Buyers Remorse!!!

Online Users: 1,228 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 7
Buyers Remorse!!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 9:28 PM

I know that I cannot be the only bride to go throught this. I bought my dress back in August I thought it was absolutely beautiful! But after seeing other styles I no longer feel that it is the right dress for my day. Another thing is that my family and friends are upset by the fact that they think the dress is beautiful and cannot see way I dont want it. I feel that a bought it way to soon but the people at the bridal store tell you that you should start really early on everything. So I feel that I was a little hasty when I bought the dress. I definately need a little comforting on this matter. Please tell me I am not the only one that this has happened to.

Re: Buyers Remorse!!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I'm getting married in 6 months and went looking for a dress yesterday. I found a Piccione that I loved and went back with my mom and aunts to show them. They didn't like it as much as I did. I tried a few others on and they all loved an Alfred Angelo strapless lace dress(#1614). I hated the picture in the magazines, but I thought it looked good on me.  My 2 aunts bought me the dress, and I have spent all day today crying because I'm not sure that it's "THE" one. And it's a final sale. I, like you don't know what to do.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well if you are not sure and the sale is final, you could always keep looking and try and sell the first dress on eBay if you find something else.

Be sure in what you are wearing.  Maybe after trying on other things it will be the dress for you! 

Gem11 Posts : 14 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I totally had buyers remorse. I bought a beautiful San Patrick gown off ebay that was brand new, I bought it on an impulse it was $200! I figured if I hate it I will just sell it back online. Well it came in and it was huge, but I thought I will pay for the alterations with all the money I saved on it. I took it into my seamstress, and during the fitting I was looking at myself in the gown and I felt so uncomfrtable and didn't like what I was seeing. Over a month went by, and the whole time I was worried about it. My mom and dad were saying its fine! its a great dress don't worry! Then I called my seamstress to ask her how it was going, and she hadn't started it yet. So I saw that as a way out, I picked it back up tried it on again, and I knew. It was not what I wanted. My mom had a mini fit, she LOVED the dress, and I have never had the same taste as my mom, so that sealed the deal it was going! I immediately put it on ebay, & made more that I paid. I started shopping around to many shops looking at online pics and I found the the one I really love. Its not too dissimilar to the one I had but it is the one I picked, and I am happy and thats all that matters, it was my choice. Good luck, do what you want on this matter. It's not your family and friends dress. It's yours! 

mikster Posts : 10 Registered: 3/25/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Gem11

I am of the firm belief that when you try on the dress, you know.  You just glow in it, you don't want to take it off, and a lady in the shop told me a good indicator is when you start petting the dress.

When I was trying on my dresses, I had a favorite picked out from the pictures.  I was certain that was my dress.  It was gorgous.  But I tried it on and it just didn't work.  The one I loved was one I hadn't even picked from the magizine, it was one I just plucked off the rack at random because it was in my size.  What I'm saying is, just because you think a dress is pretty in a picture doesn't mean you'll like it on you.

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: mikster

well I also was unsure about my dress. I did not have the ahh haa lights shinning moment. But I still love it and think it's a great dress. Maybe you should do a little shopping around. You may find that the one you have is really better than the others, it's just been so long since you've had others on that you forgot how good it actually looks. Then you may re-fall in love with yours or find an even better one. Good luck 
link=http://tickers.families.comimg noborderhttp://tac.families.com/ezb/1097715.png[/img][/link]img noborderhttp://tac.families.com/ezb/1097715.png[/img][/link]" alt="ticker" title="ticker" align="bottom" />

DPandME Posts : 24 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that you should feel great in your dress. If you dont, then there's no harm in shopping around. You still have some time. If it's not what you want and it's not what you're comfortable in, then scrap it. You can put the dress you've already bought on www.preownedweddingdresses.com/

They have tons of new and used dresses for sale. Some even state right on there that it still has the tags on, never used. If you are looking to recoupe some of the money you shelled out on this one towards a new one, i would try it.

Best of luck!

weddinworries Posts : 124 Registered: 5/28/07
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 1:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This happened to me, too.  I got married in August and to this day, I still look at pictures of other dresses and wonder if I picked the right one.

There is no one perfect dress.  For every bride, there are dozens of dresses that will look good on her.  

Do you have a picture of the dress on you (not on a model)?  If so, you should post it and girls will give you their honest opinion of whether they think you could find another dress better suited to your body or your wedding.  If your friends and family are upset that you're considering starting over, it's a good sign that you picked the right dress. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine