Any other April '08 brides?

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 369

MrsChocoholic2010 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/24/08
Re: Any other April '08 brides?
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: Belle1154

Oh yeah I cant wait. my FH and I are excited. now all we have to do is that damn dj......

It only takes a second to get lost in the moment- Heather Kemps

Time is a natural essance to the perfect wedding-Anne Mackewitcz

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsChocoholic2010

I am April 12th too! I am so beyond excited.  We are down to the nittiy gritty stuff suchs as writing the place cards, pring the church programs, figureing out the songs for different dances, etc.  good luck with the DJ!  i Can't wait!!!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: Jerseygal8785

Alright ladies I have a problem. We had a bridesmaid and groomsman in our wedding that are engaged themselves. They just broke up yesterday. Now the BM is telling me she cant be in the wedding because it would be awkward. I understand her reasoning but at the same time I am very upset. The more I think about it the more upset I get. I think Im so upset because she told me this by calling my job and telling me over the phone. That right there pissed me off. At least have the decency to meet me in person and explain things. No she called me at work to tell me this. I am going to have to make the best of this but I am really hurt. 49 days before my wedding, no problems and now this. Her dress is paid off and she paid $75 for makeup all of which I cant get back for her so she lost all that money. The dresses were about $200. It just sucks! Ugh sorry I had to vent about this. Thanks for listening.

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow...that is a really sucky situation.  I completely understand your being upset about it.  But I understand her side too.  Honestly, if I had just broken up with my FH, I would have a hard time going to a wedding soon after much less being in one.  She is probably beside herself and overwhelmed by the situation, which is probably why she tried to avoid conflict by calling you on the phone.  No, that wasnt the most mature thing to do, but she probably wasnt thinking.

My advice is to be there for her as best as you can and try not to let it ruin your big day.  You still have a beautiful happy occasion and every right to enjoy it thoroughly.   

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

I marry my prince on April 19, 2008

http://weddings.partyspace.com/dianaallen

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: Belle1154

Thanks. I was trying not to be too upset because I saw her side of it too but it just is sucky. And part of me feels really bad because I cant get her money back for her. But thats something that I cant control. We decided that its ok to have 1 more guy then girl and the 2 guys are going to walk my MOH down. So it will all turn out okay after all, it always does. I just had to vent a little.

On to something happy, I just found out we got an upgrade for our honeymoon. We are going on a cruise and we got bumped to a balcony for free. Yay!! Laughing

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Its our month ladies!!! yay, its finally here!!!Laughing

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It is so weird that it is here.  I feel like I have been prepping and prepping, and now it is almost here. 

Who are our brides getting married this weekend?

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 8:19 AM Go to message in response to: 5in3

I'm getting married in 6 Days!!! I am so excited however we had a set back with the seating chart .. . we have to redo all 200 people.  As they redid the reception room and now it seems bigger so we wanted to do smaller tables opposed to bigger tables and we already did the chart based on bigger tables. Oh well, my mom is in a panci but I am fine, i know at this point it will all work out!  Today, I am determined to pack for our honeymoon, but that means I have to do laundry first.  Oh 6 days! Laughing

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: Jerseygal8785

Jersey:

Good Luck with the seating chart.  I am sure everything will work out.  In case I don't talk to you again, have a beautiful wedding, good luck, and I can't wait to see pics.

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

SOinLOVE2008 Posts : 216 Registered: 11/8/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: 5in3

Is anyone else having severe trouble focusing???  we still have some last minute things to do like finish the programs and the place cards and I am setting a concrete timeline.  All the appointments for the week of are made but I am at work until Monday and I can't seem to get through any of the tasks that I need to get done.  My mind just jumps from one thought to the next.  It's awful!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine