NWR: I am 21 what drinks are good?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
NWR: I am 21 what drinks are good?
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:33 PM

Alright it is my 21st and some friends and FH are taking me out for fun. I have never liked alcohol, especially beer or hard liquor. I know I am so un-american haha. All I drink is water and juice so I think I just do not like the taste of things that are really powerful. I also hate hate hate coffee. 

However, I am going to drink some, so I was wondering what you ladies can recommend. What drinks are not so damn strong and disgusting? I know I probably sound like I am 12 years old haha. 

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Re: NWR: I am 21 what drinks are good?
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Everyone is a virgin at some point and time...it's ok.  I don't like hard liquor either.  Some of my favorites:

Amoretto Sour
Amoretto w/ Pineapple juice
Long Island Iced Tea
Margarita
Daquri
Sex on the Beach
Bailey's
Liquid Cocaine (I know it sounds potent, but it's yummy)
Rum Punch
White Russian

Basically anything with juice or milk.  I try to avoid white liquors.  I especially think that Grey Goose it too strong, maybe Malibu in one of those tropical flavors.  And DON'T mix your liquor!!  That will get you twisted really quick.

Kiss 

GlamBride08 Posts : 101 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

A daiquiri (they come in many flavors) is always good :) And  you can ask the bartender not to make it too strong. My personal favorite though, is amaretto and coke or amaretto sour. It's kind of a sweeter alcohol. Have fun, and Happy Birthday!

The future Mrs. Skaggs

When is my wedding

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

I like cherry cheese cake-- Vanilla & a splash of cranberry juice

dream cicle-- vanilla & orange juice

sex on the beach

strawberry smirnoff or other flavors

wedding count down  

jess143 Posts : 153 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Whatever you do...don't mix. If you are going to try something with vodka...stick with vodka. This was sooo hard for me to learn!! But once you realize this, going out will be much more fun.

marrying my prince 9/19/09!! 

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Happy Birthday!

One of my favorite drinks, that doesn't tast like alcohol AT ALL is called a cream pie.

It's made with vanilla vodka, pineapple juice and 7 up.  Mixed in equal parts.  Super yummy!!  (Oh and you can also add a splash of either grenadine or cranberry juice to make it pink.)

Have fun, and what the OP said is true, don't mix your alcohol, it's bad news!!

The Old Married Fattie Schmatties think they can overcome Plannin' a Wedding While Loosin' Our Asses, but it's  going to be Loosing Weight while we Wait that comes out on top!

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. ~The Notebook

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Ok, a few things you might like, but first, a little alcohol education, so you're not heaving into the toilet.

Don't drink beer or wine and then hard liquor.  Don't mix types of alcohol (ie, tequila & vodka) if it's really sweet, it's more apt to give you a hangover.  NEVER go to bed still drunk, and always drink a glass of water at the end of the night.

Ok, now that I've done my PSA, here are a few amazing drinks:

Frou frou girly drinks (ie pseudo martinis. Warning,  these are strong, but don't taste it.)

flirtini

chocolate martini

key lime pie martini

Other drinks:

Daquiris, margaritas, mudslides -all frozen drinks.  Daquiris have rum, margaritas have tequila, mudslides have liqueur (ie, sweet stuff)  DON'T mix them.

fuzzy navel (peach schnapps and OJ.  Good "training wheels" drink, and tasty too!) 

Port.  This is a sweet heavy wine, but it's meant to sip, not to chug.  best for after-dinner, not a night of drinking.

Kir, Kir royale -champagne mixed drinks. 

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Amoretto Sour is a yummy favorite!

A couple other tips:

- Drink water before you start drinking alcohol

- Eat something, drinking on an empty stomach is never good

- Stop drinking before you think you should. If you wait until you feel really drunk, you've probably drank too much!!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Thanks for the warnings. I have drank before and just didnt like anything and since I am under 21 I never bothered to try much. I will not mix things and die in my own vomit tonight haha. I just want to have some drinks and enjoy myself. 

Basically I have learned from you all to try anything that has a fun name and sounds sweet haha. I am sure I will find something out of the list you all have made that I will like.  

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

For shots, buttery nipple (just trust me.) For a drink that looks sophisticated, go with a vodka tonic, only use a flavored vokda (like Absolute orange).

A couple of things just to know: 1) liquor before beer, you're in the clear; beer before liquor, never been sicker. 2) drink a glass of water in between drinks to keep yourself from getting too "wasted" and 3) At some point one of your friends will suggest that try a long island iced tea.  You'll try it and think "Yum.  This doesn't taste like alcohol at all!" So you'll order one, then two, then three.   The next thing you know, it'll be noon the next day, and you'll have a fuzzy mouth, and a dim memory of the night before, and a head that weighs 1,000 pounds.

Believe me.  It's happened to me.  More times than I should really admit.  

Vote!  http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I love a lot of the drinks mentioned above, but one I really like that wasn't mentioned is a Midori Sour.  It is very tasty!

Have fun!

Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

LOL!!  MsD, I'm with you on the Long Island Iced Tea.  In fact, we're going to see Avenue Q tonight (tour is in Boston) and there's a GREAT part in it with the Bad Idea Bears are talking about Long Island Iced teas...

Yaaaaaayyy!!!

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

You haven't lived till you have had a Vodka Frozen Coke or Slurpie as you Americans say hehe. I get the raspberry flavoured one from the Gas Station or 7Eleven and then add my own vodka hahaha They are sooooo good!

Also Malibu and Pineapple Juice is mine and my best friends fave drink..... cant get enough! 

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Ohhhh, those bad idea bears.  I love the line when they're convincing Princeton to spend the money his parents gave him on a six pack instead of just one beer -- cause it costs less per beer!  You're saving money!

Vote!  http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Congrats on joining the 21 crowd, I just joined on monday!! Malibu baybreezes are good, but not if you dont like coconut. If you want shots, pineapple upside down cake is amazing, and its pretty much all juice. Have a great night!

Photobucket

Losing weight while we wait!!!! Go team!!! 
 Wedding Date-(?) February 13/14, 2010!

Can't wait to be a Mrs!

Catherine

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine