First Dance Songs

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 47

LovePark Posts : 241 Registered: 2/27/08
First Dance Songs
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 6:04 PM

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to see what you all were using for your first dance with your new husbands and why you are choosing that song.

We're thinking of "Better Together" by Jack Johnson. We both love Jack Johnson and for the first three years of our relationship we dated long distance and it sucked and so we realize we're "better together" 

Can't wait to hear what you're picking!  

www.momentville.com/stephanieandmike

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Re: First Dance Songs
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

We are also planning to use Better Together. I had no idea it was so popular which made me not want it but it is sentimental to us as well. Also, I thought it was sweet and more upbeat han most "love songs".
DaisypathWedding Ticker

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

We had to pick one song from three: Can't Stop Loving You by Kem, You by Jesse Powell and we finally settled on Happily Ever After by Case.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

I think we've finally decided on "Come Away With Me' by Norah Jones.  FH really wanted "Summer Girl" by Beck - while it is our song, the whole serial killer thing just didn't strike me as appropriate for our first dance. 
Love2uKiss

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: Love2u

I love that song, it will be very romantic. We also ran into a similar situation with the song that we want to be announced to, we wanted to come out to "State of Love and Trust" by Pearl Jam, because FH LOOOOOVVVVEEEEESSS PJ, but it's kind of about suicide, so it's a little morbid for a wedding. 

I'm starting to second guess "Better Together" too because now I'm realizing how popular it is, hmm. At first we wanted "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney, but it's like 8 minutes long so that's out. I do love that song though. 

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

HAHA lovepark - my FH and I thought about having maybe im amazed as well. We must have similar taste in music. We have a shorter version of the song - you could always use that
DaisypathWedding Ticker

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

We finally decided on Happily Ever After by Case.  I always loved that song, and said one day I would play it at my wedding (almost 10 years ago)!

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

We finally decided on Happily Ever After by Case.  I love that song and said one day I would play it at my wedding (almost 10 years ago)!

MermaidBride08 Posts : 554 Registered: 9/26/06
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 3:13 AM Go to message in response to: LovePark

We're using So Close from the movie Enchanted.

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 4:18 AM Go to message in response to: MermaidBride08

MermaidBride I am using the same song! We are going to try and mimic the dance they do in the movie some. But not completely over the top. We just don't want our guests to stare at us swaying back and forth. Great song! 

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: krista210

Get out, really? They're both kind of unusual songs. See, the thing is, we like the live version best and that's the long one.... What to do??? I think FH wants to stick with Better Together

HeatherJoel Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/07
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

FH and I were back and forth between "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel or "Your Song" by Elton John. I think it'll be the latter, since he's been playing it all weekend NON STOP.

"

www.weddingchannel.com/hbeyerandjmcconnell

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

FH and I havevery different taste in music. He likes country and oldies, so thats what alot of our music will be. Our first dance will be Dierks Bentley - Long Trip Alone.  It's not a mushy lovey dovey song, but the words have meaning to us.  Plus we can pull off a nice waltz to it...If we can find the time to go get dance lessons!!!!

www.mywedding.com/kevandcrisi

slsjdc5 Posts : 388 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: LovePark

I think we are doing "No One" by Alecia Keys......but maybe by October we will have changed our minds!!!  We have some friends who are going to sing a version of "Leather and Lace" by Stevie Nicks (I think).  So maybe that will be it!!  Who knows at this point!
 ♥LLAMA JJAMMIES Tongue out

huskerbride Posts : 51 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: slsjdc5

We're using "Something" by the beatles 
When is my wedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine