to those with emerald cut diamonds

Online Users: 1,325 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Re: to those with emerald cut diamonds
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

emerald cut is elegant.  i personally would not prefer one because they are not sparkly enough compared to other cuts.  in emerald cut the clarity is very important!

bellabride816 Posts : 8 Registered: 9/18/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

"well, i must've said a million times i want a princess. princess, princess, princess."

Seems like the ring is more important that the engagement.  I can't imagine ever making my FH feel bad about something as huge as buying an engagement ring.  I had an idea of what I would have liked, and my actual engagement ring is nothing like that, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I love it and I think it is the most beautiful ring ever. 

With such a petty attitude, you should be lucky to be proposed to at all.

BlushingBride03 Posts : 220 Registered: 7/15/06
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: bellabride816

i thought i was clear on the fact that when I said I didn't like emerald cuts, I had no idea he had already gotten one. I do feel very bad about it now. I also thought I was clear in that I am trying to keep an open mind and stay positive about it. I realize that the ring is from him and that is the most important thing, but if I have to wear it the rest of my life, I think it's only fair I should at least like it!

Soon-to-be Mrs. S.Daisypath Ticker

PaigeElizabeth Posts : 33 Registered: 3/10/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

My center stone is only 1/2 ct..primarlly because my fingers are a 4 1/2 and anything else would swallow it.  The diamonds on the sides are channel set quadrillions(?). I'd never heard of them before, but my FH showed my the insurance certificate, and that is what they were called. Just in case you were wondering there were 5 on each side.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
June 6, 2009

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 1:23 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

It's not a diamond, but my stone is an emerald cut.  When we were working with the jeweler the emerald cut was on the bottom of my list to be honest.  I had wanted a rectangular cushion cut.  When the jeweler found the emerald cut sapphire in the color that I wanted it was beautiful!

We recieved our rings about a month ago - I am waiting for the 'official' asking before I can wear it.  It's killing me to be patient.....  it is even more beautiful in person. 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: KPM

well after sleeping on it I'm very excited to get it now! It definitely grew on me after browsing several photos. I'm just hoping he chose a thin band with it because wider bands make my fingers look chunky hahaha.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

you will TOTALLY love it! haha when DH first proposed I was so shocked and couldnt believe it was happening that he was like ARENT YOU GUNNA LOOK AT THE RING?! That was like my last thought! Im so excited for you...keep us posted and take some pics so we can see it! 

Formerly Ama102707

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I posted a reply on this thread in the Jewelry section. I said basically the same thing that the ladies here said. It's not as sparkly but I love it because of the clean lines and the rarity. I posted pics of my rings too. For those that are worried about the sparkle, Here's what I did. My e-ring is a solitaire set on a wider band (I'd say med. width). My wedding band is the same width. I has channel set diamonds. They are alternating baguettes and princess cut. The lines in the baguettes match the lines in the emerald cut and the princess diamonds add sparkle. So overall, it is a lot of sparkle on my hand.

Here's my other reply if you want to see the pictures.

http://www.brides.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=56161&tstart=0

willmarrybarry Posts : 84 Registered: 4/15/08
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

Girl,

Everyone has a pirncess cut... They're almost as common as the round cut. I have an emerald cut because I like it, and it's gorgeous - it's unusual and it stands out as different. I totally love it.

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: willmarrybarry

I have a heart shaped diamond E-ring. My DH never asked what kind of ring I liked and I never thought about what kind of ring I wanted. When he proposed and I saw the ring I absolutly fell in love with it. It is very unique (there aren't that many heart shaped diamonds out there) and I get many compliments about it.

No matter what kind of ring you get you are going to love it because your FH gave it to you.

DH and I Rolled the Dice and Took a Gamble at Marriage on July 15, 2006 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! Viva Las VegasLaughing

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: willmarrybarry

you are right! i liked the look of the princess best despite the fact many people have it... so now I am starting to like the fact that mine will be different from what many people have seen! and yes i would eventually like a wedding band with channel set diamonds so eventually i will have the added sparkle I like, hahahah

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

the posted ring of PaigeElizabeth looks sparkly because of the band and also the ring of Linzz is so classy and classic looking if your ring is anything like either of theirs it will be great!  just don't worry about the sparkle factor until you have the ring it might just be amazing anyway!

PaigeElizabeth Posts : 33 Registered: 3/10/08
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Thanks FallBride!  BlushingBride,  I promise, when he does propose, what the ring looks like will be an afterthought.  I was so surprised and so excited, I didn't even look at the ring until about 20 minutes after he proposed.  No matter what it looks like, I know that you will love it. Post a picture once you do have it!!
June 6, 2009

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

he popped the question saturday, and I was right- with an emerald! AND I LOVE IT!!! my ring:

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

double post

Message was edited by: BlushingBride03

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift