Alaun By Design or American Wedding?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

fireworksncastles Posts : 3 Registered: 2/15/08
Alaun By Design or American Wedding?
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:58 PM

Has anyone used either of these?

Whats the paper quality like?

Whos cheaper? We dont want to spend over $700 total (including stamps)

ASE Posts : 58 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Alaun By Design or American Wedding?
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: fireworksncastles

I'm waiting on a sample by Alaun By design. They said that I would get it within 2-3 weeks but I still haven't received it. When I emailed the designer she said that they were behind in samples by 2 weeks but would email me as soon as they sent it out. I'm not sure if this is a bad sign. I'd love to know what people think about Alaun By Design as well. The other place that I am thinking of going with is local but about 2 to 3 times more expensive.

FYI: I'm doing about 110 pocketfold invitations with 4 enclosures and a 5x7 invitation. Alaun By Design quoted me at less then $5.00 per invitation.

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" ~John Lennon

MrsStrong62108 Posts : 107 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: fireworksncastles

We uesd American Wedding and I really like our invitations.  I oredered them on a Thursday night and they were here the next Friday...and I picked the cheapest shipping option.  They were also very fast when I requested samples. 

We ordered #AV820, check it out online! Here's my receipt from our order:

200 TIFF BR WH VL INVITE #AV820               $152.95
NO INK #4NONE                                      $.00
25 INNER ENVS ONLY #4ENVIN                      $3.00
25 OUTER ENVS ONLY #4ENVOUT                     $3.00
225 RETURN ADDRESS ON ENVS #4OUTR              $26.50
200 RESPOND FOR AV820 #AR820                   $84.95
1 CORRECT MY ETIQUETTE #4CMIE                      $.00
1 CREDIT OR DISCOUNT #4CR                      $20.08CR
===========================================
Subtotal:                                       $250.32
Shipping & Handling:                             $16.50
Sales Tax:                                         $.00
Total:                                          $266.82

I thought that was a great price for 225 invites!  We did not get the reception cards from them b/c they seemed expense.  I just created a business card at vistaprint.com to look similar to our invites.  They also have great prices too...I suggest signing up for their emails b/c they have lots of stuff that is FREE!  Good luck!

icrad13 Posts : 37 Registered: 12/18/06
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: fireworksncastles

Check out weddingsnspice.com, how many invitations are you looking for?  You will probably get a much better deal with her.

ASE Posts : 58 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: fireworksncastles

I got my sample invitations today from Alaun by design. They look fantastic and are just how I imagined them to me. The paper quaility is terrific. We got the 5x7 Vertical Pocketfold with 4 enclosure cards. I really couldn't ask for anything more and they came out to be $5.00 even per invitation. If it fits our budget, we'll probably order place cards and programs for them as well.
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" ~John Lennon

Boothie Posts : 28 Registered: 10/31/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: fireworksncastles

We used The American Wedding and our invitations came out beautifully. They were also very fast. We spent about $240-ish, after a 10% discount and then adding shipping. We ordered free samples ahead of time and they included the 10% discount code with that. You could also find a discount code by searching online. 

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: fireworksncastles

American Wedding is great and well priced.  Plus if you sign up for the catalog, samples or call you will get coupons.  I get a monthly coupon from them! They were very quick too!

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: Jerseygal8785

I've never head of Alaun but I did order samples from the American Wedding.  I ordered the max and when I rec'd the samples (really fast) there was a note saying one of the samples was out & they'd send it ASAP.  I had no idea which one was missing but never got it.  We ordered ours from Invitations by Dawn and got 150 invites, envelopes, and TY notes & envelopes for less than $300.   We did not do RSVP cards or reception cards (just put reception info on the invites.) I love how well they turned out and I figure they'll eventually all end up in the trash, so no point in spending too much money on them.

However, I do have a coupon code for American wedding, they continuously send them to me... Enter promo code 04081 to receive 15% OFF your next online order of $150 or more. Must order online by 04/13/08.

MrsKristenA Posts : 23 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: uno

I guess it's my lucky day!! I came home and sat down to order the invites. I had my 10% off code for The American Wedding and was prepared to push "order" when I thought "I should look for a 15% off code. BY LUCK you posted one today! THANK YOU SO MUCH--saved me an extra $30! I wonder why I didn't get that one in my email today!

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the invites we ordered tonight! You have to make sure to order the sample, though...we were going to go with the black pocket folds and were VERY disappointed when the sample came---it is just a label on the front and the paper wasn't even folded correctly! It was cheap and tacky. The ones we ordered tonight look AWESOME--but they don't look the same in the picture online!

We too considered Alaun by Design, but figured it was ultimately a little bit cheaper to go with The American Wedding.

PS: I've called TAW twice now and they've been VERY nice on the phone (one for a sample request and tonight to make sure I was doing something correctly.)

Thanks again for the code!

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: MrsKristenA

Glad I could help!  I think I got that code a few weeks ago.  It was the most recent one I could find in my e-mail trash.  I don't know if anyone else has this site bookmarked but they have a ton of code (for wedding & non wedding related things) :  http://naughtycodes.com/  I've gotten codes for free shipping on a few things from there.  Thought I'd pass it along to other brides to help out!  I know how expensive things get!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine