Marine Wife

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16
Marine Wife
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 11:34 PM

My fiancee is in the Marines; his family wants him to wear the uniform, but we are both in agreement that we want tuxes for the guys.  The uniform is really uncomfortable and he wants to be comfortable on his wedding day.  Any ideas for another way to honor his service without wearing the uniform?

Thanks for your help,

AML

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Re: Marine Wife
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sorry i really dont have any ideas my FH will be wearing his uniform on the wedding while the GM wear tux's since 3 are all in diffrent services and the other 3 are civs. If you do a wedding on basehe can still get married w/o his uniform and still have the arch of swords/sabers

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

You could do a grooms cake in the shape of the Marine Corps emblem. Or you could have your wedding colors be the blue and gold.  You could also have a picture taken in his uniform to put on the guest book table.  My FH wanted to get married in his Navy uniform, but I think it would look weird for everyone else to be in a tux.  Plus, all the uniforms are uncomfortable.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

i dont know if you have them where you live but Publix is doing our grooms cake! I love publix cakes i might even have them do the wedding cake! and its only going to cost us 50 bucks if not less i dont remember. But its just a simple round cake with the CG seal as the design!

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

sweetie01494 Posts : 73 Registered: 2/17/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

so compromise...honor his uniform and what he does day in and out by wearing his uniform for the ceremony and change into a tux for the reception for his own comfort.

Ariana2858 Posts : 14 Registered: 1/21/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: sweetie01494

That's what my FH and I are doing... He and his groomsmen are all wearing their uniforms (Army dress blues) for the ceremony, but then changing into shirts and ties for the reception so they can be more relaxed and comfortable.

Another fun thing to do if you don't want a "military wedding" (me either) but want to honor his service is to have a typical reception but then wear a camoflauge garter with a little charm that is the symbol of his branch of the service for the garter toss if you're doing one.

lindsayalmostwi... Posts : 2 Registered: 4/22/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana2858

Yeah, I am running into problems with the uniform thing too. FI is graduating from the US Naval Academy and he will be wearing his whites. He wants his guys to wear white tuxes (his brother did that and he thinks it looks great... I think otherwise!). I don't really know what else to suggest since some of his guys will be civilians and others not. Any ideas??

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

He should wear what HE wants to wear; his family really has nothing to say about it. He honors his service every day, by wearing his uniform and doing what he does. If he were a doctor, should he honor his profession by wearing surgical greens? If he were a welder, should he wear a helmet? You get my drift.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

marinelifewife Posts : 1 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hello, I am new to the wedding and military scene..... my husband is going to join the marines in the next 2wks and we will be married before he joins but our wedding with family and friends wont be until 2010. I was wondering if you could tell me which uniform they would be allowed to wear for the ceremony because i am not sure!! any answers would be greatly appreciated so I can decide what colors to use! thank you for your help,

rachel 

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: marinelifewife

I love a Marine in dress blues.  I think they are by far the handsomest uniforms.  I like the idea of the uniform for the ceremony and a tux or something else more comfortable for the reception. 

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

MrsReno Posts : 314 Registered: 12/21/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and FBIL don't want to wear their USMC DBs but they want to honor the USMC. We aren't having a sword tunnel because FH is not an officer/nco and doesn't have many friends that are. We decided to get cufflinks with the EGA on it for FH, FBIL, and one of FH's groomsmen.

♥Defy Gravitry♥

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: marinelifewife

If he will be in the service when you're doing the ceremony itself (the formal one for family and friends), he'll be able to wear the dress uniform with his rank.    However, for your ceremony before he enlists, he will need to stick to civies <G>

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com/

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

Coastiebride

I think it is a really good idea to not have FH and groomsmen in uniform in your case. The last thing you want at your wedding is a Macho Contest at your wedding lol.

Everytime FH get's together with my family they have one. FH is a Marine, my father is a retired 1sgt in the Army, my sister is in the army, my uncle was in the USAF, and my grandfather was in the Navy.

♥Defy Gravitry♥

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: marinelifewife

Marinelifewife

If you are getting married before for FH goes into boot camp, he should not be in any uniform what so ever during the ceremony. Just because one signs up, doesn't mean they will pass basic and may not even get to be in the service. He will have to wait until he receives his EGAs before boot camp graduation.

♥Defy Gravitry♥

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH is also a Marine! LOL! I love the uniform! He will be wearing his and the groomsmen will also wear their dress uniforms (two Marines and an Army man!) and our JR GM will wear a tux! I figure my dress will be uncomfortable so he can be too! No just kidding he really wants the military wedding!

I would say do a grooms cake with a Marine theme. And cut the cake with his sword (assuming he has one!). Maybe do the black, gold and red colors. I would also agree with doing the uniform for the ceremony and tuxes or suits for the reception!

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married! December 27, 2008!

http://alaireandclayton.weddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine