Place card question

Online Users: 1,325 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 3

daybug Posts : 159 Registered: 10/7/07
Place card question
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 5:02 AM

Is it ok to do a table of blank place cards near the entrance of the reception hall and have guests write their own names then select their own table as they arrive? I don' t want to even try to tackle the whole assigned seating thing, but I thought place cards would still be nice so guests can claim a seat/table and not have to stand guard of it during cocktail hour.

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Re: Place card question
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: daybug

People put down their stuff and that's it.  I've never heard of what you propose and I'd think the bride was either an idiot or beyond clueless.  Either do them yourself or don't do them at all.  As long as there are seats for everyone, people won't steal seats.  Someone is likely to be at the table to say that certain seats are taken.  

Chad ~ 11.19.05

daybug Posts : 159 Registered: 10/7/07
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

Thanks for the input, however, I am neither an idiot or clueless. A simple yes, it's fine or no, don't do it would suffice. Geez...

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 6:30 AM Go to message in response to: daybug

I didn't say you were either an idiot or clueless.  Having the idea doesn't make you either, it means you're looking for solutions.  It's the actual execution that would leave me wondering.

And half the time "yes" or "no" gets a "why/not" response.  I try to combine it and just say what I have to say all at once.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine