Father, son and the whole fam damily...

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

DPandME Posts : 24 Registered: 2/28/08
Father, son and the whole fam damily...
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 7:23 PM

Sooo my FH and I have a son together. My father isnt in my life so I was thinking having my son walk me down the aisle. He will be close to 3 at that time. (obviously this would be scrapped if  he throws a tantrum) Our colors will be black and silver, and I wanted to get him a tux that matched his daddy's. My FH is getting an all white tux and the GM will be wearing black tuxes with silver vests. Do I have our son wear a silver vest to match them, or do an all white like dad?

Also, do I have him stand by us, or by daddy during the actual wedding (again granted no tantrums) or sit off with his mom or my mom?

Now for the ring bearer there are 4 nephews to choose from. They can't all do it obviously. Do we pick a name out of a hat, or choose someone different all together? I dont really want my son to do it b/c I want him to walk down the aisle with me.

My bridesmaids dresses will be black possibly with a silver sash, but that's up for debate. Should the flower girl wear a black dress that matches? My dress will probably be a light gold or ivory. So if i put her in white she would be totally standing out. I dont want the wedding to look like a funeral but i want it to match.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated! (I know i asked about a zillion questions!)

Thank you!!!

(I also posted this under Wedding General too for more great tips and advice!)

Teddia Posts : 4 Registered: 8/6/08
Re: Father, son and the whole fam damily...
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: DPandME

first, l think your son should match his father, wearing the white tux. And he should stand by his dad during the ceremony.

for the ring bearers, choose the one that is least likely to act up. Or the oldest one.

for the flower girl, how about an ivory dress, because the FG is supposed to look like the bride.

I hope everything turns out!Smile

Ta88

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: DPandME

definately dress your son like his daddy and have him stand up.

My bridesmaids and flower girls wore black dresses. If you would like to see pics of my flower girls, please pm me. I will have to blurr out faces (I won't post pics of other people's kids online) and send them to you.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: DPandME

First of all, My son is walking me down the aisle too but he is 20 yrs old. LOL. but if he were 3 I'd still have him do it.   

Tux for your son: would be best if he match his daddy. My son is wearing a tux like the BM & GM because he is standing with them after.

Ringbearer- by all means pick the one that will cooperate best! whatever his age is! lol.  I

Flowergirl dress: It's best to look like a "mini" bride- however, mine does not. My wedding party was originally going to wear pink dresses but we changed them to silver with pink. So my flowergirl's dress is the same pink that's on my BM dresses. 

Ivory dress- They say it looks best in evening weddings. My dress is ivory too. (I really wanted a pink wedding dress, but it just didn't look good on me)                                

10 days left and counting! YAY!  Here is the link to our HONEYMOON SUITE- FOR 6 DAYS AND 5 NIGHTS  http://www.motion-vr.com/tourm.aspx?tn=445&cp=1&b=1&la=0&fl=1 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine