Young brides...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,278

nickakels Posts : 71 Registered: 1/3/08
Re: Young brides...
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

OOH! FG dresses! All I'd looked @ was David's, but penny's & sears are just as pretty for $35-80! (easy to search on their site too).

PS, there's a pic of us on my profile now!

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 1:05 AM Go to message in response to: nickakels

Usually everyone pays for their own outfit because then it is theirs to keep. So the flower girls mom should pay for her dress. What I am doing is sending everyone a card and telling them what to buy and how much it is and by what date they should do this. I also want them to go with me to do this. However, you might be past this step because it is part of my official asking people to be in the wedding. I would suggest just calling up her family and asking when they want to get her fit and tell her the dress you chose is so much. If the parents have an issue they will probably say something. If they refuse to pay for it for some reason just decide if you want to pay for it yourself or not. Most people are fine with buying their outfit and just do it. However, some brides are really well off and can pay for everyone's stuff which is great but not practical for all brides at all. 

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

we've been quite lately girls! But honestly I cant think of anything to share right now. Other than school sucks and is really stressful and we're too busy to have sex which makes us even more stressed!! darn. I keep wanting to skip school work and address my invitations but I can't, I think I'll do it on Friday night when FH is working late.

how is everybody doing and how is the planning going? any breakthroughs or setbacks??

DaisypathWedding Ticker

SammiAnn Posts : 114 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: ILoveMyCoastie0...

Finally!!  It is SO nice to get to talk to other brides who are young like me.  When I get married, I will have JUST turned 21 and my FH will have JUST turned 22 (our birthdays are on the same day-May 30-a week before the wedding...June 7, 2008).  We have been together for four years and engaged for almost 2.  My family has been completely supportive throughout the entire thing.  There only request was that I continue going to school (which I am).  It is the random people who don't even know me that erk me SO bad.  They constantly say "Aren't you a little young to be getting married?  Shouldn't you wait a little bit?"  It aggravates me because they don't even know me or my FH.  We are both very prepared for our future and always keep up an open communication about what our expectations are for the marriage.

As for the FHs in the military, mine is not.  However, we will be living about 2 hours apart for the first few months of our marriage as I have to finish school...unfortunately he cannot move up to school with me because of his job.  How is it being newly married and not having your husband with you?  Any suggestions on making it easier?

June 7, 2008...here I come!

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: SammiAnn

I am happy to see that someone bumped up the young brides thread! 

Just wanted to let you all know that I am EXCITED because tomorrow we are signing the contract and paying the rental fee for our ceremony/reception site! Now I can have an official date, which will be June 14th, 2009! I am so excited to tell people a real date when they ask me when I am getting married! As well, MOH and I chose the bridesmaid dress. It is a bit early for that and we wont have anyone order them or anything but it is so nice to get things underway.  

For those of u that are curious the dress is F12732 in clover. 

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: SammiAnn

Hey girls! I just wanted to let you all know I finally talked to my fiance on the phone! He sounded so much more grown up! I cried like a baby when we got off the phone! Only 20 days until I get to see my Marine!!!

Also we have changed our date back to December 27. That way we will be able to move in together right when we get married. Plus having only 3 months to plan just was too hard to come up with enough money and my sister is getting engaged this weekend!! AHHH!! I am so excited for her! And she wants a summer wedding so I wanted to help my mom out financially with my wedding! Anyways! Thats all I wanted to let everyone know!

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 12:05 AM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

sammi - none of us are actually married yet so I guess we can only tell you what it's like to live away from our FHs. I bet the girls who have FHs in the marines will have lots to say, although this thread has been really quite lately and I fear it is past its due date! anyways, my only advice will be to talk as much as possible, over the internet and by phone etc... My FH might be getting a job in Alaska which would be 4 weeks in and 2 weeks out, we don't know what we will do! It will be hard, but absence makes the heart grow fonder??!!!

FMR - That sounds like a good plan - moving the wedding back, not just for living together right away but for having more time to plan!! Glad you got to talk to FH, when FH and I first got together he went to Europe for 2 1/2 months before I went because his parents were living ther (for a military posting in London funnily enough) and I bawled every time we spoke on the phone. and I also often burst into tears randomly, I know its different because your FH is serving his country but I empathize!!

Not much new with me - i'm addressing invitations like a mad woman - I'm hoping to get them all done so i can mail them on monday. Anybody else doing invitations yet? I didn't realize how much I was going to have to spend on postage - $85 so far!!!

Lets keep the thread active ladies!!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

I am so sad this thread seems to be ending! I hope we can breathe new life to it! I am not addressing invites to my wedding,but to my brothers and I am also throwing a bridal shower for my FSIL! She and I have been friends for a really long time, so I am addressing invites to that and boy it is expensive and a never ending process!

Sammi as for not living (seeing) my fiance! It sucks! Badly! I have talked to him once in 2.5 months!! AHH! But I get to see him is 18 days. Once he is outta boot, it will be better! We will talk to eachother on a daily basis and I will fly down and see him once a month! Which still sucks but its only 7 more months and in the big picture, thats nothing! But yeah I hate it! But you just have to look to the future! And the future is what is important!

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

The thread is dying...let's breathe some new life ladies!!! lol.

So I just emailed FMIL with the programs and invitations that I designed. I'm going to print out copies and take them with me tomorrow when FH and I go over there for dinner. Then once she gives the okay, I'm going to start printing and working on the labels. Yay!! I'm so excited!

I have my veil now, which is awesome, and I'm going shopping with FMIL, and the FG's family for the FG dress in a couple weeks, and we got FH fitted for a tux today. We went to Savvi and they gave me $50 off per tux because I'm a mall employee so I upgraded the guys to microfiber shirts and added shoes in, and altogether each tux will be $93. I was SO happy with that!! So tomorrow on my lunch or break (or whatever I get) I'm taking my fabric swatch up there from the bm dresses and deciding on vest and tie colors. I'm either doing silver on FH and green on the GM or white on FH and silver on the GM, or a light silver on FH and a dark silver on the GM. Not sure yet. :) What makes this difficult is that two of the GM are Marines and we aren't sure if they'll be here or not. So...we may be changing things up right before the wedding. But we have a couple back-up GM and ushers just in case. :)

Oh!! FH's grandma found these rose petals in a catalogue that are printed with different words--wedding-related words, I don't remember them all--and a really good price on bubbles, so she's ordering those for me. And...I don't know. Over spring break I'm going to be on a mission to get the votives and do some wedding shopping. So I'll be updating frequently.

And my FH's aunts are throwing me a shower on June 7th. I'm so excited!!!

I can't believe it's almost here!!!

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Deedsbride Posts : 69 Registered: 5/8/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 1:25 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Hey girls!!! I am not sure if I have already posted on here but I would love to chat with some other young brides. I am 20 and fh is 19 we will both be 20 when we get married. We have been together for 4 years and engaged for 2 years. How is all the planning coming along!

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

FMR-  Wow!  My fiance and I get to see each other at least once or twice every two weeks and we talk on the phone a lot, so I couldn't imagine only talking to him once in 2.5 months!  YAY that you get to see him soon!  You are a very strong person and your FH is very lucky to have someone so supportive.  You're right...looking to the future is what makes it seem ok.  I think that in the long run, it will all be better for us as individuals and as a couple.  I completely agree with the saying that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  It really helps you grow in a totally different way with you FH.

As for planning, I, too, am getting ready to address invitations...and am NOT looking forward to this task.  I feel like I have so much to do for school that addressing invitations is last on my list...yet it needs to be done!  Well...next Saturday, that's what I'll be doing...invitations.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

FMR-  Wow!  My fiance and I get to see each other at least once or twice every two weeks and we talk on the phone a lot, so I couldn't imagine only talking to him once in 2.5 months!  YAY that you get to see him soon!  You are a very strong person and your FH is very lucky to have someone so supportive.  You're right...looking to the future is what makes it seem ok.  I think that in the long run, it will all be better for us as individuals and as a couple.  I completely agree with the saying that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  It really helps you grow in a totally different way with you FH.

As for planning, I, too, am getting ready to address invitations...and am NOT looking forward to this task.  I feel like I have so much to do for school that addressing invitations is last on my list...yet it needs to be done!  Well...next Saturday, that's what I'll be doing...invitations.

FallenAngel516 Posts : 7 Registered: 8/5/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: ILoveMyCoastie0...

I am also a young bride. My FH and I have been together since I was almost 15, almost 5 years now. I'll be 20 in August and he'll be 22 in September. I'll most likely be 21 when we get married, he'll be 23 (we're not sure on a date yet). So far, I feel like our families are against it, or they just dont care; his mom has said like nothing about it, when shes normally so over the top about everything. My mom wants me to wait a few years after graduating college (we're planning for the summer after I graduate). my sister and my mom always criticized my sister's friends for getting married right out of college (shes 25 and has been with her bf for 7 years, but they dont want to get married anytime soon). By the time we get married, my FH and I will be together for 7 years. But when things start to bother me, I just look at my FH and realize how happy I am and nothing is going to change. We're going to have the money the year I graduate; why wait any longer when we've known almost our entire relationship we were going to get married?

It's wierd Coastie. My name is Kassie too, althought I spell it Kassi. It would be even more wierd if your FH's name is Nate too! lol

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: FallenAngel516

Welcome all you new ladies! I am so happy that you are all here!

Natesbride-Im so sorry you feel like your family is against you! It really sucks because the most important people are against it. I know how you feel. My side of the family has been great, but his family, well that took some convincing! It will get easier I promise!

Sami-what does your Fh do? I cant remember if you already said that or not!? It takes a lot to not see your Fh everyday but you just have to make it work! After all thats what marriage is about...compromise!  

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 7:02 AM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

FMR-He is currently working at a plant in our hometown while taking classes to become a firefighter.  I am two hours away at school right now...not far, but not really close either.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine