September 2009 BRIDES??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

jess143 Posts : 153 Registered: 8/15/06
September 2009 BRIDES??
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 6:09 PM

Anyone out  there getting marrie din Sept 2009??? WE set the date last night. 9/19/09!! SOoo excited.  I have theree diff venues in mind. And a photographer. Plus I already know what flowers I want. Dress shopping next weekend!!! 

Message was edited by: jess143

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Re: September 2009 BRIDES??
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: jess143

We are getting married on the same day! We already have our venue picked and our officiant. We picked our colors (Apple Red and Silver). We are starting to look at photographers and Djs now. I am hoping to have the main stuff done by Memorial day of this year. We are always super busy in the summer and i figure I have plenty of time to take a few months off from planning. We already have 95% of the wedding party picked out and asked. I am dressing shopping with my ladies the first week of April! Good luck and Happy Planning!!!

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: jess143

Yup, September 9, 2009 here. We had a lot of stuff planned but recently we have had to make a lot of changes due to financial stuff that came up, so we're keeping the date and just modifying the event to fit into a lower budget. But we've found a new location, and I just found a photographer in my budget TODAY :-) so woo hoo. I have my dress, veil, and just found a great wedding night outfit. We have our honeymoon location picked and we're looking for accomodations now. Haven't decided on rehearsal dinner yet but we might end up having it at our new house (the reason for the financial shift).

So yes I'm very very excited. I'm starting a new job next fall which will require me to work substantially longer hours then I'm currently working so it was important to get as much done as possible before then. We still have to figure out STD's (very important in our case since it is the wednesday) and invitations. So that is our next thing.

When is my wedding

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 1:38 AM Go to message in response to: FallBride91909

Hey.  We pushed our wedding back and now are getting married on 9.19.09 too.  I am so excited.  We'll have our venue booked hopefully by my Spring Break.  We will also book our videographer and photographer soon after that.  I am so excited.  I know we jumped ahead, but we already designed and had our save-the-dates printed.  We chose our colors too, which are claret (deep red) and navy with silver accents.  We have a lot of the small stuff.

I am so super excited.  I just hope these months go by fast.  I love my FH and can't wait to be married.

Have ya'll started looking for dresses?

LifeTicker.com

LifeTicker.com By AdorablePlanet.com

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 1:41 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

If you want save-the-dates, I would suggest VistaPrint.  They have excellent products.  We got 100 Save-the-Dates (made like a postcard) for $6.09 which was just the price it cost to ship it to us.  If that seems like something that you would like, then I would suggest signing up on their email list so that you get notified of the discounts.

LifeTicker.com

LifeTicker.com By AdorablePlanet.com

jess143 Posts : 153 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

dress shopping this saturday!! HAve you started dress shopping?

spartygirl Posts : 4 Registered: 6/27/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: jess143

I'm getting married 9/19/09 too. What have you all done so far?

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: jess143

Congratulations! I'm getting married one week after you on September 26, 2009! We also just set the date earlier this week. We have the date booked for the church, priest, and reception hall. I am really excited too! We've made out initial guest list and know who we want as a photographer, DJ, etc...I think it's a good thing to plan far in advance and have all the beginning details done. We can take our time and save money!

spartygirl Posts : 4 Registered: 6/27/07
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

Exactly, everyone asks why we arent getting married this year, but why rush it? It gives me time to plan out things exactly how i want it, save money and not have to stress out about everything. We picked our colors, booked our Ceremony and Reception sites, we are going to put the deposit down on the DJ soon and the videographer. Everything else we are doing on our own or know someone who can do it so we can save a lot of money there. Have you started trying on dresses yet? I really want to but everyone tells me to wait so I don't have to hold onto it forever.

nashawnne Posts : 2 Registered: 8/24/06
Posted: May 8, 2008 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: Lori82

hello i am a sept.22,2009 bride. i don't know where to begin. it seems like as soon as i try to sit down and think of the first thing to do i get overwhelmed. did this happen to anybody else?
Laughing

Message was edited by: nashawnne

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: nashawnne

I think for right now, you should focus on the basic details...Ceremony site, reception hall,guest list, photographer, DJ etc.. It is very easy to become overwhelmed when you think of everything that has to be done. If you take it in little sections at a time, things won't be so bad. Once you have all the basics done, then you can worry about all the little details later.

Planning early also allows you to pay for things over a long period of time so things are mostly all paid off by wedding time!

I haven't gone looking for a dress yet. I probably won't do that until the beginning of 2009. I am planning on losing a lot of weight for the wedding (and I hope to be successful!) so I would hate to get a dress, have it fitted, and then have to pay to get it re-fitted again when I've lost all the weight.

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

We're getting married on 9/5/09, although it's not set in stone since we haven't figured out our reception location yet.  I'm definitely feeling a little overwhelmed right now, LOL. 

nashawnne Posts : 2 Registered: 8/24/06
Posted: May 8, 2008 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

thank you , i have my church. and father. i have to get my times straight i guess so i can get the reception site
Laughing

Message was edited by: nashawnne

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: nashawnne

Message was edited by: B2B999

tessandnate09 Posts : 136 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: May 16, 2008 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

I'm a september 2009 bride and proud of it! I am so excited to be planning my wedding. What are you brides doing for colors? Are you having a outside wedding or an inside wedding? 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine