bridesmaids?...

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 5

stfballplayer7 Posts : 271 Registered: 3/17/08
bridesmaids?...
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 5:00 PM

okay, i don't keep very close friends. so i was thinking of having my 2 sistes and is sister as my bridesmaids. would it be okay if i do that considering they are younger than me (ages 17, 16, and 15)? i know that i can't put a whole lot of pressure and depend on them too much since they do have school and not really any idea on how to plan something this big. what should i do?

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: bridesmaids?...
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

I think that would be great if you asked them. They seem old enough that they could handle everything.  I don't think you should expect them to do anything.  If they offer, fine.  But if not, don't ask them to do stuff.  Just remember that it is your wedding and they are there mainly to support you and to have a great time.  Maybe see if an aunt or two can throw a shower WITH the other girls?  That way they will have some guidance.

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

I agree, it would be lovely to have the sisters be the BMs, and since they're so young you'll need to cut them some slack regarding "duties" -- although you never know, teenagers can accomplish a lot if they get enthused about something.  And what better training for the day when they will be a bride?

Still, you'd probably be wise to keep your mother and your FH's mother in the loop, as the parents will be footing the bill for the BMs' dresses etc. (right?).  This would also be a good idea so that just in case any "Maidzilla" behavior starts, the Mom can step in and help mediate the situation.

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

2BMrsLewis Posts : 126 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

I think that it is a GREAT idea to have his and your sisters as bridesmaids. I have three younger sisters and they all will be my only bridesmaids. I think that (since you are young) it will something that will help set the tone of your relationships to come. I think that you will find that in time you will most likely have a closer relationship with your sisters than you do now and having them as your bridesmaids will help that bond. And just because they are young doesnt mean they wont do anything to help. My sisters are 26, 25 and 24 and I havent had much help at all from them, so age doenst mean everything. I think you are making an excellent choice!

stfballplayer7 Posts : 271 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: 2BMrsLewis

i know that they will help out it's just that my one sister the oldest of the 2 likes to be controlling and if it's not her way she will throw a huge fit and makes a scene. i'll have to work it out with her i guess...

THE FUTURE MRS. B.R. HERB  4/13/09

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Yep, you will just have to keep her in line!  Good Luck!  LOL! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine