the things children say

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 40
Re: the things children say
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This one happened at my friend Mandy's recent wedding.

Preacher: You may kiss the bride

Flower Girl:  God says they can kiss now and have babies!

LMAO!  I hope her mom explained to her that a) you shut up in church, and b) kissing doesn't make babies.

Llama Jjammies

BriansBride2008 Posts : 814 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's the little things they say that really crack me up too...

One day when my daughter was about 3 we were at the store and the lady behind the counter .......

lady...  Oh what a cure little girl you are.

Abby..(with hands on hips) " I AM WOMAN"

We laughed so hard.......  Where do they come up with this stuff....

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

I AM GETTING TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!! YEAH!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

My poor brother couldn't make the TR sound when he was a kid, it came out as an F sound.  And he got really excited every time he saw a truck.

My mom loves to tell the story of my brother hollering about the "BIG F*CK" in the parking lot while they are waiting for Mass to start.

Oh, and my uncle used to yell "Ice cream man" when they rang the bells at Church for Bennediction. 

My most embarrasing one is when I was about 3.  I was in the grocery store with my mom and saw a rather large woman shopping.  My granny also happened to be a rather large woman.  So I piped up in my high-pitched 3 y/o voice "Look Mommy that lady is as big as granny is!"  My mom wheeled the cart around and left the store, all the while lecturing me on how inappropriate it is to comment on a person's size.  I just thought the lady was like my granny!  LOL.

Llama Jjammies

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is not what kids say but what parents do....  and yes I was the parent...

So we are in the grocery store, and well you know how they put all that candy at the check out...  Well my son used to always grab for the candy, so one day while we are shopping out of the corner of my eye I see this little hand going for the candy, I instantly swat at it, only to look up and see the woman behind me with a very startled look on her face.. Oh man I was so morridified, she started to laugh and said it was ok she had kids too.... Talk about wanting to just leave my cart and run....

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

GlamBride08 Posts : 101 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

These stories are absolutely adorable! I'm cracking up! I have to tell you all my favorites from my sister and I when we were little.

When were on our way to Virginia Beach for our first family vacation. My parents were afraid that my sister (about 4) and I (about 6) couldn't handle being cooped up in the car for the 8 eight hour drive so they stopped often. They stopped at a gas station about five hours into the trip and my sister got out of the car, put her hands on her hips, and boldly exclaimed "DAD, if you don't never quit stopping we're never gonna get there!"

I was at my grandparents house for Sunday dinner and my grandfather was explaining to me that he was going to pick me up from kindergarten the next day, and telling me all the fun we were going to have at my grandparent's house until my mom could pick me up. After he finished talking I looked him straight in the eyes, pointed to his car, and said "You're not going to pick me up IN THAT, are you?" LOL! 

The future Mrs. Skaggs

When is my wedding

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Ok, that one made me shoot diet coke out my nose Briansbride!

Llama Jjammies

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: MrsLewis

When my newphew was about 3 or 4 he was watching a Daffy Duck video & somewhere in the movie one of the characters says "how about a little one on one, babe" (they were playing basketball in the video.

So Dominic (my newphew) turns around and says to my sister (his mom), "How about a little one on one,babe". 

Then this was my personal favorite saying when I was little no more than 5.  I would say "Hurry Hurry mommy, take your time".

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

So this isn't my story it's my brothers but I still laugh everytime I hear it

anyways my brother was about 4 or 5 and him, my parents and grandparents were all sitting in the living room watching tv. Well a grey pupon ad comes on the television and afterword my brother (Ryan) gets this really upset look on his face. So my grandma asks what wrong and Ryan says "Why would anyone want to put poop on their sandwich?"

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWhtrse04

My grandmother drove my litter sister (10 at the time), my little cousin (4), my even littler cousin (3), and me (11) to the Jersey shore once in her matchbox-sized car.  My grandma drives like...well, like a grandma and a two hour trip turned into four and a half.  About three hours in my little cousins start fussing because they are cramped, tired, and bored.  So my grandmom starts rummaging around in the car for something for them to play with.  She hands the 4 year old her grocery list and tells her to "read" it to us all.  As she is reading, the 3 year old grabs it from her.  The 4 year old starts shouting "GIVE IT BACK, GIVE IT BACK, ITS MINE!!! MOM-MOM TELL HER TO GIVE IT BACK!"  The 3 year old looks her sister right in the eye, smiles, tears the list in half, and tells her "There.  Now you have two."

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsSass

Oh man, reading over these just reminded me of 2 more things my daughter said....  this girl kills me....

Abby (age4) ~ We are eating dinner in a restaraunt when this young couple walks in with a very new born baby.. all of a sudden Abbys starts crying hysterically....  I am thinking oh god what is pinching her, when I get her all calm down, she yells why did those people get in our car and take my baby...  I think the whole place started laughing in that isn't she cute laugh.....

Abby (5 yrs old) ~ Again out to dinner at one of those buffet places..  We are standing in line....

Abby (to a 14 year old girl) - Is that a baby in your tummy?

14 year old - Yes it is

Abby - Is your daddy mad at you?

14 year old - No why

Abby - Because my daddy would kill me....

That one is still my favorite....

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsSass

I've worked at two day care centers so I have tons.  But I have two quick ones to share.

My great-grandparents love this one.  When my dad was little (prob 4 or 5) the bus would come to the house to pick him up.  So, one morning the bus drivers honks the horn...and he bursts out the door before anyone can walk him.  I guess my grandmother was in another room.  He runs to the bus, "My momma said I don't have to go today.  Thank you!"  He turns around and goes back in the house.  The bus is off down the street.  When asked why he didn't get on the bus, he says, "I told her you said I didn't have to go today."  My grandmother didn't have a car and had to wait for the bus driver to get back to the school to come all the way back and pick him up...AGAIN.

My stepdad, played semi-pro basketball.  He would go to the gym and take me with him.  So, the guys are playing and cursing up a storm.  And being the little sponge I am, I soak it all up.  There is a little boy who livese near me, and comes by to play all the time.  I'm 2 or 3 at the time.  So, the little boy, Billy Wayne decides that today is the day to show me his weewee.  He is outside sitting on the window sill talking to me through the screen.  He pulls it out and I yell "Billy Wayne, you betta stop f*ckin with me!!"  My mother had company at the time...and my little voice echos down the street.

One of her proudest moments...I'm sure.  Innocent

Kiss 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine