Newbie here

Online Users: 1,332 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

hotforteacher Posts : 39 Registered: 4/7/08
Newbie here
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 8:36 AM

Hi all,

I've just joined these boards after getting engaged on April 4. It was a complete surprise so I had done no planning but I'm trying to plan everything in 7 months! Anyway, I've gained about 15 lbs since I started dating my fiance' and I plan to walk down the aisle at the weight I was when I first met him. 

I probably won't do the vow to wow menu and will instead revert to what has worked in the past- no refined carbs or sugars, very limited bread, potatoes etc. I have done this in the past and ended up giving it up do to it being inconvenient, but for my wedding I am willing to make the effort to plan ALL of my food ahead of time.

DF is very supportive without ever making me feel like I need to lose a singe pound. He is confused about how to help me and I have no answers for him there other than to keep his mouth closed. lol. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with other b2b's and wish everyone good luck with their fitness goals.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

couplelove Posts : 1 Registered: 4/15/08
Re: Newbie here
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Hey! I m a total Newbie!  It's my 22nd birthday and I just don't care because I got engaged on April 12th, just 3 days ago!  I have a fluctuating weight and it's annoying.  Basically, I have to exercise daily or starve myself to maintain a good weight, and starvation is not an option because it's just not right.  This past Sept. and Oct. I got so motivated and dropped about 20 pounds through small, healthy portions and at least an hour of exercise everyday: hip hop dance, walking, gym workouts, swimming and/or step classes.  Of course, life happened, I am a full time University student, I worked over 30 hours a week at a motel, and I volunteered at a Day Care...oh and my fiance came to visit me at school every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  But you know what?  I can make all of the excuses in the world for not exercising, but there is no excuse for over-eating, and making such poor food choices.  Now that summer is here (for University students anyway) I have no problem with the exercise aspect, but does anyone have good meal plans they have foind successful?  I KNOW I have to cut out the sweets (my weakness), but I'm not overly in love with salty foods or any of the traditional junk foods.  But I'm thinking carbs from bread and pastas may be a problem.  Should I cut them completely?  Or minimize them?  Any advice?  I am getting married in 13 months, and I drop weight quickly which is nice, but I'd love some help!
John 15:12  My Command is this: Love eachother as I have loved you.

johnandkristin Posts : 1 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: couplelove

I just started this too, got engaged in oct. but dont get married till may of 09 so i do have quiet some time before i have to start this. i mainly want to get my arms toned and my stomach flat.  I get motivated to do other things like clean and what not, but when its hot and i worked a long day all i want to do is lay down. any tips? I do not think i will follow the menu because i know i would be hungry still if i were to do that.. hmm..

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: johnandkristin

Well I recommend Weight Watchers to anyone - even if you only want to lose 20 lbs!!!!

try it! 

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:41 AM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 10, 2012 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Insist on doing exercise and proper diet!Hope you can achieve your goals as soon as possible!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine