OMG, I'VE BEEN BIT BY THE BUG. . . UPDATE!!!!

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 43

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
OMG, I'VE BEEN BIT BY THE BUG. . . UPDATE!!!!
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 11:12 AM

. . . THE BABY BUG THAT IS!!  Surprised

I'm still "shell shocked" to say the least.  I just had this "sick sense" of something going on with me last week.  No matter what I did, I was ALWAYS tired and lethargic (sp?).  I really could not sleep good and just had NO ENERGY what so ever.  On Friday I started calculating the days from my last period til then and found that I was actually late (3 days).  So at first I thought no sweat.  The normal range is usually between 28-32 or 35 days right?  Well Saturday, came no aunt flo, Sunday came STILL no aunt flo.  THEN I got hit with this funny feeling, and I said to myself "something is NOT right here!" 

I told DH and he asked if we should get a test and I told him yes.  WELL, I tested Sunday evening and within SECONDS. . .POSITIVE!! WHAT THE?!?!?  Surprised  But then I thought, ok, maybe JUST maybe it was a false positive for a number of reasons. . .  but I couldn't think of any! LOL  I am NOW (7 days late), tested POSITIVE for the baby bug and I am making an appt with my doctor ASAP to get more specs.  I just wanted to wait an extra day or so JUST IN CASE aunt flo shows up. . . but I doubt she will.  In Jan, she was a little weird. . came late and left early.  Feb, nothing out of the norm. . . then again now that I think about it.  She did leave kind of early then too.  OH DAMN!!  So what does this mean. . . I'm probably like 2-3 months gone and didn't know.  OMG!!!!  I've been taking medication for heart burn in Jan that my doc prescribed to me.  I hope that does NOT affect my baby!!!! 

I really need to get this appt FAST, FAST, FAST, FAST!!!!

I'LL CHECK BACK WITH SPECS SOON!!!  SurprisedSurprised

Message was edited by: RoBelle

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Re: OMG, I'VE BEEN BIT BY THE BUG. . .
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

I hope everything turns out like you want it to Robelle!  What an exciting yet nerve-wracking few days for you, I'm sure. Smile

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

I will keep my fingers crossed for you RoBelle! I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Dear RoBelle,

Yep, that's what happened to me. I was totally clueless.

Then, one day, I said "Hmmm.. My belt on my dress is too tight. I'm feeling a bit nauseous all the time. I haven't had a period since I can't remember. I've been really tired. And, now, there's this weird lump right under my belly button. What could that be? What could that be?" (Duh.)

When the doc told me I was 2 1/2 months along, I nearly fell off the examining table. That was as much a shock as finding out it was not one but TWO.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Wow, Robelle...I'm excited for you!  Reading your post, I was starting to get goosebumps....I'm definitely going to check back on you.

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Aunt, you reminded me of how I "cursed" my FSIL.  I went out to dinner with FH's family.  FSIL was 9 weeks and already showing.  I said to her "Damn, I knew you had a flat stomach before and all, but this is kinda ridiculous...that is one big baby!  Or maybe it's twins!"  Everyone laughs.  FSIL went to get her first ultrasound the next day...needless to say, I am now an aunt to the two cutest (and chubbiest) twin boys in town!

RoBelle...I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news, but pregnancy tests are rarely false positives.  False negatives are possible (urine too diluted, not enough hormones yet, etc), but those tests are pretty reliable.  There are a very select few medical conditions out there that can cause false positives, but it is very unlikely.  I hope your doctor gives you the news you want to hear!

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

congrats, that is great news! i know one thing that made me sure as well is u will have to pee 50 million times a day...and your breasts will be very tender. what kind of test did you use. They are pretty accurate now. I know even the health department uses E.P.T tests. thats what i used, they are like $10...you could alwasy do anyother test if you are unsure.

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Well congratulations to you!

Don't worry, I'm sure that the baby will be fine. There are lots of women out there who don't find out until they are 2 or 3 months along. My favorite is when my mother found out she was preggers with my younger brother. My family had gone to Hershey Park and mom is a huge roller coaster fan so of course she rode as many as she could. Then a week later she finds out she's 3 months pregnant. She freaked out because she thought she had scrambled his brains. He's 17 now and his brains aren't scrambled any-well, that's a matter of opinion Tongue out. I'm pretty sure she'd also had a few drinks and she smoked too. She always quit that when she was pregnant though, once she found out.

So yeah, now that you know about this you know to stop taking heartburn meds until you find out. The baby will most likely be fine-of course always ask the doctor though, just to be sure. Good luck!

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 9:24 AM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

WOW thanks ladies!!!  LOL

AUNT ROTFLMFAO!!!

Well I did use the EPT, I tested again this morning just to make sure and THIS test didn't even WASTE TIME you hear me showing TWO LINES that says I'm pregnant.  LOL  It was like "GIRL STOP PLAYING. . . YOU KNOW THERES A BABY IN THERE!!!!"  LOL

SO. . . as it seems, its official.  WE'RE HAVING A BABY. . . BABY!!!

I need to find an OB/GYN because my husband recently started a new job with new insurance and our old doctors are not covered on this new plan.  So I'm freaking out having to choose another provider and hope that I find one that is good. 

2bmrswarner:  You had me lauging so hard because the SAME exact thing happened to me TWICE with my two older girls (one born April 1 and the other April 18).. . . I was pregnant, did not know it and those summers I went to all of these different amusement parks like six flags, dorney, etc and went on a rollercoaster frenzy.  With both pregnancies, I found out in Sep and BOY was I having a FIT!!! I thought I had done some real damage and felt REALLY BAD, BUT they were both born very healthy and I was happy!!!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Ro - what is your insurance? Maybe I know someone or could recommend.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

HI JEN! 

My insurance is Empire BlueCross BlueShield. 

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

OK OK, I GOT AN APT THIS EVENING AT 6:45PM WITH A VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DR'S OFFICE!! 

WHEW. . . Now that, THAT'S done, I can breath easier. 

Can you believe as I was calling around to book apts, I kept telling them that I am a new patient and JUST tested positive for pregnancy and I was told by three offices that I won't be able to get a new apt for NEW patients until JULY!!!! I'm like DUDE. . . I JUST tested positive for pregnancy I have NO clue how far long I am and I have to wait til JULY!!

SMH!!!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Well there are two things you know for sure.  1.  You are having a baby.   2. The baby will not be born in April. 

Congrats on your new baby.   I hope this one is a boy.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

^^^^ LOL, THANKS!!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Ro, congrats on your new little bundle of joy!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine