose.

Re: Two hairstylists VS One/Do it yourself?
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:57 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

hey kica... i saw that you were having "hair issues" on the may 08 thread and i thought i would see what's up.

I can tell you that i have four bridesmaids, one jr bm, a flower girl and myself.  One of the BM's is a hairstylist so she is doing my MOH, the Jr BM (our cousin), and the flowergirl (her daughter).  And then I have my hair, two BMs which are getting their hairblown out, and one (the hairstylist) BM getting an updo.  So to answer if you need more than one- it's going to depend how much time you have to get everyone's hair done.  Ask your dad's GF if she can get everyone's hair done and how much time she thinks it will take.

About paying- my girls are paying for their own hair because I am making it optional.  The two girls who are getting blow outs were going to do their own but then decided to get it done.  IMO if you are "making" them get their hair done then you should pay for some/all of it- especially if the people who get their hair done by your father's GF will not have to pay. 

If you decide to only go with one person: Since the second hairstylist is a friend why not explain to her what you are thinking.  That you would be okay with one hairstylist but that you thought you could help her since business has been slow.

hope that helps. 

I never thought I would find you, and now that I have I dont ever want to lose you.

Forever and always

love4greys Posts : 396 Registered: 1/22/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

What I did was ask my hair stylist what she would charge for each of my girls and how many she could do in the timeframe.  She told me what she charged and I asked my girls if they wanted their hair done or if they wanted to do it themselves.  The ones that are wanting it done are paying for it themselves.  The others are doing their own hair.  I only have 3 others besides me that are needing their hair done so it is only one stylist coming out to do hair.  Hope that helps!

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: Kica

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1910 is just $429.99.

aaral Posts : 16 Registered: 9/18/12
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: wzq103

Both the dresses are really looking awesome..

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine