Help! Second thoughts about BM dresses!!!

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

NowMrsMatewski Posts : 57 Registered: 2/14/07
Help! Second thoughts about BM dresses!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 6:43 PM

This is so frustrationg. I can't take pics from my computer and paste them!! AH! Well The dresses are at Sears.com I already bought multiple sizes. Unfortunately my FH doesn't like them. I think the pic online looks better that the ones that I took. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_031A1002000P?keyword=70630

Theres the link. I already bought multiple sizes. It is actually more bronze and shiny in the pics that I took. I'm hoping it is just because the flash was on. Ours is a 12pm reception so there won't be much flash. Also it seems like there is too much extra fabric on the skirt. It goes in between the legs and looks a little odd. Does anyone know if a seamstress could fix that. I wish that I could post the pics.

We are getting married this April 5. I really didn't want my BM's to spend hundreds on a dress. And now its too late to order 1. I want chocolate brown but right now that is soo hard to find in any of the department stores.

aim2173 Posts : 265 Registered: 10/14/07
Re: Help! Second thoughts about BM dresses!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMatewski

Check these dresses out...someone on this site suggested them and all my bridesmaids ordered them and love them!  The are super cheap but are really nice and they come in Chocolate brown!  That's the color we got and I love it.  The best thing...they come in really quick...only took 5 or 6 days so you still have time!  Check them out

Amy and Marc 

Samala Posts : 561 Registered: 12/19/06
Re: Help! Second thoughts about BM dresses!!!
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMatewski

I think that dress will work fine. It probably looked more shiny due to the flash. A noon reception would require very little flash, and if they do photo a little funny just ask your photographer to do some color correction. 

And as for the skirt, the easiest way to fix the between the legs thing is to consider a crinoline. That could likely be added fairly easily by a seamstress. Or separate crinolines could be made to just slip on under the skirt. That could be cute. And if you wanted you could get colored netting and have a contrasting color peek out from the edges.

And to post your pic on here you need to upload it to some webpage. Photobucket is a good free service, but there are many more. Heck you an do it from walgreens, myspace, and facebook too. If you need exact directions I can give them to you. 

.:Samala:.

9-15-07 was a dream to remember

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine