$10,000 budget

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
$10,000 budget
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 1:00 PM

Ladies I need you help my FH husband and I are planning a wedding for July 29th 2010 with a 10,000 budget it's a small wedding of 50 people or less. My FH and I are still young so we pushed the date back till 2010, we will both be 21 by then and hopefully have saved enough money to plan our wedding. I have always wanted to get married on the beach, but i don't know if that is possible with our budget. I've heard some places require you to have a permit for the beach and that can run you up $10,000, which our whole budget obviously that not going to work. At the end of the day I honestly don't care where we get married as long as I get call myself my FH's wife. Does anyone have any money saving ideas, know if it is even possible to have a beach wedding for 10,000? Please Help. Any advice welcomed. Thank you ladies.

DoubleGreen Posts : 285 Registered: 8/12/07
Re: $10,000 budget
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Check out this webpage with a listing of California state parks beaches included and get some quotes before you give up on your beach wedding.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23428

mandynos Posts : 36 Registered: 3/25/08
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

well, if you get married on the beach you may be spending less money on your and your fiance's attire, less fabric. if geting married on the beach is what you want then you'll have to find ways to save up as much as you can until then, put away as much as you can each week/month. There's a budget tool on this website that is really helpful as soon as you find out the exact amount it is for the venue it can help you tweek the remainder of your budget.

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 2:31 AM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Stop getting worried about what you've "heard" and get some actual facts. What beaches are near where you live? Or where you want to get married? Find out about those specific beaches. It's probably either a public beach or a state park. A public beach is usually administered by the county government.

HisQueenB Posts : 94 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

$10,000 for a permit to get married on the beach is crazy! My FH and I are getting married on the beach and it cost us $30 for the permit! Go to ask.com or google and seach weddings on ca beaches.. Im sure you will find that you can get married for a lot cheaper than that on the beach. To me, with a beach wedding, you can get married a lot more inexpensively than other weddings.  You can go simple on your dress , his attire, decorations (you have the scenery), and much more.  We orginally had a budget of $5000 but are actually spending at most $3000 on our wedding!! If you need any other help... just let me know... i know some great websites that you can get beach themed wedding accessories from that are very inexpensive!

Beepo Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

Wow that's so awesome - I love the style.

goldelox20 Posts : 152 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: Beepo

Permits on public beaches in So Cal are $50-$100.  Generally you can't serve alcohol on public sites though (but this is also helps you save money in your budget).

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine