I am DEVESTATED & in tears!!!!!!!!

Online Users: 1,236 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 35

gregsgirl Posts : 252 Registered: 12/19/06
Re: DEVESTATED & in tears!!!!*UPDATE*
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWestphal2be

While not on the same level as having my reception location stolen, (and good for you towgirl, for being really irritated but being able to move on!) I just thought I'd throw in my experience with the hotel we blocked rooms at for my wedding. I called them practically right after I got engaged, knowing full well it was too early to book, but just to find out when reservations opened. I definitely wanted this particular hotel because they provide free shuttle service to our reception site (only one of three that does this, and the other two are kinda dumpy) and they were remodeling so the rooms would be super nice. The reservations woman kinda laughed at me and said they didn't even have access to the booking system until 50 weeks prior to the date, and that I had a long wait. (I called in January and wouldn't be able to book until October.) That was fine with me. I wrote the date in bold across the front page of my planning binder so I wouldn't forget. The weekend before the bookings opened I went there to be sure that the remodel looked as nice as the proposal pictures. It did. I told the woman giving us the tour how much I wanted the hotel and the honeymoon suite (of which there is only one), and how I planned on being first "in line" on Monday. She also seemed amused by how excited I was and basically told me it would be no problem, even if I called in three months. I left my name and phone for the woman in charge of group bookings, whom I had spoken with several times by this point. (I'm sure you all know where this is headed.) Lo and behold I call on Monday morning and am informed that the room block is not a problem, they have plenty of space, but the honeymoon suite is already booked! WTF! Apparently another couple is having their reception at the hotel and thus they were able to book before me. I was so mad! I mean, I understand why that couple got priority for the room, but why wasn't I told that weeks before? I thought about booking a different hotel, but then I would have had to arrange transportation for the guests and everything, so I just sucked it up. I am "waitlisted" for the suite in case it becomes available, but that seems highly unlikely to me. Grr....

wisgirl Posts : 115 Registered: 9/11/06
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

That is a really good point cyclistlover,  towgirl might even want to consider limiting the amount of flowers they use in decorating and using candles or something else instead.  I temped at a florist one year for Mothers day and they were crazy busy, they said Valentine's day was even worse.

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: wisgirl

I had a meeting with my florist right after this VDay and they said that ALL flower prices stay high until about 2 weeks AFTER the holiday.

If it were me, I'd be looking at wholesale flowers and crafty family/friends...

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: I am DEVESTATED & in tears!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You have ever right to be mad however . . .get over it! It's a wedding and it could be on Christmas or a birthday or on a tuesday or friday the 13th . . .it doesn't matter the date it matters you both are in love and no date/month/holiday will change that!  Good Luck planning!

and boy do I hate that term Bridzilla - girls have a right to be upset, they dream of this moment all their lives and want it to be perfect, I know i will probably get b*tched at for saying this but i feel the only people that say and use that term seriously are not brides and dont understand . .. every bride has their moments and that is the territory and right of every bride - (just don't be one all the time) Smile

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: Jerseygal8785

I just want to add my kudos to the classy way your have handled this disappointment. Of course you were upset--but you moved on and I think made great decisions. Your venue sounds perfect, and your FH sounds wonderful. I for one would not resent a valentines wedding but would find it a romantic way for my husband and I to celebrate love. Your colors will be lovely and its a lovely gesture to remember your mom. Be good to yourself during this time--Bridezilla??? No, way. But still grieving--sure. Sorry your mom isn't here to help you through this--but as another mother of the bride I can tell you I bet she's proud of you!!!

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You are not being a BRIDEZILLA!  Do you really love your venue?  If that is something you can't compromise on, then let the date slide.  I think the purple will look great no matter what time of year!!  Keep your head up, girl.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine