The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599
Re: pregnancy not happening
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

CONGRATS!... I am so happy for you Mrslinnben!
I want to have a baby so bad, but hubby wants to wait at least 4 years... which sucks!

Maybe sooner, hopefully!
I am kind of scared I want be able to have any, just a HUGE fear of mine, since I miscarried once before!

I became a MRS...11/3/07!

When is my wedding

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sorry for the late update...

So we told my parents and they were actually suprised but very excited!  Aaron couldnt keep his mouth shut so we actually told them before dinner while we were cooking... They were both shocked and then of course my mom started tearing up...

Then I got a phone call from my doctor on tuesday, I have pre cancerous cells on my cervix so they wanted me in first thing wednesday do take a look and figure out what to do... It was horrible, worst doc visit ever.  They want to remove the section of my cervix with the cells 6 weeks after the baby is born.... and after they do that some women have trouble carrying a child so this is all turning for the better everyday... I feel a lot better about the timing... not convenient but maybe meant to be? 

I get to go pick up the crib i picked out on saturday and i get to start my nursery!  WOooo hooo!  Maybe it will all feel real then!

Oh and I found out that I am 22 weeks!! A lot farther then they had originally thought and I am due right around May 30th!  Because i found out so late, even measuring her only gives them a general idea give or take a week or two.

Rena,  quick question for you... where are you finding cute, cheap maternity clothes?  I have gone a couple places and got a pair of cute jeans but so EXPENSIVE for only wearing them for 4 months!  Just wondering cause I am gonna be living in sweatpants pretty soon! LOL

Nicole, wife to Aaron

...and then there came one more :)

Nicole and Aaron

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Hey Nicole,

I'm so happy that everything went well with your parents! 

My step sister had the pre-cancerous cells as well, they found them right after she had her daughter.  They had to remove them obviously, and she is actually pregnant again.  So you never know (o:

Holy cow - I can't believe you are that far along!  I am a little over 24 weeks and my due date is May 28th. 

Target has finally put all of their new items out.  I am so hapy to not see clearance everywhere anymore.  As much as I love a deal, I was dieing to see all the spring/summer clothes for our little guy. 

I have found great deals on maternity clothes at Old Navy, JCPenney, and Target.  I can't imagine spending tons of money on clothes that you don't wear for too long either.  Check them out. 

I am so tired right now.  I have been sleeping like crap.  I forgot you asked about sleeping Sarah.  Well I can't get comfortable for the life of me.  And all of a sudden I am a very light sleeper.  I never was before, I could sleep through a war.  But everything wakes me up and it annoys me so much.  I toss and turn all night long and I am SOOOO hot.  Here I am in MA - I have to have all the heat off in our apartment and the fan blowing on my face.  And I still wake up sweating.  I only sleep in my underwear.  Ugh, I hate it!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

ps - congrats mrslinnben - that is great news.  Smile

Also, not sure if you ladies read in the original thread Nicole posted about finding out she was pregnant - but I really recommend doing an ovulating test.  If you didn't catch what I wrote, I'll go copy it and put it in here.  But ever since I got off of my pill (was was 3 years ago now) I had a screwy period.  The one month I tried the tests, I got pregnant. 

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Mrs. Linnben, congratulations! I am so excited for you!

Nicole: I'm so glad your parents are excited about the baby; I thought they would be!
Sorry about the cevical cells, though. In a way it does sound like your pregnancy happened at this time for a reason! Although, like Rena said, you may very well be able to have more afterwards too.
I hope you'll post pictures of your nursery once you get it going. :)

~Michelle and Larry~ 

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Rena, Thanks for the tips! 

Hmmm... your due date and mine and the time a I am along dont make sense, I have to go check my sheet on my due date, I feel like ive heard nine dates.... lol

Nicole, wife to Aaron

...and then there came one more :)

Nicole and Aaron

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Hey new mommas. A friend of my best friend has a baby video and cd that you have go to check out. I think it is the cutest thing ever.

http://www.thatbabydvd.com/details.htm

Danille

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and that last fish has been caught
will we realize that we can't eat money.
- Cree Proverb

cll Posts : 270 Registered: 2/10/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Hello all mommies to be! I havent been on the boards for awhile b/c I have been so busy. I just read around here and there to catch up. Well I hope I am welcome here b/c I myself is 5 mos. pregnant with a little girl! I am excited but nervous. I guess sometimes I just need other pregnant people to talk to b/c I dont know what is what somtimes.

Well as far as my wedding planning....it is kind of put on hold due to the baby, but me and FH want to get married b4 the baby gets here in June (my due date June 20th). We r thinking about just having something small and doing a big celebration later, but we'll see.

I am so excited for all the other mothers to be on the board! My little girl is extremely active, matter of fact she is kicking right now! Its weird b/c my family didnt really take the news well at first b/c they are super traditional (mind you I am 23 years old!!!) and I am not technically married yet. It was frustrating, but they came around. I still feel alone at times but my FH is a good pick-me-upper. I swear these hormones are no joke! One minute I am up, the next minute I am down.

Well I just wanted to say congrats to all the mommies to be! I cant wait til my June princess comes even though I am terrified of the labor. That is like all I think about. I watch TLC Baby Story all the time now and I cringe when I see the pain they be in. I am a wuss when it comes to pain.

Oh but I do have a question. I an 5 mos. along and I am wondering if its too late to switch docs? I do not feel comfortable at the place I am at now b/c they didnt let me know some info upfront and that makes me nervous. This is my 1st child so I didnt know things would be how they are. Has anyone ever switched docs halfway thru their pregnancy b4?

Waiting for the day to be Mrs. Barnes!

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Bird and MrsMcD: I can relate to both of you. I myself am 23 and never had any major health issues. I had a miscarriage when I was 21 so in the back of my mind I thought that something was wrong with me.

We definitely werent trying b/c I was on Depo, but this pregnancy just happened. It always seems that when you have pregnancy the farthest from your mind, you end up getting pregnant practically the next day. Its funny how that works, but believe me when its meant to be it will be. Good luck.

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: cll

Cll, you're 1 day ahead of me! I'm due June 21st, and am also expecting a little girl! She's also a very active little gymnast...it seems like she never stops moving in there. She loves to sit low in my uterus though, especially right on top of my bladder.

It was so cool... the other night, my hubby got to feel her move from the outside of my belly for the 1st time! It was so cute watching his face light up when I put his hand on my belly and he actually felt her. I think he finally realized we're actually having a baby. Ever since that night, everytime we go shopping, he has to pick out an outfit or 2 for her.

Um, about switching docs right now, YOU have to be comfortable with your doctors! If you're not, you need to find a new one ASAP. They can always transfer your medical records to the other doctor. This is a very crucial time in your life and you really need to be happy, comfortable and confident with your doctors.

About being scared of giving birth...don't be. Yes, it's a scary thing and it's inevitable....but, they offer various different forms of pain relief and it's a lot safer for women to give birth now than it was 20 years ago. I'm nervous about it too, but I know it's so worth it. And after they place my little girl in my arms I'm going to forget about all the pain I just endured. A few hours of pain is so worth a lifetime of happiness. Just do yourself a favor and stop watching A Baby Story, Babies:Special Delivery, and all of those other shows. All they're going to do is freak you out even more. That's one thing that everyone told me from day one of my pregnancy...and it's true. 

Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Have you registered for your baby shower yet?

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

That is so funny our due dates are a day apart and we are both having girls. Ur DH is so lucky to have been able to feel her moving and kicking. When I said this little girl is ACTIVE....she is tearing my stomach up!!! She kicks SO MUCH!!! Its so funny because sometimes its like she is focused on one spot and she will just kick the same spot over and over again! I joke with my FH and say when she's kicking that she must be mad at me b/c her kicks are getting harder and harder. She is such a "good little girl" when FH puts his hand on my stomach though. Figures, right?! (lol).

I have an appt. on Friday with my doc. The problem that I have with them is that first it is a group with a whole bunch of midwives and doctors. Since I have been going there for prenatal care, I have not seen one doctor. I dont know if that's normal or not b/c I have not had any problems with the pregnancy and everything is going normal as its suppose to thankfully, but it would still be good to see a doc sometimes. The women there are lovely and very nice, but I dont think I am comfortable with just seeing "whoever is scheduled to work that day", you know what I mean? I didnt know that upfront either. For my intial visit, no one told me that. I would go to them for my gyn needs like my paps and stuff like that, but I would always see the same doctor so I assumed it would always be like that. When I brought it up on my last visit they told me that they want patients to see all the midwives so they get to know them b4 the delivery. I think I would feel better and calmer about the delivery if I see a familiar face walking through the door verses someone that I am sitting there trying to put a name with a face. I am going to bring these issues up with them on Friday just to see if I could stick with one person. I feel bad b/c I am halfway there (21 weeks) but we'll see though.

I havent done my registry yet b/c I dont know which store to choose. My mother is telling me to do it at different stores b/c not all the baby stores up North where I live are in the South where majority of my guests are coming from. Then I dont really know when to register b/c I dont know if its too soon or what. Have you done your registry yet?

Do you have a name picked out for your baby girl? Ohhh...How crazy is this....I read a past post of yours on here today about names and I saw that you were thinking about the name Aaliyah. Do you know that is the only name me and FH agreed on that we both liked?!!!! Too funny!

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Hubby finally felt little Joey move last night.  And he was just like your hubby Sarah, he was soooooo excited.  I have felt him moving around for about 10 weeks now, on the outside for about 5.  But everytime he would go to feel him, Joey would stop.  So lately, now that he is getting bigger (only 15 weeks left wahoo!) and stronger, he literally kicks the crap out of me.  He is all over the place too, sometimes he is really low and I honestly feel like his little foot is going to pop out down south!  It's a very strange feeling lol, and I know that it could never happen - but it gets low. 

cll - the consistent kicking you feel in the same spot over and over - could be hiccups!! 

I watched a baby story once since I've been prego.  Bad idea...  I was cringing from watching her give birth and then bawling once they placed the baby in her arms.  It messed with these hormones - which don't need any messing with!!  (o: 

Gosh I have so many babyshowers coming up.  One is 2/17, one is 2/23, then the next is 3/9.  All of them are my close friends, and they are all having girls.  I know once they are over with, that my time is right around the corner - AHHH!!!

I bought the cutest little plaid shorts with a polo onesie for Joey this weekend.  Haha I can't wait to put him in it.  I can't wait to see this little guy. 

So this is my last week at my current job.  Thank God.  Joe and I have been looking into houses.   It's good to know we'll finally be able to afford one now.  The market is so good right now for buyers, and there are so many foreclosures that it is insane.  The house we're going to look at this coming Friday is a foreclosure - and they are asking a great price.  It's a 3 BR, 2 Bath Cape house.  The front looks like a ranch, but it's on a slope so you can see from the back that it's a two story house.  Here are some pics; if we really like it on Friday I'll post pics of what I take:

untitled3.jpg picture by rena127

untitled1.jpg picture by rena127

untitled.jpg picture by rena127

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: RDWM

ps - danille that link for those songs was really cute!  (o:

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 10:15 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Cll it's not too soon to register! And your mom is right about registering at several different stores. I registered at Babies R Us and did one at Target this past weekend. I'm also doing one at Wal-Mart. Since we only have 1 Babies R Us within a 25 mile radius of us, and I know that not everyone is going to travel down there, I chose to register in several different stores...(even though I think they have some of the cutest stuff there!) And I did put a lot of the same items on each store's registry. I've got 60 guests being invited to my shower, and I've got a nice selection for them to choose from, but if I do end up getting duplicate gifts, I can always just exchange them.

See how your appt goes on Friday and if you still aren't completely happy, ask around for a good OB referral. There's 2 doctors and an RN at my DR's office, and I have to see all of them at least once throughout my pregnancy, just so they are all familiar with me in case my primary Dr isn't on call when I go into labor.

Hmmm, names. Well, we have decided on her first name, which will be Aliyah...(yes, that's how we're spelling it..that was another debate!) but we're still debating on her middle name. It's funny, I swear we've changed her middle name about 20 times. We had chosen Aliyah Grace at first, now all of a sudden he thinks it sounds too old fashioned. So, I went through 25,000 baby girls' names and wrote down the ones that sound nice with Aliyah. I LOVE the name Aliyah Raine (pronounced rain). and I thought it was fitting since she was conceived during a thunderstorm. He doesn't like it. So at the moment we're stuck between Aliyah Madison and Aliyah Marie.

Rena, that's so exciting that your hubby got to feel Joey! I was so happy that Jose finally got to feel Aliyah that I almost cried as I was watching his reaction. Good luck with the house. We were gonna buy about 3 years ago, but we live in Florida, and the homeowner's insurance rates are absolutely insane. So we decided to rent for awhile, but when we move out of our place we're in now, we're definately buying!

We finished most of the nursery this weekend. Jose painted the room Thursday and Friday while I was at work. Then Friday night, we bought and put the crib together. We also ordered the changing table since they didn't have it in stock at Babies R Us. It SHOULD be in by Saturday. We still have to get the crib mattress and my glider, and as soon as we get everything set up, I'll be sure to post pics. The room is looking sooooo cute already and I can't wait to see everything when it finally all comes together!

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Good morning ladies!

I will definitely make my decision about switching doctors Friday. I feel bad b/c I am halfway through my pregnancy, but I want to be totally comfortable. I am already a nervous wreck. This should be the last of my worries.

RMB, I love the house! Especially the living room with the fireplace. It has a lot of charm. I am in the process of looking for a 2 bed apartment now. Apartments are just sooooo expensive where I live. We were going to try and buy a condo, but me and FH plan on relocating to Charlotte (to be closer to my parents)next year so we would rather save that money for our house. Its crazy b/c I pay more in rent for a 1 bedroom apartment than my parents pay for their mortgage for a brand new HUGE 4 bedroom house. Ugghhh....

I try not to watch the baby shows. I really do. I can totally relate to hormones going crazy watching them. All I do is cry through them anyways.

JosesGirl, I have a guest list of 30 people so far, but I could only imagine who my mom is inviting. My mom and my best friend are going to be the hostess so I am kinda glad I dont have to worry about it. All I have to do is show up, which is nice. When r u having ur shower? We are trying to think of a date now. I am thinking in May so I have enough time to set up her room and stuff.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine