November 2008 Brides

Online Users: 1,323 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 290

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
November 2008 Brides
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 6:24 PM

I just wanted to say hi to all the November 2008 brides. I know that there is already a post out there about this but is doesn’t seem to be very active so I’m hopping this one will be.  So anyways I just wanted to find out how everyone’s wedding planning is coming along? Do you have you colors picked out yet? My colors are burgundy, bronze, gold, and ivory. I’m kinda going for the fall theme, with wheats and leaves.
DaisypathWedding Ticker

Re: November 2008 Brides
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Well I guess I’m the only November bride...lol just kidding, I’m sure you are all really busy planning your weddings like I have been. thing have been so crazy especially last weekend in interview 3 photographers, ordered chair covers and sashes, picked up my slip for my dress, went to the hotel that we will be getting ready at and took a look at the suites, and that was all on Sunday... I hope all is going well for all brides out there.
DaisypathWedding Ticker

CyndiGravino Posts : 14 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Nope here's another November Bride :)

Planning is going... well all the big stuff atleast. We have our church, reception, dress and we are meeting with the photography this weekend.  We are going for the black/white tie look, which at first my FH wasn't that crazy about... He came around though. I have learned to chose my battles and beleive me I have lost some of them, but I am ejoying planning the wedding very much.

I am having a problem with the little details, like what should we have our guest throw when we exit the church and what kind of favors, stuff like that.

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: CyndiGravino

I wish I did something simple like black and white, that would have been so much easier, but no I had to have color...lol how did meeting with the photographers go?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Wedding.png Wedding image by brooknjake

DeezNuttiest Posts : 200 Registered: 1/10/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 12:05 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

and heres another Nov bride although i wish i was getting married next week already lol. i swear, do any of you feel the same way, ever since i got the big things like church, hall, and caterer outta the way i just want it to happen already lol. but i have not chosen colors yet, i thought i did, i was going to go with midnight and silver, then i found out i had two other cousins use the same colors for their weddings lol so now im thinking of some other shades of blue but im also really like some subtle shades of purple too. im like the most indecisive person ever lol so i cant make up my mind. ive decided to make all my decorations, table clothes, pillows and baskets myself just to give me something to occupy my time with now lol. im jumping outta my skin to get married now and my dress doent even come in till june lol i guess thats what happens when youve been together for 7 years and are barely getting married huh lol.

S2BColeman Posts : 60 Registered: 3/10/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I am a november bride! Smile  November 15th

It has not been an easy journey but I am trying to stay positive.  In the beginning we were to get married in the town that both of us reside in on November 8th but the reception venue he wanted was already booked. We changed it to the 15th.  Then when we started really getting down to the nitty gritty of who was going to be invited we realized there would be no way we could afford the many people that would HAVE to be invited.  So we changed it to a small town that most of my family is from out of state.  I had one brides maid who refused to wear the dress I had picked out because she said it looked " like a trash bag."  So she is out.  We originally had picked a celtic theme since he and I have english/irish/scottish roots with the colors being red and yellow. Matching his clan tartan.  It became so much of an ordeal that I decided that I was changing it.  The theme is nautical/shell with colors being navy blue and sunshine yellow and I couldn't be happier about it.  At this point in the game, although I am not overly religious, I am putting it in god's hands.  I have a plan A and a plan B and know that no matter what he and I will get married.  After all that is what it is all about.

oh ps...did I happen to mention that someone in my family VERY recently has also decided to get married in the same area as I a month before me?  Oh well what can you do.

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: S2BColeman

I'm a Nov 15 bride also!!  The planning process has been smooth for me.  I'm doing it pretty much on my own.  We are paying ourselves, and all of our family is out of state.  Our colors are shades of aqua, chocolate, and ivory.  Beach/shells/sand.  Out side, on the beach of a lake in Orlando, Fl.  I'm very excited!!  Congrates to you all!

http://mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

S2BColeman Posts : 60 Registered: 3/10/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: JAllen

Hey I live in Orlando.  Crazy!

Where did you end up getting your dress??

RedLily777 Posts : 5 Registered: 10/17/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Another November Bride! I will tie the knot with my love on November 1. I chose a deep red with chocolate brown and ivory as my color scheme. I am trying to stay with the whole warm autumn thing. i am just trying to figure out what to do with my flower situation. I'm trying to stay within budget so i'm considering the DIY route by ordering online and assembling them myself or ordering them assembled from Proflowers.com's wedding packages. What are you guys doing for flowers? What type and colors are you planning on using?

DeezNuttiest Posts : 200 Registered: 1/10/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: RedLily777

im doing Nov.1 also, Lily, did you pick that date for any particular reason? i picked it because its All Saints Day and a little meaningful to me being Catholic. ive thought about autum colors, but neither i or my FH like shades of red or orange lol i might use a brown, but i cant decide on anything. i want to do silks for flowers too just because it would be easier, we are getting married in another state and its too hard to be making all kinds of trips down there, so i would rather do something i can see and have in front of me. 

brideincanada Posts : 133 Registered: 1/30/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: DeezNuttiest

Another November 2008 bride here and hello to all the others!

Our date is set for November 8, 2008.  There were several factors for us in picking that date, among them it being an almost long weekend up here (Remembrance Day on Tuesday, Nov. 11 so OOT guests can take one day off work and have a four day weekend), and one of FH best friends, who is also a GM, won't be back from a tour in Afganistan until late September/early October.

So far the planning is going well, we've got our ceremony/reception location (and the food/drinks as a result), officiant, photographer, and dresses taken care of.  The next big things on my list are DJ, flowers, cake (we're actually doing cupcakes instead of cake), and invitations (I'm making them myself).  I'm taking it all one task at a time so there's no panic setting in yet (fingers crossed it stays that way).  As for colours we're going with mainly white and black with touches of silver and red since we're doing an evening ceremony and cocktail reception.

Just wondering if there any Northern-Central US November brides out there?  I'm in Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba to be exact, for geographical reference that would be approximately straight north of Fargo, ND) and hoping that there won't be a blizzard for my wedding!

Congrats to everyone and happy planning!

michelspa Posts : 30 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hi ladies. I'm a November 8, 2008 bride in Wisconsin. My colors are black bridesmaid dresses, my dress and shoes are ivory. My colors will be ivory, champagne and gold with maybe some touches of burgundy. I didn't really want to do the startk black/white theme or the orange/yellow theme of fall. I'm going for a"glowing" look.  I've booked the major vendors such as photog, church, reception site. I'll be meeting with the florist in a few weeks and hopefully get some ideas on flower colors and decorations. We also hired a videographer and ceremony musicians. Still have to finalize menu selections and pick out cake. But before you know it, it will be here. Just sent out my save the dates yesterday.

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: michelspa

Hi ladies! I thought I'd come hang out on this thread a bit...you see, I'm actually getting married on the 31st of October, so I'm not really a November Bride, but everyone on the October thread is going to get married before me (obviously) and then they're all going to be off on their honeymoons and forget about poor old me! So I thought I'd come and say hi to you guys, because, really, those of you in early November will be in much the same planning stage as me!

So anyway, I got engaged on Christmas last year, and I'm already feeling like a PP said - now that I have the big stuff out the way (venue, dress, DJ, etc) I just wish it would hurry up and get closer already so I can start making the favours and stuff. I feel like I'm on a big hiatus where I can't do anything! Although I am in the process of getting a new photographer, so that's a big thing, I guess.

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

hotforteacher Posts : 39 Registered: 4/7/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to be a November bride. I just got engaged this past Friday and hope I can get together a wedding by the fall. Early November in Maryland is beautiful, so I'm hoping for Nov 8 but it depends on a couple of factors. The proposal was a complete surprise so I have done nothing as far as planning and there is soooooo much to do.  

I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas with everyone over the next 7 months. 

Sparklee.com - http://www.sparklee.com

buy nintendo wii online

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey ladies, it’s good to hear that you are all making progress on your planning, as for me I feel like one day the planning is going great then the next everything is turned upside down. Like this weekend, Saturday we met with the reception coordinator and picked out our table linens and got a bunch of questions I had answered. Then Sunday I asked FSIL to be a BM and then I find out that she doesn’t even think I’m right for FH (I have a post about this under family, friends& guest). Anyways congrats to all the November brides and Katharine… 

Redlily- I would probably do my own flowers but I have a friend that is a florist so I’m getting a really good deal. At least it doesn’t look to hard to make a hand tied bouquet I’m sure your flowers will turn out really nice. 

Deeznuttiesh- I also really wish my wedding was next week I see people’s trackers that say 2 months and I really wish that was me, but no there still more then 7 month to go. I can wait till the wedding. 

Hotforteacher- congrats on your engagement, let us know when you start our planning.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Wedding.png Wedding image by brooknjake

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine