APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

brideofapril25 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/24/07
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

My wedding will be april 25th 2009. i see alot of others have the same date. we started with april 4th 2009 but the site we wanted wasnt available.. we are having a beach wedding.. any ideas? congrats to all of the 2009 brides!

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: brideofapril25

Have you gotten your dress or thought of any colors or schemes/themes that you want?  Where are you going to have the wedding?  Beach weddings are GORGEOUS!  I'll definitely want to see pics!!  ;)

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

stfballplayer7 Posts : 271 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

okay, i have been thinking for a long time how to allow FMIL to be invovled in the wedding. and i think i found it. as most on here we are on a very tight and very strict budget. and i was searching on google and came across this randomly...

she can make the veil. it gives very thruogh instructions and it is way cheaper than actually buying one from the store. that and also the garter. but the garter is still up in the air what i want to do about that one.

i am of course going to run it by FH and then my mom just in case she wants to do it. i have been keeping her in the dark a little bit lately. and i am really regretting it.

the reason i thought his mom before mine on this one though is because his mom loves sewing and my mom not a big fan. we use to just buy new clothes if ours got a tear instead of fixing them.

but what do you all think?

THE FUTURE MRS. B.R. HERB  4/13/09

DennaAllred Posts : 62 Registered: 10/6/07
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

I am excited. I get to talk to the preacher tomorrow and then I get to call the venue and book the place. there is a little set back with the engagment photos. Some of them didn't turn out all that great and the photographer wanted us to come back and take more. I love those japanese perasols. I showed them to Fh and he loves them. We want to use lucky bamboo as the center peices and have japanse words that mean love and related stuff for the table names. I love the light brunch idea that is what I want to use. how do you post pictures on here with out making a link to it? anyway I found some that I love. here is the link. http://www.asianimportstore.com/flowerparisol.html

The Future Mrs. Denna Allred

www.DennaAndJacob.ourweddingday.com

Message was edited by: DennaAllred

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Sftballplayer,

I think that's a great idea so long as FH & your mom are ok with it too.  That may also help to ease her whole "you're not doing things fast enough for me" issue  :)

I hope they both agree...Keep us posted & let us know how it all goes!  :) 

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: DennaAllred

they are very pretty. i really like them as well. as for the picture thing i am not sure... copy and paste ??

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

ChevyGirl,

i will be sure to keep you guys informed. and i will have to talk to my mom tomorrow or monday because she works later tonight.. gosh, i hope she doesn't get upset...

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

I think it would be great if fmil wanted to do it. If your mom wanted to do it then have them get together and do it together. that way it would be from both and more memorable. but only if they get along.but i would bring it up to fmil as an idea that way she wont feel like she is pressured into doing it. if your mom doesnt like sewing then find something else she could do. like help make the wedding favors. i am making strawberry jam for the favors and i want my mom to help me make them. it would be mother daughter bonding.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

the copy pasting thing only brings up the like. but thanks i am glad that Fh likes them. the more i plan in his ideas the more i feel like he is a part of the wedding besides him just showing up and standing there. lol lik i said though just bring it up as an idea.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Has she expressed an interest or desire to do something like that?  Even though I don't know her, I'm tempted to say that she'll understand & not have a problem with it.  I do have one question: why did you keep her in the dark (so to speak) about FMIL & all the issues going on there?  Was it going to create more drama?

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: DennaAllred

Those are VERY pretty...It sounds like you are going to have a BEAUTIFUL wedding!  :)  Good luck & have fun speaking with the minister!!  :)

My mom is mailing us some forms from the pastor of the church where we want to get married, and then hopefully we can do a telephone conference with him soon.  That's the worst part for planning our wedding - the whole distance thing.  It'll be worth it in the end, but in our case we end up having to plan a trip and cram as much crap into those few days and then fly back.  I'd LOVE to be able to get more done, but I just can't do it from here!  LOL  :)

FutureMrsHudson Posts : 12 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

We have two friends of ours that want to throw an engagement party for us.  Who do we invite?  I'm thinking to invite everyone that is local that we are inviting to the wedding.  What is the typical number of people that are invited to an engagement party?  We are not registering for the wedding since we both own our homes and have pretty much everything for a house and for our future.  How do we handle the registry for the engagement party?

I need help with this one!!!

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsHudson

Personally, I was going to invite just the wedding party and the immediate family. It will be like 15 or 20 people. Since I still live with my parents (I know...I'm 23, out of school w/o much money) my FH and I are going to get an apartment/house this summer, and we'll probably turn our house warming party into the engagement party.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/8d168531c3fa9d71.gif[/IMG][/URL] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: kroberts

Hooray!  Another 4/4/09 bride!!!  So, the weirdest comment someone has made to me so far is this "You know you're getting married on the day Martin Luther King, Jr died.  How do you feel about that?"  Just random, eh?  So, I looked up more random facts on 4/4 found here http://board.ringsworld.com/post-126612.html

My FH and I are doing the same thing you plan on doing, just having a gathering at our place when we move in together.  We waited until we were engaged to make the move....kinda goofy and romantic that way.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 11:56 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Has anyone started the Vow to Wow thing?  I just signed up for it tonight.  I was about 20-30 pounds lighter when I met FH.  I was modeling, and although not a fitness person, I was able to eat well & stay active so I looked good.  Since we've been together, he cooks a lot & often gives me BIG portions.  Not to mention that due to a bad back, I've become much less active.  I do NOT like what I see in the mirror.

I know I'll need all the motivation I can get  :)  Anyone out there live in the Vegas/Henderson area?  It'd be great to have a workout buddy!  I'm looking into gyms tomorrow to see what I'd be paying monthly for a membership....I have got to do something!!  :)

Anyway, any feed back on vow to wow, any motivations, or if you're near me & want someone to work out with....Just let me know  ;)

Thanks ladies!!!  :) 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine