Garters?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Garters?
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 11:57 AM

I am wondering where everyone has bought their garter(s)?  I am looking for a cute, lacy one with blue on it (for my "something blue").  Any suggestions on where I can find one?

Also, what is the second garter for?  I've seen single garters and sets of two garters.  I'm confused...

Thanks ladies!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Re: Garters?
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

I bought mine on ebay.  It was super inexpensive and I was able to have the seller personalize it for my FH.  I cannot remember the seller but there are many, so it's worth poking around on.

The second garter is for tossing, if you plan to do that.  Some brides like to keep a garter as a memento and toss the other.

[/url]

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

I got my best friend's garter from David's Bridal for $24.  The neat thing about it is two came in the pack.  One for her husband to throw, and the other for her to keep!

coliebrian1 Posts : 75 Registered: 8/17/07
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Hi, I saw some garters in Frederick's of Hollywood, but I didn't look at the prices, they're not an expensive store though.

Getting married March 7th, 2008!!

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

Either google wedding garter (tons of sites will come up).  Or search it on ebay.  Also all the sites have tons of blue ones, I guess it is really popular to use your garter as your something blue.

MrsCole Posts : 9 Registered: 2/23/08
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 2:17 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

I'm using my garter as my "something-blue" too xD I've been poking around David's Bridal, since it's a pretty inexpensive store, and my friend told me that some lingerie stores sell wedding garters along with "wedding night" lingerie xD I suggest buying the two garters, one for your future-hubby to toss and the other to put into your wedding scrapbook or hope chest or something of the sort. Good luck, I hope you find the perfect one!

::What love has brought together let no man (or mother-in-law) tear apart::

URL="http://www.whenismywedding.com/"IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/b5013ed99a609f45.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

I had mine (and a matching handkerchief) custom made with antique lace by these people on eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Trent-Valley-Mercantile

It was gorgeous, and really inexpensive.  I also picked up the czech crystal letter pins, and put them on each girls' bouquet (their first initial) and it looked fantastic and they arrived in a week.  If you don't see what you want, contact them -they'll be happy to do whatever you want.

Good luck!

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

I bought my garter online from Victoria's Secret.  Its fluffly and so cute, I am going to add some sparkle to it.  The color blue on the garter almost matches my BMs but I am not sure if this will be my something blue, maybe.  I am also going to buy one to toss, this one is mine!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

I got my garter at the craft store and I believe it cost $2.97.  I just got the one because I didn't really care to keep it... came in several colors... I got pink but they also had it in blue.

I remember they also had the sets of two which cost around $8 for both. 

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

Thanks for all of the info ladies.  I went to a local party supply store yesterday and found my garter!  It was $11.00 which is a little more than I wanted to spend on a garter, but I love it and couldn't pass it up.  Here's what it looks like...

DaisypathWedding Ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

Glad you found one.  I'm ordering mine on eBay - I want to get ones in Philadelphia Eagles fabric - I'm a HUGE Eagles fan so this totally fits me!  And the lady who makes them even sews in a little blue ribbon for the something blue... :-)

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

In all the hoopla of my wedding day, I actually forgot to put mine on!  My mom gave me hers from her wedding and it was blue.  I think there were like two eligible bachelors at my wedding, so DH wouldn't have any fun throwing it if I had remembered it.

CelticBride08 Posts : 4 Registered: 10/20/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

My aunt bought me a set of 2 garters, one white and one blue. Does it matter which one you toss?

KelliJ Posts : 20 Registered: 1/15/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: CelticBride08

IF it was me I would throw the one that you liked the least, that way you can save the one you really like.  Just make sure your new husband grabs the right one on your leg :) 

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

I bought mine on ebay from a seller for like $1 and the other one my MOH bought from Hot Topic. It was hot pink.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine