ROFLMAO..at me!! So...what's that new spandex girdle thing??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
ROFLMAO..at me!! So...what's that new spandex girdle thing??
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 4:53 PM

So, I'm thinking..my belly and hips aren't getting any smaller here in the next couple of days!!..lol!!

But what is that new spandex thing that everyone is talking about? I think I might need one...I hear they're pretty darn slimming!!...or what else is out there!!

HELP!!  LOL

jess143 Posts : 153 Registered: 8/15/06
Re: ROFLMAO..at me!! So...what's that new spandex girdle thing??
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

spanx. You can get them at nordstroms!

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: jess143

I've heard Target has a similar thing.  I've helped put one on a friend, it did wonders for her (not that she was big but it smoothed everything out). 

odeakc Posts : 70 Registered: 11/7/07
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

I agree. .Spanx is the way to go. I believe they have a website too. Spanx was on the Oprah show. After the show, I bought a pair and LOVE them. Hides my belly and tire that hangs over the jeans.

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

This is similar to what I bought to wear under my very form fitting dress for my daughters wedding. I didn't want any panty lines or bulges. I absolutely love it! Lol, my dh does too!

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50475&CatID=51885&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=10efa0d&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50475|51209|51885

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

Spanx are also sold at Lane Bryant stores....here is the link

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/mercado_search?keyword=spanx&pagesize=12

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: marty08

Spanx will make your hips and belly get smaller instantly!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: marty08

I use Assets, theyre at Target. Usually I am in a rush to grab them and Target is closest for me to run to. I LOVE them. My luvhandles are my problem area and Im always self concious. Theyre $20 for a pair and theyre so thick that you can hand wash them and wear them A LOT since they wont rip easily. I even wear mine under my work pants sometimes if Im wearing a more fitting shirt. best invention EVER!
Daisypath Ticker

CelticBride08 Posts : 4 Registered: 10/20/07
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

I know that this might be the world's dumbest question, but I visited several websites that sell shapewear, and something occurred to me...If you get a spanx or some other shapewear, what happens on the wedding day and you have to go to the bathroom. I can't imagine getting out of and then back into a body shaper easily. Is there something that I am missing? I would reeaaaalllly love to get one, but I don't want to have to worry about my bladder. AH!

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 9:08 AM Go to message in response to: CelticBride08

I have the same question - how do you guys get in and out of those things??  I have one myself.  The crotch is removable and all, but wouldn't that make a mess?  Plus, last time I wore this, I wore panty hose underneath it, so I had to get both of those down.  Does anyone have any 'tricks?'

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: BB84

lol!!...my girdle is on the way!!...crud..I didn't think about having to go to the bathroom..oh well..if it makes my tummy smaller and my hips a little thinner..I'll figure it out!!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: marty08

Ergh...I'm sure it will be difficult enough to pee in my dress without having to undo the crotch of a girdle! Wow, that's funny! How do they attach at the crotch? Is it velcro or buttons or something? I imagine velcro would be more comfortable than having buttons in that area, but I'd hope that the scratchy part of the velcro would point AWAY from my skin! Hehe...I never thought I'd post a message on the internet that read, 'Is it velcro or buttons at the crotch?'

Ok, so I have another Spanxx-related question, for anybody who has them or wore them for their wedding. What type did you all get? I'm totally perplexed by this Spanxx stuff. Some of them look like underwear that just goes up to your boobs - I think that would drive me insane, so I would probably get one of the 'girdle and bra in one' options. Anybody try one of those? I'm just wondering how supportive they are (I have pretty big boobs - not freakishly large, but D-cup). And do they shrink your boobies like they do your waist? I don't mind losing an inch or so at the waist, since my gown laces in the back and can just be tied a little tighter, but the breast-area of the gown is pretty fitted and made to my measurements, so I don't want to mess with it.

I'm fairly thin (well, normal-sized, anyway) so I don't think I really NEED a girdle to hold stuff in...but I was hoping to have some sort of full-torso bra, since I have a bellybutton piercing and the little ball at top makes a bump in my dress if I wear it without anything underneath. I bought a nice long-line bra and tried it with the dress, but the line where the bra ends showed through, so it looks like I'm going to be returning that one. The dress looks fine with a normal strapless bra, so I could always take the naval ring out for the day and wear it that way - but I was wondering whether Spanxx would help (and making me look a little thinner is a nice bonus!)  

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine