YELLOW...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Bride2BeN2009 Posts : 27 Registered: 1/4/08
YELLOW...
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 12:02 AM

Hello, I was just wondering what kind of flowers you ladies would put with a pastel yellow bridal party. The only thing I picture is daisies but I didn't know if that was too boring and cliche...what other types of flowers would you pair with that color? I am thinking of Canary from David's Bridal. Thanks!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: YELLOW...
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeN2009

You could easily do mixtures of orange, yellow, peach and white.  Look for arrangements online.  I was able to purchase a Better homes and Gardens Flower Magazine - Best $10 purchase EVER.

Daffodils, Dahlias, Sunflowers, Lilies, Daisies, just to name a few different flowers available in yellow or various shades. 

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeN2009

I can send you all kinds of ideas to go with yellow. Just contact me through my website. Of course, you can use yellow or yellow/white flowers, or throw in an accent color or a colorful mix. There are many ways to go.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

wannabeNurse2 Posts : 55 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeN2009

I'm doing yellow calla lilies with yellow roses and white lilac or yellow calla lilies with white gardenias. There's even yellow lilacs, but I think that would be too much yellow. I talk to the florist tomorrow. So we'll see which one I can afford for my bouquet. My matron of honor is going to carry ivory calla lilies with yellow tulips or yellow calla lilies with white stephanotis (spelling). The boutonniers are going to be yellow calla lily for the groom, ivory calla lily for any other men with variations in greenery for the grandpas, dad, step dad, etc. The women are going to get yellow or white rose corsage. As centerpieces we're going to have yellow mums. This is what I am doing for my wedding provided the florist doesn't give me some better ideas. If you want to find more yellow flowers google yellow flowers, or look through the flower guide on www.theknot.com It's another wedding site just like this one, but I think their flower guide is more informative. It tells you when the flowers are available in what colors and what their affordability is.
DaisypathWedding Ticker

Bride2BeN2009 Posts : 27 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeN2009

All of your ideas sound great, ladies. Thanks!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine