Place Cards

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Boothie Posts : 28 Registered: 10/31/07
Place Cards
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:28 PM

I was wondering what other people are using for place cards? I was planning to print out my own using some kind of template and my printer. I have seen some Avery tent cards, and I also thought of using Avery business cards to do it. Has anyone seen other kinds of templates and paper to use? 

Just curious and looking for more ideas.... 

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: Place Cards
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Boothie

I went to staples and found beautiful place cards with a silver trim (matches my theme), but they have gold and pearl and other choices . . and they weren't too expensive.  It was a pain lining them up because my printer can be cooky but they looked fantastic.  I recommendation make sure you check the size because tent cards are usually larger than regular place cards and i don't recommend business cards because they are flat and not as elegant.  I suggest going to Staples or Michaels and checking out the wedding stationary!  I actually just printer all 200 of mine yesterday and they look great.  I found the template online and used a legible script writing.  We are also doing Table NAMES instead of Table NUMBERS so we needed to do our own, most of the ordering ones had # pre-printed.

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: Boothie

Hi Boothie

I'm just buying some cardstock to match my invitations and using a place card template.  My invitations are DIY so this way I can easily match the colors and fonts.  

You can download the right size directly from Avery.com if you'd like without having to buy their specific cards either.  Though, most of their cards are perforated so you can easily seperate the place cards, if you're wanting something easier than cutting your own. Downloading the template is really easy and I believe should be free. 

You could also create your own template and have a different than normal size or even different shapes for your place cards.  I was thinking of hearts and stars at one point, maybe to differentiate the meal choices. But I'm still not sure.  I want it to be elegant but have a certain uniqueness to them.

Hope this helps...Good Luck!

**I love him like a fat kid loves cake**  Kiss

LadyBugBride Posts : 533 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: Boothie

I made ours to match our invitations:

I used the Table feature of my word processor. The red part is 4"x4" and the white part is 3.75"x1.75". The printing is centered vertically and horizontally on the white card; the names are in the same font as our invitations, the table numbers are in arial. I printed the table lines in a light gray so you couldn't see them after I cut the out. I printed the entree choice on the inside of the red part.

Daisypath Ticker

tjrocks Posts : 11 Registered: 7/14/06
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: LadyBugBride

Michael's has some great ones in their Martha Stewart Line....and paper-source.com has some really pretty ones (both fit through your printer).  As for templates, here are some sites:

http://design.jodyprouse.com/freebies/templates.html

http://tinyurl.com/64hafc

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine