A truly backless corset or bra???

Online Users: 1,332 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

karmagirl Posts : 11 Registered: 4/16/07
A truly backless corset or bra???
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 6:14 PM

My dress is completely backless…has anyone seen any undergarments that are backless…besides the stick on bras?

brideincanada Posts : 133 Registered: 1/30/08
Re: A truly backless corset or bra???
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: karmagirl

karmagirl, try the lingerie departments at some of the major department stores or a lingerie boutique.  I wore a backless dress a couple of years ago as a BM and was able to find a low cut bra that worked.  It was a kind of corset style with a back that was about 1-1/2 inches above the waist, which could work if the dress isn't extremely low cut in the back.  If it is extremely low cut try asking your seemstress to sew cups into the bodice.

DPandME Posts : 24 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: karmagirl

I've seen some bras that aren't backless but the part you actually snap together is so low it's almost on your lower back. I tried to do a search for it but am not finding any good pictures to show you. I'll keep searching and post on up. Also ditto about having your seamstress sew some cups into the liner or the dress itself. That will give you some extra hold and support. If it's very low cut toupe (sp?) is also a VERY good idea! You can make sure you're all tucked and taped without worrying you're flashing every 5 seconds.

DPandME Posts : 24 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: DPandME

That meant to say toupe tape...

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

heres the the thing...I dont need the bra for support...I am a 34 nearly B and need some cleavage for my dress...I guess that when I bought my dress two years ago and weighed 15 pounds more I acutally had cleavage in my dress but I think that I lost 10 of the pounds in my chest:)...heres my dress...any suggestions?share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AbtmzVk1cMnMg

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: karmagirl

I don't have any suggestions for a backless bra, sorry. But we are wearing the same shoes. Are they comfortable? Mine haven't come in yet... I ordered them over a month ago! I have this big fear that they are going to be too big and I don't want to wait another 6 months to reorder a new size... when we've got about 6 weeks to the wedding! That would be a huge stress, a few days before the wedding and not having shoes.

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

You could just put in a privacy panel and then wear a normal low back strapless bra!
DaisypathWedding Ticker

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

How weird...I JUST saw an ad in Glamour for a new backless bra last night! It's made by Maidenform...I know that JCPenney carries the brand b/c I used to work there...but I'm sure other dept stores have it too...Dilliards, Macy's, etc...Hope this helps.

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=71471

Good Luck :*)

On May 15, 2010, I will marry my one and only

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I just looked at your dress...this bra will not work for you...it has straps! When you said backless I thought of a completely bare back...V-neck front with a very low cowl neckline in the back...vivid imagination here...anyways...sorry I couldn't be more help. I hope you find something :*)

On May 15, 2010, I will marry my one and only

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

I tried the shoes on in a bridal shop...for $160.00 to get the size....they run about a hlf size big....so I ordered them online for 85....the little crystals come out VERY easy...but a little super glue and a toothpick works great....well I would't say say comfy...but a 3 in heel isnt my idea of comfy...i like new balance shoes...anyway... i bought shoe inserts for the heel because I have a narrow heel and it sorta slipped out of the shoe and an insert for under my toes because my feet slip foreward too much...any other ?'s...please ask

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: karmagirl

I bought mine for $95. I wouldn't have paid for them if I didn't think I'd be able to wear them again. (A general theme for my wedding... everything has to be reuseable.)
Oh good... I'm glad the crystals come out... Undecided
When I was trying them on, I was trying an 8 1/2 I think because they didn't have my size in stock. She put little pad sole inserts in them as well, because she said since there is no straps actually over your foot you are more likely to slip out. With the inserts it helps keep your foot in place.
I think mine are going to be too big, because I went in for my first fitting two weeks ago and my shoes still weren't in, so she checked my order form and found me a another shoe in my size with a 2 1/2 inch heel (or whatever it is) and that shoe was HUGE on me. I'm going to be very upset if I have to reorder them and it takes so long again.

audreylynn3 Posts : 9 Registered: 4/8/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: karmagirl

What about having push-up bra cups sewn in? That's what I plan on doing when I take it to get it altered.

Good luck!

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: audreylynn3

With a corset back this really is the best idea -have bust cups -or even double bust cups- sewn in at an angle that will give additional cleavage.

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

what about this one?  it is a victoria secret bra

the ad says it can be worn 100 ways- one of which is strapless (and it comes in white)

or this one

but it doesnt say that it be worn "strapless"  it has one of those clear straps... but it is a push-up

I never thought I would find you, and now that I have I dont ever want to lose you.

Forever and always

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: karmagirl

I don't know when it's coming out but I just heard Maidenform is coming out with a backless bra for busty girls.  You may want to check out their website.
Kiss 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine