I know maybe kelleyiskelley would have an original idea!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
I know maybe kelleyiskelley would have an original idea!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 11:58 PM

Need a theme for our Jack and Jill party.

Any ideas?

Re: I know maybe kelleyiskelley would have an original idea!
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

HaHa don't mean to call you out, but you're frickin halarious!

BriansBride2008 Posts : 814 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

what is a jack and jill party?

BB2008

AUGUST 16, 2008 

I AM GETTING TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!! YEAH!!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Hehe...Thats okay. If youre calling me out to tell me Im hilarious; then call me out all you want LOL. I have to second the question though.. what exactly is a Jack and Jill party? Is it like a coed Bridal Shower? Or something else. Never actually been to one. Also; if I know a bit more about YOU and your FH (if thats who the party is for), then its easier to come up with theme or mood ideas. You know,you dont really ever NEED a theme. Sometimes just having an overall "feel" for what youd like as far as atmosphere is more than enough. I think themes work ONLY when they are genuine passions. Example of Good Theme: You love old movies and are a huge film buff; so you incorportate movies and Old Hollywood into your wedding. Great! Makes sense. Example of Bad Theme: Acorns and Eggshells. Why? For no particular reason. But EVERYTHING from the food to the music to the decor MUST be about acorns or eggshells. WHY???:)lol.

Time for BL5!!! And here come The OLD MARRIED FATTIES!!!!!

Stay tuned for The Aisle Runner's official website...LAUNCHING THIS APRIL!

GO YANKEES!!!

Photobucket

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Jack in Jill is instead of seperate Bachelor/Bacherlette parties. So it's a co-ed party.

Okay to give you an example my BM thought we'd go to Darcell's.  Which is pretty much a male strip club but they're dressed as girls and the guys will get the bride her gifts and the ladies will get the groom his gifts.  Well and she also wanted the guys to dress like ladies and vice versa.  K~FH would never go for the drag strip club so that's out.  I do like the swaping out who gets the other sex a gift thing but other than that it's out.

Acorns and eggshells?!  good stuff.

It's kinda just a crazy theme for both of us to go out together for a fun night out.

Thanks!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

OK. Maybe its due to the late hour or the fact that Im typing in the pitch dark while DH tries to sleep; but Im lost on the whole "bride gift,groom gift" thing. Never heard of that. Not sure what you mean. You get gifts at your Bach Party? Maybe a JackandJill is different... I am just not familiar with that part of it,so I cant help much there.

I also hate stripclubs and dont drink much either. I know, Im a real BLAST huh? LOL. But thats just not my thing; so I guess I dont blame your Fh for not being thrilled on the Darcells idea. There are soooo many fun things you can do for a coed night out though... heres a list of ideas,depending on where you live and what you LIKE doing:

a. Nice classy dinner at a fave restaurant

b. A concert in the area, play,or show of some kind

c. Bowling, Rollerskating,or something else FUN and interactive

d. A camping overnight somewhere or night at a small Inn

e. An acorn and eggshell eating contest. Kidding.

f. PAINTBALL!!!! This is what we did for our coed Party... sooo much fun, cant recommend it enough. If youve never seen it,its like guns filled with paintballs that you shoot each other with. There are places that run paintball games... you break into teams and fight each other..its sooooo much fun.....

For us,that followed by an amaxing dinner at our local Steakhouse was pretty much the best night in a long while.

Time for BL5!!! And here come The OLD MARRIED FATTIES!!!!!

Stay tuned for The Aisle Runner's official website...LAUNCHING THIS APRIL!

GO YANKEES!!!

Photobucket

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

We had thought about going rollerskating or ice skating as part of my friend's b'rette party.  Then we realized just how uncoordinated some of the girls were.  We didn't want anyone going down the aisle on crutches!

Llama Jjammies

litlbit Posts : 192 Registered: 1/19/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

Three things come to mind that work well for mixed groups:

1.  Something competive like paintball (already mentioned), bowling, mini golf (in teams), laser tag, etc.

2.  Food and drink.  Everyone likes to eat. Most people like to drink.  Throw a big group dinner in somewhere and you can't go wrong.

3.  Karaoke.  Preferable after some alcohol has been had.  People loosen up after drinking...

Another option could always be some of the newer fun board games.  Scene It, Apples to Apples, all kinds of games, at a house with food and drinks.

Hope this helps!

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks for al the ideas!  I especially like the bowling/ mini golf.  Really think that'd be awesome to go camping for the night but that may require more time than we had planned for it.

Yeah, well usually the bride gets naughty gifts for the bachelorette party, but yeah you're right I don't think the groom really gets any for the bachelor party.   Never really thought about that.   Hmmm, really never got why we had to have a theme anyway. 

Thanks again!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine