NWR-Anyone ever try Proactiv

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: NWR-Anyone ever try Proactiv
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I used it for a year or so. I really only saw a difference a couple of months into it and then towards the end of the year it did not work at all. I now use the Tea Tree Oil line from The Body Shop. I like the facial wash, scrub and mask.

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

I heard too many Proactiv horror stories so I decided to try the Patricia Wexler, MD acnostat line from Bath and Body works. I use the scrub twice a day, the night lotion and the spot treatment. I still have a few pimples, but over all my skin is WAY healthier and clearer looking. And if you don't like it, you can take it back for a refund/exchange.

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I used it back a couple years ago and it worked wonderfully.  I was to the point where I wanted to cry when I looked in the mirror each morning because there was a new nasty pimple thing looking at me.  It got it under control thank goodness.  Now if I feel a "tumor" zit coming on (the ones that thump when you bend down) I put Neosporin on it. It doesn't stop it from coming it helps quite a bit in making it's life MUCH shorted.  You should try it. 

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door

AND

Llama Jjamas

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Oh CL, Im glad Im not the only one with the pounding pain zits.  Thats the worst when I bend down...KILLER!! How about when they wake you up in the middle of the night when you shift around? Always a good time.....
Daisypath Ticker

CapeCodBride08 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/9/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I tried it for a while and hated it, it actually made my skin worse, and ruined my towels :-) I geuss it's different for everyone

CapeCodBride08 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/9/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

I forgot, I finally went to the dermatologist and got a percription for Ziana, which is a clear cream, and so far it's worked for me :-)

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: CapeCodBride08

Ama - my skin has never been THAT bad, but I've been getting some wedding stress acne for the past six months or so. I've never really had to use anything other than a normal, medicine-free cleanser and toner to keep my skin clear, so I figured I didn't need any strong medicine. Anyway, about 2 months ago, I finally said, 'Fuck this. I know it's not that bad, but I feel like I'm 16 again and I do NOT want pimples on my face for my wedding when I haven't had them in ten years!' So I got some Proactiv and it worked WONDERFULLY. It dried my skin out a little at first, so I adjusted my routine. I only use it once a day - it dries my skin too much if I use it twice like they tell you to. 

Anyway - my skin really wasn't very bad, so I can't say whether another product wouldn't have worked, but Proactiv has worked well for me. It got rid of my stress zits, anyway - Whoohoo! 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Soon2bMrsL898 Posts : 64 Registered: 7/15/07
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Hello I also use proactiv and when you first use it, it does bring pimples to the surface, I asked a good friend of mine who went to a study when it 1st came out and she stated she was told that it was suppose to do that. It will bring everything to the surface 1st and cure it and as you cont. to use it you will see it really start to work. Now I do not use it every day I use it 3 times a week and between usage I wash my face daily with Netrogena soap. My mom tells me all the time that she can tell the difference in my face.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine