Baby name

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 104
Re: Baby name
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

OOOOOooo... I love this thread.
Even though DH and I decided to wait about 4-5 years to TTC! I would love to have them now, but money is kind of tight! So we are starting to save money now, for them!

I want about 3 or 4... as of NOW, but we'll see after the 1st one... hopefully, not entirely too painful!

Girl names are:

* Mary Claire--after DH grandmother, because his name was her maden name. Call her both
* Olivia Grace- I just like the way it sounds call her both
* Zayda Brooke- middle name is after me of course!! Call her 'Gracey'
It will be hard to choose, but the 1st girl will definately be Mary Claire!

BOYS:

* Hunter Reese- I love the name Reese, call him 'Reese'
* Eli Wilson- Middle after DH, of course, Call him 'Eli'
* Presley --- I haven't found a middle name I like yet, But I have plenty of time to think about it!

DH and I both go by our middle names, I would hate to do that to them because in school they usually call you by your first name! But oh well!

I became a MRS...11/3/07!

When is my wedding

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Unofficially in my family, and officially in DH's family, the first born son gets the dad's first name as his middle name. So, for boys DH has agreed to Hayden Nathaniel, although I personally like Owen Nathaniel best. Evan and Ethan are also names I like. For girls, DH can't even think of an idea, nor does he agree with any of mine. I like Ily (eye- lee) after my great grandmother's middle name (first name was Maysel, not doing that one!) and I like Ona. If we go with Ily, we will use my mother's middle name, Ann. If we go with Ona, we will use MIL's middle name, Jane. 

DH is positive we won't have girls though, because he is one of four boys, his father is one of three boys (each of his brothers had all boys), his grandfather is one of three boys and on up the family tree. FIL has some female cousins, but in their direct line, not a single female born into the family in something like 5 generations (if you follow the fathers). I keep telling him it's about time they had one. He keeps telling me his brother is going to end up with all girls.

Kayla04 Posts : 72 Registered: 11/15/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Me and my husband have been trying to come up with names so when we get preg. we dont have to worry about it then.  We know if its a boy it will be named after him.  We cant agree on a girls name except that the middle name will be his moms name

[url=http://www.ido.com.sg/]imghttp://www.ido.com.sg/tickers/anniversary/ticker.php?due_date_DD=3&due_date_MM=3&due_date_YY=2008&message=0&topmessage=&custommessage=Celebrating Corey and Kaylas Anniversary&transparency=1&image=image58.png&meter=meter50_09.png[/img][/url]

looseygoosey Posts : 122 Registered: 5/2/06
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I never wanted to be that girl who named all of her kids with the same first letter, but somehow almost all of the names I like start with C.

For girls we like Camille, Corinne, Colette, Casey and Taryn (the oddball)

For boys, we like Cole, Connor, Caleb, and Ryan (another oddball).Maybe we'll mix them up so some are first names and some are middle.

A family is a long ways down the road for us too - I am about to graduate from college and we are house-hunting. No babies for us for a while!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

coliebrian1 Posts : 75 Registered: 8/17/07
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: looseygoosey

I already have a son..Dominick Vincent, he will be 20 months by the time our wedding comes

For my next baby (hopefully soon after wedding I will be pregnant again Smile) if I have a girl: Kayla Elizabeth

and if a boy: Jake  (not Jacob) and not sure about a middle name yet.

getting married March 7th, 2008!!! Woo hooooo Cool

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Right now we have a couple names:

Boy: Ben Jamin (that's a middle and first name) and Charles

Girl: Charolette,  and Genevieve

When is my wedding

Invites Sent!

2010bride Posts : 22 Registered: 1/13/08
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're not having kids for a while, but we have already talked about names.

I like Skylar Makenzie for a girl. I also like my grandma's name Moonyeen, but FH doesn't.

For a boy, FH like Alexander Leonidas...after he saw that Sparta movie. He says it sounds powerful. 

slsjdc5 Posts : 388 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're not set on if we're going to have kids or not, but I have picked out names anyway....

Girl: Ella Maxine

(just love the name) (My Grandma's middle name & I've always wanted to use it!!

Boy: Austin Sawyer

(My Dad's middle name and his mom's maiden name) (FH's Mom's maiden name)

Oh!  and my BF from home just had twins:

Hayley Elizabeth & Grant Alexander

♥LLAMA JJAMMIES Tongue out

Message was edited by: slsjdc5

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: slsjdc5

I'm starting to get baby fever - even though it'll most likely be a year before we are financially ready.  Still very fun to think about!

We want to name a boy Derek Joseph.  DH's first name is Joseph.  He wants to call him DJ, but I don't know how I feel about that.

DH believes we are having all boys, which I keep telling him means we will have all girls.  We want to have 2 kids total though.

If we have a girl I've always liked the name Mckenzie Ann (Ann was my mom's middle name).  He likes the name Kinnick Ann for a girl (Kinnick is the name of the Iowa Hawkeye Football stadium), so I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.  I really like the name Emma too.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok--as a kindergarten teacher--PLEASE no more Isabelles/Isabellas/Ellas/Bellas!  Out of our school's 65 kindergarteners 6 are those names!!  Oh and we have 3 Zacharys and 2 Patricks....  We have one Xaviar (I like it!) and Riley (girl) Aiden (boy) Alexis (she's a sweetie!)  and a Jalyn.  I've noticed for the most part the "old names" are coming back.  Such as Andrew/Matthew/Daniel/Julia/Ashley etc. 

You could always do what my parents did: first 2 letters of Mom's name (Kathy) and Last 2 of Dad's name (Terry) became Kary and Mom decided to change the K to a C and they got me--Cary

http://www.mywedding.com/caryandmike/

MrsCole Posts : 9 Registered: 2/23/08
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Me and my future-hubby aren't even married yet, but we both agree kids are something we'd love to have one day! We've got all our names picked out, or at least the ones that we'd pick if we could control the babies gender xD

Girls:

Debbie Magdalynne: Debbie's for my mother and Magdalynne is just because we liked it xD I know the spellings not right, but thats how we wanted it so we could call her Maggie or Lynne

Anita Rebecca: Anita because I've ALWAYS loved that name, and Rebecca because he's ALWAYS loved that name xD

Rosemary Viola: Rosemary is in honour of both of my grandmothers (named Rosie and Mary-lou) and Viola is because I love the way it sounds and he wants to call her Vi xD

Boys:

Nicholas Wade: Wade is my future husbands middle name (sort of a family tradition) and Nicholas because he loves that name. I'm probably going to call him Nicky xD

Jeremy Gaven: We both loved Jeremy, but it sounded sort of...country. So we decided to make his middle name a little less southern. We picked Gaven because we both loved it and it sounded perfect together!

::What love has brought together let no man (or mother-in-law) tear apart::

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;6/st/20101015/e/We+Finally+Share+A+Bed%21/dt/-1/k/5a6a/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 1:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am pregnant and LOVE this thread...

I always wanted to name my baby Isaiah Nathen (but seeing that I came up with that years ago and is an ex bf...not a good idea...lol

We are thinking about names now, for real :-)

Jeremiah Christopher (my cousin Chris died of cancer when he was 23)

Shane Michael

Kiah Renee

Elizabeth, Isabelle, Olivia??!  I am so lost when it comes to the girl

www.myspace.com/tysmyboo

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ooooh what a fun thrread!  I just found out a month ago that I am having a baby girl in June...

So far the one we can agree on is Anna Isabelle....

but others that i like are... McKenna, Kennedy, Bresden, and Grace.... Isabelle will be her middle name.... love all your ideas!  Keep em coming, its helping me lots! :)

Nicole, wife to Aaron

...and then there came one more :)

Nicole and Aaron

SparrowSong Posts : 77 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't like popular or trendy-sounding names. I think it's because I grew up as a Jennifer in the 80s. I want my kids to have relatively unique names.

Boys: Tavish, Cedric or Felix

Girls: Tabitha, Calista, or Cecilia 

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: SparrowSong

Oooo--I love Tavish! 

http://www.mywedding.com/caryandmike/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift