DON'T GET A TARGET REGISTRY

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
DON'T GET A TARGET REGISTRY
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 11:14 PM

We had a registry with Target. We were lucky enough to get a lot of things from it. We also got five identical toasters from this Target registry. All five people who purchased a toaster told us they checked it off as a registry item. We ONLY got 3 out of 5 receipts and now Target absolutely refuses to take them all back and they have all been extremely rude about it. Target says it is not possible that it could be something wrong with their registry and that our friends and family were all lying to us. That we did not get duplicates of anything else on the registry does not strike Target as illogical. The toaster is worth only $20 and I think that Target is treating us very bad, considering our guests just spent thousands of dollars in their store. I will NEVER buy anything from big cooperate Target anymore. Lina Lindberg

MrsKristenA Posts : 23 Registered: 6/6/07
Re: DON'T GET A TARGET REGISTRY
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I felt like I was selling my soul as we were setting up our registry. I did not want to regist there; however, it's the only other place than Walmart where we are getting married. We registered at BBB where we live, but I doubted people would buy anything prior to the week or so before the wedding--thus the need for Target. Some of the things we registered for would be cheaper, with a 20% off coupon from BBB even!

We'll be using our money to buy stuff from BBB after the wedding, and I'm not looking forward to selling 15 toasters on Ebay from Target...UGH.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was coming on here to write the same thing, its the worst mistake I ever made!!!!!!! DONT REGISTER THERE!

Same thing happened to me, I got like 5 crock pots all from them but only two had gift receipts but they refused to take the other ones even though I just wanted a gift receipt! I was so mad and frustrated casue I had called them two weeks ago saying that things on my registry are not being updated after people buy them and why is that? No direct answer.  So now am stuck with 3crock pots and 3 chrome blenders!!!!!!!

DONT REGISTER AT TARGET!!!  Its also just unfortunate that people did attach the receipts but oh well what can I do now? And their system is really messed up, they dont update their registries right away.

SOme of my items said, requested ONE but got TWO?? WTH?? Why cant you update your registry? its really upsetting.

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So I totally understand . .. I registered at target for a "Ha-Ha" place to register and i picked online these cute lamps . ..well someone bought them for me and when I saw them in person I didn't like them anymore . .I went to target to return a few items including these $80 lamps and some bathroom pieces . .well they said they don't take anything back without a receipt.  I'm like the registry is the RECEIPT that is the point of doing this .. . i was so mad . . .. oh so mad!!!  needless to say i'm stuck with ugly items now . .. and target actually told me to call my guests and ask them for a reciept so i could return .. .hello? Can we say tacky . .. uh i was so mad..i immediately went on and deleted all the items that i haven't seen in person . ..

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I must just have good luck there, because I have never had any problems. We registered there. Got a duplicate of something, took it back, got the cash out of it. We got something that was broke, they let us exchange it, no questions asked.

As for the whole "Wanted 1" "Got 2" thing. A lot of times people don't look to see if items have already been purchased. The thing doesn't pop up to tell you when you do purchase a duplicate off of a registry. Yes, I know that for a fact, I used to work there. Sometimes it is because the registries haven't updated yet, but not always.

Nici2036 Posts : 22 Registered: 1/8/07
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just had the same type of thing happen. WE registered for something but them decided that we dont really need it so i went to return it.

No gift receipt + over $20 = NO RETURN

They will only let you return 2 items in a 12 month period that are under $20 in value.

This is ridiculous!! I am so tempted to go on my registry and take everythign else off but I know the registry cards were inserted in the shower invitations.

One thing I am going to try is to see if Wal-mart carries the same item. They will take ANYTHING back that they carry in store! You might want to check that yourself!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: BreAnn

They also just recently changed their return policy, they aren't alone.

It doesn't matter that it says Target all over it, they won't take it back without a receipt/gift receipt.

I thought about registering there, but decided against it when I saw that they had changed their return policy. 

casa1 Posts : 51 Registered: 9/11/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

It would be great if someone from Target would peek at this board. If they knew how badly everyone is bad-mouthing their registry then maybe they would be willing to make a change. The store has great things at great prices and it is a shame that people at deterred from going there due to a stupid piece of paper!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine