WEDDING COLORS!!!

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 60

HeatherJoel Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/07
Re: WEDDING COLORS!!!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: Camrynsmom

We're doing Clover Green (which is my favorite color and seems to be popular), Silver and White. It's a September wedding and I didn't want to do a "fall color" scheme since it was still early enough in the season. Some of the color combos sound awesome on here... I like the red, black and white (that was my 2nd choice) it sounds so glam!

My dress is a diamond white. Bridesmaids have Clover green dresses with silver shoes and the flower girls have white dresses with a Clover green sash and bow in the back. FH is picking out the tuxes, but he said that he is going with Clover vests for the guys and a matching vest in white or champagne for him.  

I haven't even gone to the florist yet to talk flowers yet (I really should get my tookus, as well as my BM who said that she would buy them for us, in gear) but I would like to do white daisies (favorite flower), roses and maybe some Calla Lilies. Something simple but very elegant.

"

www.weddingchannel.com/hbeyerandjmcconnell

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

We are doing shades of purple, and silver accent.

We chose purple in honor of my mother who recently passed away, it was her fav color (Mine is cobalt) and FH wanted silver because it matches the chrome on his classic car.  LOL.

I have a white dress with organza skirt, lots of beading and sequined embellishments.  GM, BM, FH will wear black tuxes with lavendar vest/bowties.  Bridesmaids are a choice between two dresses.  We havent chosen yet, one is either any style but same color of lavender or I found a great dress for BM in lavender with plum ribbon trim and the MH(2) will wear same dress but plum with lavender trim.

Flowers I am using are stargazer lilly, white & purple cymbidium, purple dendrobium, and lavender baby callas.

So here is my problem on the color scheme if someone can help.

I am having a hard time with the accent color.  What things are those of you with the similair color scheme doing with your accent color?

www.mywedding.com/kevandcrisi

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: springorchid

Thank you for your advise SpringOrchid and slsjdc5!  I looked on J Crew and there was only one gray one and it was almost $400!!  I haven't looked at Davids Bridal.  I'll have to check it out!

Thanks again and happy planning!

GlamBride08 Posts : 101 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

towgirl- My colors aren't the same as yours, but green or navy would look great with purple and silver. Depending on what time of year your wedding is. I would go with green for summer/spring, but navy for fall/winter. Although, you could do both navy and green any time of the year since they are just accent colors!

Hope this helps. Happy planning everyone :)

P.S. You all have TERRIFIC color combos. 

The future Mrs. Skaggs

When is my wedding

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: YoungNInLove21

Ours were black, white and pink.

Black & white because we wanted something timeless, classy and elegant with lots of sophistication.  Pink because that is my favorite color and I love pink peonies and white orchids (our flowers).

JayJ Posts : 1,080 Registered: 4/22/07
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

wait... you seriously have a purple wedding dress?

www.MattAndJesy.com <3           http://llama.jjammies*

CyndiGravino Posts : 14 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: YoungNInLove21

God everybody has such pretty colors... I went with the basic black/white. I know, I know, but I couldn't pick a color so I went w/ the balck and white tie look, it actullay work out though b/c I found some really cool center pieces to go with the look.

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: CyndiGravino

We're going with pastels. We're having a very non-traditional wedding, FH's 3 older daughters and our 2 little ones will be all that's in it. Our youngest, almost 2 will be in cream colored, our older, 5, we don't have yet but maybe cream, white or purple. The older girls, 21 and 16 year old twins, will all be in different pastel colors, pink, blue, green, purple, you get the point. I'm wearing either off white or champagne, didn't get my dress yet. Our theme is flowers and candles, all over the place! I can picture it, just have to wait 5 more months to actually see it!

Beth

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

My colors are teal, chocolate, and ivory.  I was thinking at first equal amounts of choc and teal, but when we did the linens with the cater, a choc cloth with a teal over lay just was too dark.  So we went with white linens with teal overlay and white napkins with a sliver ed ging.  I wasn't crazy about the silver, looks kinda cheap, but it was one of the only things fh actually verbalized that he liked, so I choked back my NO WAY and said, sounds good. LOL!!!  So we will have mostly teal, actually more of an aqua(david's bridal pool) with choc accents.  My dress and fh vest/tie will be ivory.  We based these colors on the beachy theme of the wedding.  Using alot of sand and seashells. 

http://mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: YoungNInLove21

Mine was like a light green with sandalwood and white accents.  I saw a picture with green roses one day while planning my wedding and knew those were the flowers for me. 

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Black and white with dark gold as an accent color. The flowers are going to be a mix of red, dark pink, white roses, peonies, and stargazer lilies.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

MrsBirchJr Posts : 28 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: YoungNInLove21

I have decided on Chocolate, Lavender and Ivory.  I choice them because FH loves any shade of purple and i wanted Ivory and Chocolate so we are compromising.  I found beautiful lavender dresses for my bridesmaids and their flowers will be ivory roses with chocolate ribbons. My dress is ivory and my flowers will be a mix of lavender and ivory roses also with the chocolate ribbon.  Chocolate is mostly my decor color and it ties everything together.

iluvstrwbrries Posts : 9 Registered: 6/28/07
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

Our colors are Lavender, Ivory and pearl pink. My dress is Ivory and with hints of champagne, my shoes are also Ivory. We are getting married in a english garden setting so I wanted pretty pastel colors that carried over that garden feel to it.

CinderEdna Posts : 14 Registered: 2/14/08
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Really hip!

CinderEdna Posts : 14 Registered: 2/14/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: YoungNInLove21

Hi I love everyone's ideas. I have no idea about my wedding colors. At first I thought of light pink, beige and cream. But then I thought maybe that would be boring?

Maybe it's better to go with something darker or metallic?

What do you think? 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine