Beware of Free Vacation From Simplicity Gourmet

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 105

JessicaAndTravis Posts : 5 Registered: 12/5/07
Re: Beware of Free Vacation From Simplicity Gourmet
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Where are you planning on going? Just wondering to see if it is where we would like to go. We don't mind paying taxes at all and another thing when are you going? Thanks for any help you may provide:)

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

SMITHWIFEY2B         Where are you planning on going? Just wondering to see if it is where we would like to go. We don't mind paying taxes at all and another thing when are you going? Thanks for any help you may provide:)

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: JessicaAndTravis

We have chosen to go to Orlando, FL from May 17 - 24. My dream vacation since I was a little girl was to go to Disney World.  I will be calling the travel consultant lady today to see exactly what hotel we will be staying in.  We will be booking our flight tickets now so it won't be as much, plus the only thing we have to worry about is spending money.  I'm really excited about the trip and you can't beat it, our original honeymoon plan costed almost $4500.  Let me know if you have any other concerns girl :)

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well both of us really want to go to the Bahamas and its on our list of places to go and we just can't beat the money we will be saving! We have looked at the hotel and it seems really nice. I'm pretty sure we are going to go through with it!If you dont mind you will have to let me know what hotel she says you will be staying in!! I'm so happy for you that you finally get to go on your dream vacation:) And thanks again!

KTZOMBIE Posts : 1 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL AS WELL! I WAS REALLY EXCITED! I TRIED TO GOOGLE "SIMPLICITY BRIDE" AND THIS THREAD CAME UP IN THE SEARCH. IM SO GLAD TO HAVE RUN ACROSS ALL THESE POSTINGS.....I HAVE NO TIME RIGHT NOW TO ATTEND A COOKWARE SEMINAR.

FutureMrsBurwell Posts : 1 Registered: 1/23/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: KTZOMBIE

I got a call last week, and went to the show with my fiance and my mom. The show was only 90 minutes long, and the pots were neat, but too expensive, so we didn't buy any, but we still received the free trip. We're not sure where we're going, but it seems to be ligit. The salesman was up front with the costs, and the trip is good for up to two years. We're not going until next year when he's done with school and when we have a little more money. I am more cautious about the trip, and will repost if it is a scam.

Christine322 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBurwell

I got a call earlier this week and I was sopposed to go today to that 90 min. show but i got a call this morning and they said it was canceled do to the chef calling in sick and that they would hold on to the package until they come back tto buffalo new york.  I was really bummed.  My Fiance even took off of work to attend.  Did this happen to anyone else?

A dream is a wish your heart makes when your fast a sleep... Christine

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

HI ALL - this is a scam.  If you have been contacted by Simplicity Brides, please file a complaint with the BBB .  http://grandrapids.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=53&bbb=0372&firm=38113205

or http://archive.westernmichigan.bbb.org/search.html  BBB of Western Michigan. 

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Christine322

HI  - this is a scam.  I filed a complaint aginst them with the BBB of West Michigan and I encourage you to do so, especially if you gave them ANY money at all.    If you have been contacted by Simplicity Brides, please file a complaint with the BBB .  http://grandrapids.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=53&bbb=0372&firm=38113205

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBurwell

HI ALL - this is a scam.  If you have been contacted by Simplicity Brides, please file a complaint with the BBB .  http://grandrapids.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=53&bbb=0372&firm=38113205

Liz09bride Posts : 2 Registered: 2/23/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 2:43 AM Go to message in response to: Christine322

I went to this 90 min. show, only to realize that it was the same demonstration Saladmaster has been given for over 30 yrs.  Simplicity Gourmet is an imitation to Saladmaster.  Ladies if you want the real deal go with Saladmaster.

Liz09bride Posts : 2 Registered: 2/23/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 2:46 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBurwell

I went to this 90 min. show, only to realize that it was the same demonstration Saladmaster has been given for over 30 yrs.  Simplicity Gourmet is an imitation to Saladmaster.  Ladies if you want the real deal go with Saladmaster.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: Liz09bride

ATTN LADIES! I wish i could combat every issue in this thread but since i havent read but a few pages please let me share my experience with simplicity bride/gourmet which is the advertising front of the cookware company prohealth ultra or new era as its also called. now though i havent any info on other companies, this one is the real deal and entirely not a scam. me, my future sister inlaw and my future parents-inlaw all attened the 90 minute seminar along with 3 other couples. (All six parties made purchases) all wanting our free vacation, but afterwards all wanting the amazing cookwear. i myself, am an aspiring chef to be and now im just an average cook, i dont have a great deal of money for such luxouries (cant spell) but the cookware is amazing i recieved it promptly and use it daily, my electric bill has since gone down and i didnt even begin my payments on the cookware until a month after i recieved it. the finaciaing and payment plans are flexable and the interest is low. the company is more than reputable. my mom actually went to the seminar a few months before i did and turned me on to it. and she has already used her vacation and loved it, the free trip just a bonus and you do pay for the taxes and transport to the destination but thats it. my mother went to cancun with my dad for under 350 bucks stayed in a first rate hotel/resort and enjoyed food, drink, scuba diving, horse back riding and rock climbing all for free. a trip that would have and could have cost well over 2000 dollars.... and well at that point why would you complain about the taxes??!! i cant wait to use my trip as my honeymoon and i have been unstoppably bragging about my amazing cookware, no it is not cheap but its worth every penny and NOT A SCAM. i cant go on enough how the cookwear is more than amazing, health-wise energy-conscience, and all around fun and easy. i hope many of you will rethink and check it out. much love! ~tiffany Laughing

Message was edited by: cmunky

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The free vacation is not a scam, however the initial phone call is misleading.  We did not realize that the airfare was not included in the trip, nor did we realize that we would have to pay $50 per person, per night at the resort ($200 for 2 nights).  Also, the package is only for 2 nights, which is not worth the travel time.  You can, of course, extend the trip out of your own pocket.  I say the only way this is worth your attention is if you were planning on going to that destination already.  Then you can save a few bucks.

JennaOhh Posts : 1 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got a phone call from them saying I won a 3 night stay in the Bahamas or some other place, and I got a weird feeling about it...women's intuition maybe?

Anyway, I looked them up online and all I saw was SCAM on everything about them, so I called the Holiday Inn in Forsyth, GA, which is where their event is supposed to be, and asked them if there was an event scheduled for Friday, March 14, and I was told that there was no event. This lead to me calling Elite Events, who sponsored the bridal show I went to on Sunday  and asked them about it. 

The woman I talked to told me that a lot of people think it's a scam, but all they want you to do is listen to their presentation about cookware (or whatever) and then claim your prize. I guess they're counting on the fact that you'll want to (or feel obligated to) spend $3000 on cookware in order to get your trip.
It still feels weird to me, because the people in the hotel checked and had no idea what I was talking about, so I'm not going.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine