Confessions

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5,855

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: Confessions
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

LMAO...This has got to be the best thread ever!  :)

One of my confessions is that I regret not having "met" Kelley earlier...She's more my type...She is the man of my dreams!  LOL  :)

Confession # 2 is that I too am a bit of a stalker.  I read a lot of these, but only creep out every once in a while  :)

Confession # 3 goes back to the superhero comment.  My FH's Super Hero name is Gas Man.  I don't think that one needs any explanation!  :) 

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

springorchid Posts : 176 Registered: 4/8/07
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Confession 1) I too was seeing someone else when I first met my FH.  Oh, and I was smashed the night we met.  So smashed in fact, that my bff, at the time, thought we should visit friends rather than go out.  We left that part out to the parentals.

Confession 2) I bet there are people on here who think I'm batty for calling him my FH even though he hasn't officially proposed yet (though the ring is ordered now).  I would think I was batty too.  

Confession 3) FH's bf/rm tried hitting on me the first few times we met, while FH was there (FH too was with someone else in the beginning). 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Oh I totally took the opporunity of registering for newer nicer things.  I lived on my own for a few years and the stuff I had was really the stuff I could afford.  And come Christmastime every year I'd realize I had no baking sheets so I'd have to go buy them. And even last year I realized I never got my rolling pin off my registry so I had to go buy one! Thats how I stocked my kitchen for the last 2 yrs!

And I only had 4 plates and 2 of them were chipped. I also had lovely walmart "silverwear" that was starting to break! So now that I have 10 nice place settings which matches everything it feels nice. And I can also have people over for dinner and not have to worry about running out of plates and forks! (which happened!!)

Also even though we currently live in a 1BR, we registered for stuff that we would need down the road when we got a bigger place. So I have so much stuff that's still put away that I cant wait to get out when we move in 2 months and USE!! 

Confession:  My desk neighbor is back from vacation and I am already annoyed. It was nice not having her here and it being quiet. Also my co worker came back from visiting her long distance bf in another country and I think they broke up and I didnt ask because I dont wanna hear about it...is that awful!? Can you tell I dont agree w/ that relationship?!

Formerly Ama102707

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I confess:

On Friday evening, after a night out, FH and I had 'relations.'  I have NO RECOLLECTION of the event.  I got home, changed my clothes, and went to bed.  FH said something in the morning and I said, "WHAT?!" 

I'm sure that, at the time, I made a conscious decision to engage in the aforementioned activity with the one person I trust most, but it's weird, and a bit scary, to think that my brain just blocked it out. 

It makes me feel for young women who land themselves in much more dangerous situations...

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

We got married last year (4/21/07 to be exact).  I confess that I have 3/4 of our shower gifts at my parents house.  When we moved in together, we kept the best of both of our stuff.  and thew away anything that was crappy.  We don't have the room to store everything where we are now. 

When we get our new house, we will break out the rest of our shower gifts. 

I also confess that we used the shower gifts before we got married.  Washed the sheets/towel & the kitchen stuff.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I am new to this forum, well new to all the forums, but I am ready to confess. My confession is:

I think Artbride's post on page 4 on the 10 Ten Signs You Are Addicted to Brides.com is so brilliant and so funny that I would like to steal it, repost it another forum where she would never look and pretend its mine. Clearly now that I have told you, I cannot do that. It really is a shame it is buried in this thread. It should be reposted. And then I should read again as its only been a week and I am addicted and my husband already diagnosed the addiction. Is there a forum for treatment?

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Art - The stuff I registered for is mostly upgrades too or stuff that I haven't gotten around to purchasing. I had my only shower on Saturday and while people bought off the registry, the didn't bother scanning it when they checked out. So this morning I had to check a bunch of stuff we received off. And I confess that seriously annoyed me. HELLO - You just give the registry print-out to the cashier!! Geeze!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

It is so funny that you all are talking about this.  Yesterday, morning I was watching Nigella Feasts and she was making all of this chocolately stuff and all I could think is...WE HAVE TO PUT ONE OF THOSE FANCY CUISINART MIXERS ON OUR REGISTRY!!!  I love those things!  I don't even bake that much and usually it's prepackage stuff.  But I still want one!!  lol!
Kiss 

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

Tanis - THANKS! I forgot I had even written that, (though I had fun coming up with it at the time), so you probably could have gotten away with posting it on another site. Even if I did see it, I'd think to myself, 'Hmm...that sounds like something I'd say. I like this Tanis person.' By the way, I'm totally PSYCHED that people still read the old parts of this thread, too! I had also forgotten all about Kelley's super-fantabulous tiny penis. Seriously, Kelley - HOW COULD YOU LET ME FORGET ABOUT THAT? I've spent some of the best nights of my LIFE with that penis! :)

Awww, and Randi's infamous 4 pages of 'I love fucking my cousin.' Forgot about that, too. Good times. 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

You are welcome ArtBride. You can see from the 8 minutes between your post and my response that an intervention is clearly needed. I need to go back and read the top 10 again. I did hear about Kelley's penis. Maybe she was using some of the testosterone cream that Christine on the New Adventures of Old Christine was using on tonights show. That would explain the penis and Kelley's slightly manly style of humour. Sorry Kelley we haven't met yet but I can tell from your posts you can handle it. Watching tv also demonstrates my ability to leave the forums for at least half an hour a day. Okay I am going to find out about these cousins.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 11:29 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Oh right - I had a confession.

First of all, I should be in bed. I got home from the dress store and dinner about an hour ago and tried to go to bed. But then I remembered that one of my bridesmaids mentioned that she had posted a message on our wedding website, so I had to get up and check to see what she wrote. And then when I got there, I saw that we had THREE new messages today, which was exciting. So then I reasoned, 'Well, if they went to the website, then maybe they checked out our registries, too, and bought us some presents'...so I had to check the registries (for about the 5th time today). No such luck, though. So then I came here because I don't feel like getting back in bed.

I have another confession, as well. This one is pretty funny (I think). Let me preface this by saying that I had a perfect driving record before moving to the DC area. Since moving here, I've gotten 4 tickets in 4 years - not for speeding, but for RIDICULOUS violations. 

1) Ticket for turning right on red during rush hour at an intersection where you're not supposed to (still haven't been able to find the sign that they insist is there)

2) I got one of those tickets that they mail you for running a red light. I think they photoshopped the picture, because I have NO IDEA where this was. It was definitely my license plate number and no one else drives my car, but I don't think I've ever been to the intersection in question. Totally confused. Maybe I'm one of those people who sleepwalks and goes outside and drives their car.  

3) Warning for 'following too closely' during RUSH HOUR in HEAVY TRAFFIC, when EVERYONE is a foot away from the car in front of them. (I think the cop was just jealous that my car is cooler than his)

4) My personal favorite, and most recent one: A summons to traffic court for driving on a road that is apparently HOV-only during rush hour. Not just one lane that is HOV, but the ENTIRE DAMN ROAD. According to the cop who pulled me over, it is common knowledge that this road is HOV only during rush hour. Ok, so tell me, PLEASE....WHY IS IT THAT ONLY 3 OUT OF 25 PEOPLE THAT I ASKED DIDN'T KNOW THAT? And yes, there's a little HOV-symbol painted on the ground as you go up the on-ramp, but once you see it (if you even see it on the ground), it is TOO LATE to get off the road! That was annoying, and traffic court SUCKED.  

Anyway, I'm sorry, but it REALLY annoys me to get pulled over, have the cop say, 'Do you know why I pulled you over?' and to HONESTLY answer, 'I have no idea.' The last time (the HOV thing) I said, 'Speeding?' 'No, ma'am.' (explains the HOV thing) 'SERIOUSLY? REALLY? Are you messing with me?'

Anyway - the point of this story is that for 4 years, I have ranted and raved about getting these tickets. Every time, my FH (who has always been very proud of HIS perfect driving record) has said to me, 'Well, you just have to pay better attention when you're driving,' which prompts me to start ranting about the ridiculous rush-hour only laws and how the signs don't make any sense. So here's my confession: I laughed SO HARD last Friday when my FH came home from work ranting about getting a ticket for turning left at a 'no left turn during rush hour' intersection. Yes, having to pay a $91 ticket two weeks before our wedding when we have MANY better things to spend $91 on certainly sucks....but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT to finally be vindicated. 

I managed to stop myself from gloating TOO much, but I think my silence was even better. After ranting for about an hour, he looked at me and said, 'Would you just say you told me so and get it over with?' THEN I laughed. A lot. Awww...six months in DC and he got his first ridiculous ticket. It was a whole YEAR before I got my first! Hehe

DaisypathWedding Ticker

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Speaking of traffic court.  FH and I went with his brother on a speeding ticket that he got and it is April fools day.  So, one attorney came in in the middle of the hearings and started stating about a couple of people that were not even there and saying that the attorney that was doing the cases messed up on some important dates ( the judge was in on it).  Anyway, the attorney started stammering and finaly said that he would take care of it as soon as these proceedings were over,  all the while looking at his callendar and flipping through the piles of papers in front of him.  The guy looked really concerned that he really screwed up and that is may effect wether or not someone went to jail, because he screwed up.  It was so funny when the other lawyer continued on about it and really had the poor guy looking confused and a bit scared and just said at the end of his long speach like it was just part of the speach "and it is April fools day.  HaHaHa."  The poor attorney looked like he was going to pass out right there.  Everyone in there just busted out laughing.

Then after that we went on break for 15 minutes and when we came back there was another attorney that took over for him and it seemed that he couldn't read the charges very well  so he looked at the defendant and said "how do you plea to this huh-huh what ever this charge is."  Now that cracked me up too.

Happy april fools day.

Christy

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

My confession is that I was engaged to someone else the first time FH and I kissed.  His family has no idea I was even engaged before.  Long story short he continued to pursue me and I dumped the former fiancee within 3 months (he was a total ass anyway) and started dating FH.  Less than year after that we were engaged!

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Right before my surgery, my grandmother told my mom to call me and tell me to take the tag off the van that she  gave me and to take it to her machanic for him to hold for her when she came back.  She told every one before she moved to Florida that she was giving me the van, because she wanted to make sure that I had reliable transportation, ( she doesn't like FH, and she is the only one in the family that doesn't like him, everyone else says that he is like a dream come true for me.  They all knew my exes.)  Any way, I was going to do it, but then I had my surgery and didn't have time.  Well, while I was on bed rest my grandmother started a bitch rant about me and FH, and how we didn't do what she wanted us to do with the van.  My mother told her to shut up, and jumped her ass about how Fh is the best thing that ever happen to me and that she was sick of hereing her accusing us of steeling and doing things to cause her greif.  And she said that I was on bed rest from my surgery and when I recovered then I would do it, but she was not going to get me all stressed out over her bs while I was trying to heal.

Even though my mom says that she has never told her mother to shut-up before and it broke her heart to have to put her mother in her place.  I confess that it just tickled me to death that my mom finally put the old bat in her place. 

When she was accusing me of steeling from her, I told her that my man makes $2000 - $3000 per week and he buys me everything I want and need,  I don't need her junk and I don't want her junk, and in the mess that she has in that house that she has noone could find anything worth steeling, if there was anything worth steeling.  It just pisses her off that everyone in the family stands up for me and says that none of them want the junk in her house.

The woman is a pack rat from hell.  In that house of hers she has a path from her bedroom, the bathroom, to the sink and stove in the kitchen to her couch in the living room and with the junk on her couch there is only room for her to sit on her couch.  When she was living in that house and had company she had to clean out a chair so they could sit down.  I am glad I didn't inherret the pack rat part of her.

And to think that I loved that woman so much that I named my daughter after her.  My heart is really broken over the whole thing with her, but I am also so angry that this woman that I thought was the best person in the world would treat me the way she did.  And to think there was a time when I was with my ex-husband that I thought that I wouldn't ever see her again and now I wish I hadn't.

Christy

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

Let's keep this one going.

So I've been trying to cut sugar out of my diet (no sugar in coffee, no honey in tea) type of thing now for about 2 or 3 mos.  I've gotten used to the taste, but sometimes I miss my sugar in my coffee, damnit!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine