Confessions

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5,855

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Re: Confessions
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The funniest thing just happened.  Sad too.  FH called me and he was telling me how much he missed me and loved me and then fell asleep on the phone.  My poor baby is so tired.  I had to hang up because he wouldn't wake up.  I tried calling him back so he could get his phone on charge, but it was no use he was sleeping heavy.  He was snoring on the phone.

Christy

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

Hey, my heart goes out to you. Big Hugs. Can guys keep in touch by email?

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

We are wanting to get a laptop so he can take it with him on his out of town jobs.  And web cams.  That way we can talk to eachother and see each other while he is out of town.  We just don't have the money for it right now.  I have to pay a $140 light bill and a almost $400 cell phone bill.  I am waiting to pay the cell phone bill, because they are suppose to be disputing that bill, because our bill is 2x what it is suppose to be.  We have me, FH, his brother and old lady and his mother and our kids are sharing a phone, all on the same plan and it is only suppose to be around $200 per month, but for some reason every month it is over $300.  And we can't get anyone else to pay the damn thing.  So FH and I are stuck paying the whole bill ourselves.  It really sucks.

Christy

CyndiGravino Posts : 14 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

lol thanks for the smile... that was cute

CyndiGravino Posts : 14 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

lol thanks for the smile... that was cute

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: CyndiGravino

Hehe - Kelley, I LOVE the trainwrecks, too! I know we've talked about this before, but they are SO FUNNY! You know what I miss, though? Following them as they unfold. I LOVE refreshing the page to see 12 more BRAND NEW indignant replies! I hate it when I have to WORK at work...and I've been SO BUSY at work lately. I'm not even going to get into it, but I didn't even have time today to walk ACROSS THE STREET to the post office to buy some stupid heart-shaped stamps!

By the way, I'm not sure whether I should be talking to you, Kelley. I've heard that you're not all that nice. And you're OBVIOUSLY a virgin, and I just DON'T TALK TO virgins!

(Alright...I know Kelley got the sarcasm there, but this is my disclaimer for anyone who doesn't know me very well who reads that: I'm making fun of someone on one of the train-wreck threads. I don't really think Kelley is mean and I have no beef with virgins.) 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 3:53 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Christy, a webcam is a great investment! My FH is out of town one week a month, sometimes two. He set up skype on his laptop and on my computer and got us a webcam each. So we can 'phone' each other and not pay anything but the normal internet rates we are paying anyway. I can't tell you how much it helps to SEE him on the screen! Last time he got our cake toppers while he was away, and he was showing them to me over the webcam - it was so great!

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

Christy, you should get a Mac. On top of everything else that makes them SO MUCH BETTER than PCs, they come with webcams built in. Their base price is generally more than a PC, but you don't have to buy all the extra crap that you end up buying with a PC, since the Mac comes with it all anyway. I heart Macs. 

I confess that I'm mad at my coworker's daughter for getting me sick. I've never even met her, and she's just a little one (2), but I'm really annoyed that she brought home germs from baby-school...which she gave to her dad...who brought them to work...which prompted me to catch whatever it is...which made me SICK during a particularly busy week at work...which made me even SICKER because I've been burning the candle at both ends. I'm thinking about getting a flu shot next year (I never have before, since I generally don't get sick much due to my obsessive hand-washing habit), but since almost ALL of my coworkers have children under 5, I'm thinking it might be a good idea from now on, since this is the 4th or 5th cold I've gotten this winter from someone at work. What's worse is that I don't even work all that closely with any of the germ-infested parents! I don't know how I keep catching their colds when I see them maybe twice a week.  

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

You all know I am a parent so I take airborne it is over the counter and it helps prevent airborne illnesses like colds.  You take one a day like a vitamin and it really works.  The only time I really get sick is when the weather is constantly changing.  I haven't ever got the flu shot, but I heard that sometimes it makes people who are well sick.

I confess that I am really excited right now, because when I wake up in the morning FH will be home. Yeah for me.  Unfortunately, I still have 3 more weeks of recovery and can't make love until then.  Damn it. 

We are talking about moving to Texas.  FH said that is where the most money is, but we are going to keep at least one item going to his moms so he can still get his perdim.  That extra $65 to $100 per day is a great help.  Anyway, if he lives in Texas he will not get it, unless he has mail going to an address outside of the state, so we already have some mail going to his mom's so we will leave that mail there and put everything in my name in Texas, if we do move there.  Then we will get to see each other since he will be working in Texas for a while.  However, that is up in the air.

It is funny  that we talk about doing a lot of things, but when it comes down to it we usually don't do it.  But I would really like to do this one, so I will be able to see him more often.  It will also save him and his brother hotel money, because they will be sleeping at the house.  Food money too, because I will cook and fix them lunches, so they don't have to go out all the time.  It cost them so much just to eat and then $300 per week on a hotel.  We will discuss it more when he gets home.

Later,

Christy

nickakels Posts : 71 Registered: 1/3/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

confession: It's 4 1/2 months til my wedding & I haven't tried on  a single wedding dress yet! (ok, if you count FH's mom's retro dress & his sister's blah 4-sizes-too-big dress I've tried on 2)

I want to go dress shopping so bad! Maybe I'll have time over spring break. 

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

Christy, I've been using Airbourne for a few years now, and I love it, too. It has worked GREAT for me in the past...and I teach college kids who live in dorms and have ALL KINDS of icky germs! But this year, it just hasn't helped...and every cold I've gotten has come from one of my coworkers with the young kids. I'm getting pretty annoyed, because I don't have separate 'vacation time' and 'sick time' - it's just 'paid time off.' And I had it all ear-marked for the wedding and honeymoon, and for the 900 weddings I have to go to this summer...so I can't take a sick day and I'm PISSED! I hate working when I'm sick. 

Sorry. I just have NO PATIENCE with being sick. I'm a total baby about it.

I didn't have a confession. Just wanted to say hi.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Oh God!   Please don't tell me that one day it is going to quit working.  NOOOOOO.

I got to talk to my brother today and I haven't talked to him in a while.  It was really great to finally get to talk to him.

Christy

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

Haha - I don't think it stopped working. I think I'm just dealing with a massive amount of super-powered baby germs. Too many people I work with have babies and I'm just not used to them. Either that or it may be THE FACT THAT THE WEATHER CAN'T MAKE UP ITS MIND! Seriously - one day it is 70, the next day it is 30. I would REALLY prefer spring right now, but I will settle with a simple commitment to one season or the other. Really - I can't stand this! I'm not a 'watch the weather report' kind of girl. I prefer to HAVE SOME IDEA about the general SEASON of the year, based on what the weather has been like recently. But this is driving me crazy! I don't know whether to wear a sweater, wool coat and scarf...or short sleeves and open-toed shoes! And I need to know! My wardrobe simply can't handle this seasonal indecision!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Art,youre right. You really shouldnt be talking to me at all since I am SUCH a horrible person lol. The virgin thing made me laugh cuz it was so ridiculous; but what was even funnier is that she said I was soooo mean in so many posts; and then I came back and asked her to please point out ONE post where Ive been a mean and horrific person;and suddenly.. tumbleweeds. Nothin. Uh-huh. Thats what I thought.

Happy Easter All. I confess I REaLLY wish I was home right now with mommy and daddy. This is one of those moments where I feel like a child; just wanna be with my family. Well DH is my family too,but I WANT MY MOMMY!!!

Time for BL5!!! And here come The OLD MARRIED FATTIES!!!!!

Stay tuned for The Aisle Runner's official website...LAUNCHING THIS APRIL!

GO YANKEES!!!

Photobucket

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I hear you on the wanting mommy, Kelley. The ham sandwich my FH made for me isn't NEARLY as good as my mom's homemade ham.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine