waxing????

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 8
waxing????
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 10:55 PM

has anyone here ever got a bikini wax???How much do they actually wax..??? (sorry if tmi just wondering...) does it hurt horribly and is it worth it??? opinions please, i wanna look good, would it be best to shave/or any other ideas???? thanx

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Re: waxing????
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i get horrible horrible razor burn! so i have decided during bikini season all 10 months of it to get a Brazilian wax. The difference between he two as i understand it is that the bikini will only remove your bikini line not everything. The first time was a little painful uncomfortable to drive wear tight pants for a few hours but after that it wasn;t too bad. I found it to be more hype then it actauly is, although pain has never been a big issue for me unless its a damn paper cut :-) After the first time the second time was easy i knew what i was getting myself into. I would suggest if you are going to do it, get it done professionally! i tried doing it myself it only made it more painful because i had to go over the area more times then is needed. Also dont wait for the last min to try this out! Try it 2 months ahead of the wedding so you don't have an allergic reaction to it, that wouldn't be pretty or comfortable

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

Youve given birth twice so it probably won't hurt. I agree with PP - give it a test run two months ahead. In terms of it is worth it - average will last 4 - 6 weeks which means the last few weeks before your wedding you won't have to worry about it. I am going to wax everything i can for this reason. If you don't like it for whatever reason dapilatories (spelling) are a cheaper alternative last about a week and arevless painful than razors which also give me razor burn

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

thats cool, thanks for the posts. yea i figure if i can give birth with NO PAINKILLERS....i can do anything lol....super me away lol jk yea i think im gonna try it...so with the braziliion one does it remove.EVERYTHING or leave some???

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Pretty sure the Brazilian is everything. There are also some other waxes inbetween everything and regular but I don't know the names. I almost forgot important fact - you need at least 1/4 of hair to wax or it doesn't come out right. Thats the worst part - growing the hair.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Brazilian will remove everything! Let your hair grow out to about 1/4 of an inch and it itches like crazy!! Which is the most frustrating thing for me. Make sure you have a good clean salon to go to ask around town

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Breeze4 Posts : 24 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

When they remove EVERYTHING, it's actually called a Hollywood or a Sphynx. A Brazillian leaves a small strip (sometimes called a landing strip) at the top. Most do this because that area is said to hurt the worst.

I agree, the grow out it the worst if you've been shaving. If you've never shaved "brazillaian style" then just trim it to 1/4 inch before going in for the waxing. Get it as close to 1/4 inch as you can. Any longer it'll be more painful, any less and the wax won't adhere to the hair inorder to remove it.  After you've waxed and it grows out again it will be soft and won't itch. However; the hair grows in 3 stages, so it can sometimes take 3 times for it to be it's softest. Though it won't even be close to the prickly-ness shaving. The other great thing about waxing, is that it damages the papilla (or root) of the hair which diminishes the growth, eventually the hair will just give up and stop growing. I've been waxing my legs for about a year and a half and hardly have any hair left.

Anyway, I'm an Aesthetician and waxing's my thing :) I love it. So that's my reason for the indepth waxing info. Hope it helps!

Blessed with her Prince Charming

Awaiting the big day 10-4-08!

AshandAaron08 Posts : 6 Registered: 4/29/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: Breeze4

I've never had anything waxed before and am very interested in getting a brazilian before the wedding.  But problem is I'm getting married July 19th, 08 so I don't have time to do a trial run before.  I'm sure I can handle the pain; I have a high tolerance.  But how soon before the wedding should I get one and is there a reason I really shouldn't get one since I haven't tried it before?  Please help.  Thanks!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine