Back crisis

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

futurefiance Posts : 39 Registered: 9/22/07
Back crisis
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 7:29 PM

I'm not too sure this fits in this forum BUT I'm most comfortable here...and since I've been severely lacking in comfort lately I'll try it here :D

I went to a second wedding gown shoppe this last Mon.  It was my second so far.  Unfortunetly for me I have a bad back.  I had been feeling pretty strong for a few months now but in the last couple of weeks I started getting a crick in my neck, a couple of twinges in my lower back and to top it off, possible strep throat (no fever). 

Well...those wedding gowns are killer to get in and out of, not to mention turning to look at the back effect.  So I wrecked my back and have either muscle relaxers to look forward to or more than a few chiropractor sessions to go to. Neither of which I look forward to. :(

I have to get this fixed obviously, but i wish I could bury my head in the sand and somehow it will magically disappear, you know?

**********I don't know what I want for my wedding, I just know I want him for my marriage!************

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Back crisis
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: futurefiance

Hi futurefiance, I have had problems with my back since I was a teenager. Because you use muscle relaxers I assume you have muscle spasms? Have you tried yoga? I started when I was in my mid 20's and it makes such a difference in how my back, neck,... actually my whole body feels. I know that I now have better posture and stronger muscles.

futurefiance Posts : 39 Registered: 9/22/07
Re: Back crisis
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

Actually, I had already been meaning to do some yoga to get fit, but I was afraid to mess up my back even more.  That's because my back tends to go 'out' when I do bending or stretching.  But maybe yoga bending is different and will align my back into a better position.  In anycase I foresee a visit to a doctor in my near future. :D let's hope he approves yoga.

I told a friend today, I don't care if I have to wheel myself down the aisle, my back isn't going to bring me down!

(although I will admit to sobbing in pain the other night, I couldn't even get out of the restroom! tmi i know)

**********I don't know what I want for my wedding, I just know I want him for my marriage!************

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine